Prospect Info: Luke Hughes - part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
Kid is fast as hell. Gonna be a nightmare for opposing teams to have to defend against 2 Hughes bros at once.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Worst take I’ve seen in a while.

He's making fun of Rachel Doerrie, the chick that hates us for no reason and spews bullshit on twitter, saying they only took Luke to market with Jack instead of his actual skill level

Do you guys just not watch other teams lol

A nod to Kuzy for when the Devils take over the Caps's spot in the Metro :laugh:

13BearerOfHope

Hoppsassa Gügüü
Oct 12, 2019
Kid is special. Only seen the third period of the game vs Finland but Luke is always very noticeable in a positive way. Absolute stud and will be a huge uplift to the Devils.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I think there’s no question he goes first overall this year if he had been born one week later. He’s got all the skill of Makar and Fox and Quinn Hughes but in a bigger frame and maybe even better skating (that last bit might be a homer take but whatcha gonna do?).

Reactions: My3Sons

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I think there’s no question he goes first overall this year if he had been born one week later. He’s got all the skill of Makar and Fox and Quinn Hughes but in a bigger frame and maybe even better skating (that last bit might be a homer take but whatcha gonna do?).
Sorry but he’s not as skilled or as good of a skater as Makar. Or his brother. More powerful but not quite as quick and agile IMO. Fox’s game is really based on his skill.

Reactions: My3Sons

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008

With the stats he put up in Michigan? Definitely.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Maybe but he’s a little bigger and Heiskanen is a defensive rock. Not sure Luke will ever be as good defensively.

Yeah Heiskanen’s strength is in his defense and Luke’s definitely isn’t that. It’d be a miracle if Luke ended up being an elite defender like Heiskanen is. I think Luke ends up more like a Rielly. Hopefully a bit better than that.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Yeah Heiskanen’s strength is in his defense and Luke’s definitely isn’t that. It’d be a miracle if Luke ended up being an elite defender like Heiskanen is. I think Luke ends up more like a Rielly. Hopefully a bit better than that.
Ya that’s fair but we’re definitely hoping he’s at least a bit better than that.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
With Luke you can't be sure what he will turn out to be for several reasons (1) he's young for his draft class and most of us only really started following him this season and if he's one week younger he's in this draft so his development curve appears somewhat skewed to us, (2) according to his brothers Luke is pretty intense and it's easy to project that into a good work ethic that will allow him to expand his game, and (3) he has two successful brothers that both adapted their games and improved AFTER they made the NHL which is not easy.

I don't think he will ever be as balanced a defender as Heiskanen but to my eyes he can be an excellent offensive and transitional defender and with coaching and experience and weight training there is no reason he cannot be at least solid defensively. That's a fantastic player in today's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad