Prospect Info: Luke Hughes - part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rydev

Jan 14, 2022
No. He would have already gone pro or entered the transfer portal.
I see. Does the transfer portal have a deadline? Otherwise why couldn't Luke take a wait and see approach?

Not trying to advocate for Luke not staying, I think hes enjoying himself at Michigan. Was just wanting to know what made you so certain

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
I see. Does the transfer portal have a deadline? Otherwise why couldn't Luke take a wait and see approach?

Not trying to advocate for Luke not staying, I think hes enjoying himself at Michigan. Was just wanting to know what made you so certain
In order to take advantage of the transfer, players must announce their intentions by May 1 each year. For this year, that is being extended to July 1. The May 1 deadline will have an exception if a team switches head coaches.

I would think Luke would be more interested in transferring if Pearson stays than if he leaves, but that's just me.

Reactions: Rydev

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Nice, that'll give me an excuse to watch the tournament. Funny seeing Ben Meyers on there. Since he signed with Colorado after the trade deadline, he was ineligible for the playoffs. I would have thought they'd rather have him practice with the team and watch from the press box.

Reactions: Guttersniped

NJDfan86

Dec 29, 2021
Are you surprised? Power wasn't anything special imo.

I think that it is more likely that they are honoring Hughes for being there all season - Power going to the Olympics is obviously what is best for this career but he did leave his current team hanging a bit.

I wouldn’t read too much into it - not bad that Luke is a standout on a stacked team Obviously.

Reactions: Darkauron
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad