Prospect Info: Luke Hughes (#4 overall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
After older brothers Jack Hughes (1st), and Quinn Hughes (7th), were top 10 picks in the NHL Draft; younger brother Luke Hughes is looking to extend the family dynasty in 2021. The 17-year-old spent the season with the US National Team Development Program, putting up six goals and 28 assists for 34 points in 38 games. He was headed to the Under-18 World Championships, but a late season injury will keep him out of the tourney. Last season, Hughes put up seven goals and 21 assists for 28 points in 41 games with the Under-17s. He also added a goal and three assists in six games at the Under-17 World Hockey Challenge.

Like his brother Quinn, Luke Hughes is committed to playing for the Michigan Wolverines next season. Should he change his mind and opt to go the CHL route, his rights are owned by the Saginaw Spirit. They took a flyer on him with a 14th round pick, 281st overall in the 2019 OHL Priority Draft. Hughes is one of the younger players in this draft, as if he were born just six days later, he would be eligible for the 2022 NHL Draft.

Luke Hughes Scouting Report

2021 NHL Draft #5: Luke Hughes Scouting Report - LWOS

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
torreto.jpg

Japam

I love Matt Loughlin.
May 21, 2012
nj
I wasn't planning on getting vaccinated. But now that the Devils drafted Hughes I might do it just to go to a game and cough all over everyone!

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
I wasn't planning on getting vaccinated. But now that the Devils drafted Hughes I might do it just to go to a game and cough all over everyone!
Is that a rule, I know at citi field you don't have to prove anything...
Shouldn't be a rule.. your body,your choice... kinda like the skate at your own risk signs at rinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad