Status
Not open for further replies.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
MIC0-3Eric CiccoliniJimmy Lambert / Jacob Truscott19:12
MIC0-4Jimmy LambertLuke Hughes / Jacob Truscott19:12
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Still waiting for the correct official scoring. Only one of those is right and it may end up being Ciccolini from Lambert and Hughes.

Reactions: GameSeven

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
MIC0-3Eric CiccoliniJimmy Lambert / Jacob Truscott19:12
MIC0-4Jimmy LambertLuke Hughes / Jacob Truscott19:12
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Still waiting for the correct official scoring. Only one of those is right and it may end up being Ciccolini from Lambert and Hughes.
Given the point totals in the box score, it looks like they are tallying the second stat line and not the first, so hoping it's Luke's first point.

Also, the site I was referring to said four goals at the end of two when it's really six.

So Michigan rolling in this one as you might expect.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I like this because it seems safe say that the foot laceration has had no long term effects based on those comment?
If I remember correctly, I thought you said you'd get the Big10 streaming to watch Luke, if that's the case and you're watching tonight, how does he look so far?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
If I remember correctly, I thought you said you'd get the Big10 streaming to watch Luke, if that's the case and you're watching tonight, how does he look so far?
I didn't get Big 10 streaming yet. The whole Comcast/MSG thing threw me. So I am reconsidering what I am going to do for my service.

Last edited:
Reactions: Devs3cups

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Is that Kent Johnson?
Good call:

Johnson-2252.jpg

Reactions: Clam Jensen

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I don't think I would've drafted Power #1 overall. He strikes me as someone who is solid and will be very good but with not a big enough upside to have gone #1. You never know how someone is going to progress but that's just my impression of him.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
I don't think I would've drafted Power #1 overall. He strikes me as someone who is solid and will be very good but with not a big enough upside to have gone #1. You never know how someone is going to progress but that's just my impression of him.
I thought he was bigger, like more muscled and compacted, kinda shocked how lanky he is. This is really the first look at him outside his uniform for me, maybe his name gave me the wrong impression lol.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
If Shak pans out as well as Luke, we’ll be back in our glory days sooner than later. Much excite!
shak isn't the stevens type. okhotyuk could be a stevens type player. not sure if he is talented enough offensively tough.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

I feel a little bit bad for Power since going #1 comes with higher expectations. If he had been a few months older, he'd probably have gone #3 or #4 in the 2020 Draft and he wouldn't be under the same microscope. Sorta reminds me of Aaron Ekblad's draft year, nobody thought he was a perennial Norris guy to the point where Florida GM Dale Tallon explored trading the pick (apparently ownership didn't approve). It's easy to say now that Leon Draisaitl should have gone first but lots of people were thinking Sam Reinhart or Sam Bennett had higher upside than Ekblad at the time. I still enjoy my beer league teammate / Flames fan telling me how Bennett was by far the best prospect in that draft.

Matty Beniers is a guy everybody would like to have but probably profiles more like a Bo Horvat / Ryan O'Reilly than a typical #1C. I think San Jose said they had Beniers ranked over Power for what it's worth. William Eklund and Kent Johnson have tantalizing skill but we'll see how they pan out. Hopefully Luke puts himself in that conversation over the next couple of years, we might have lucked out with him being injured for the U18s. Mason McTavish had a big tournament to vault himself to where he went.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY

Power was the right pick in my mind at #1. Hughes and Clarke might have a bit more upside, but Power has quite a bit of upside on his own as a 50+ point D who is a beast in his own zone and a match-up impossibility, while offering the highest floor of all 2021 draft-eligible D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad