Prospect Info: Luke Evangelista #42 Overall Pick

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
That or they realized having a top prospect sitting around with his thumb up his butt was no bueno
This is true also. I was more commenting that the organization has realized that the likes of Tolvanen, Trenin, Olivier, Carrier and possibly Davies won't be back in the A so it was finally time to be able to bring in another prospect that you don't have to worry about promising him a spot only to sit him in the pressbox, or worse, cutting him from the team to make room for the players being sent back down.

Reactions: PredsV82

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Why didn't he make your Preds team?
-surely he is better what; Trenin and Grimaldi,

Playing in the wrong league this season
100% pro player.

1.25 (1.90 ppg) goals per game avg and over 5.00 shots per game avg this season in the OHL...
His onehanded backhand breakaway tally , while shorthanded was a beauty, nothing wrong with his second goal snipe either
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA

100% pro player.

1.25 (1.90 ppg) goals per game avg and over 5.00 shots per game avg this season in the OHL...
His onehanded backhand breakaway tally , while shorthanded was a beauty, nothing wrong with his second goal snipe either
He'll get his shot as soon as next season (or as a Black Ace if we happen to make the playoffs). It's probably better for him to do what he is doing in playing big minutes for London than scraping 4th line/press box minutes. We also already have a lot of inexperience up front this season with Tolvanen, Tomasino, Jeannot, Trenin, Novak, and Glass (with Afanasayev in Milwaukee also pushing for a shot in the lineup).

Grimaldi hasn't even really played--better him than one of the kids for that role. Trenin is an important part of one of our most effective lines alongside Sissons and Jeannot.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
He'll get his shot as soon as next season (or as a Black Ace if we happen to make the playoffs). It's probably better for him to do what he is doing in playing big minutes for London than scraping 4th line/press box minutes. We also already have a lot of inexperience up front this season with Tolvanen, Tomasino, Jeannot, Trenin, Novak, and Glass (with Afanasayev in Milwaukee also pushing for a shot in the lineup).

Grimaldi hasn't even really played--better him than one of the kids for that role. Trenin is an important part of one of our most effective lines alongside Sissons and Jeannot.

Thanks from the info. Wish they could loan him to a pro league team thou.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Thanks from the info. Wish they could loan him to a pro league team thou.

Yeah I think the COVID situation which allowed Tomasino to play in the AHL shows just how ridiculous the CHL rule with junior players is. If a kid is ready to play with men at 19 they should be able to.

That said he wouldnt have beat out Afanasayev or Novak, regardless

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty

100% pro player.

Completely disagree. He's a nice prospect in the OHL. He is not close to being a pro player. He disappeared in our rookie camp and wasn't even ready for a longer look. It's good to be excited about him, but we need to keep a realistic approach on where he is.

He needs to develop his body to compete with pro players. Comparing to Trenin is ironic because that's the type of player who would figuratively roll him into a ball and toss him out of the rink in a puck battle.

It's fun to watch kids develop, so let's give him his chance to develop before we start heaping on expectations.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017

100% pro player.

Are you insane?

Plenty of junior players put up those kinds of numbers and never come close to the NHL. He is not remotely close to Grimaldi nor especially Trenin at this point. That is just laughable.

That said, great for Evangelista to be off to a good start in the OHL. It is 100% where he should be right now. Hopefully he has a great year there, then a couple good ones in Milwaukee, and maybe emerges onto our team in a few years. That would be awesome.

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
Are you insane?

Plenty of junior players put up those kinds of numbers and never come close to the NHL. He is not remotely close to Grimaldi nor especially Trenin at this point. That is just laughable.

That said, great for Evangelista to be off to a good start in the OHL. It is 100% where he should be right now. Hopefully he has a great year there, then a couple good ones in Milwaukee, and maybe emerges onto our team in a few years. That would be awesome.
Good performance so far. Encouraging. But recall, this is the OHL where everybody scores. At year end somebody may have 100 goals and 200 points and if a really good prospect doesn’t score 40 or 50 goals then their stock falls. I exaggerate, of course, but big, big numbers are common. I hope he continues to put up these type numbers and gets to the NHL soon.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Askarov, Svechkov, Olsson, Knak, and... maybe Evangelista... not bad. We'll have to be cheering for Russia anyway.
:handclap:

Evangelista
18 GP
20 G (1.11 G/GP)
13A (0.72 A/GP)

L’Heuruex
15 GP
8 G (0.53 G/GP)
16 A (1.07 A/GP)

they must want the goals more than the assists since they’re overall very close in points per game or they don’t want the other drama L’Heuruex can bring

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Evangelista
18 GP
20 G (1.11 G/GP)
13A (0.72 A/GP)

L’Heuruex
15 GP
8 G (0.53 G/GP)
16 A (1.07 A/GP)

they must want the goals more than the assists since they’re overall very close in points per game or they don’t want the other drama L’Heuruex can bring
Yeah, I think L'Heureux is looked at more as a passenger on that line anyway, with Desnoyers and Dumais really carrying the offensive load, and they want to avoid any discipline issues? Plus they already have a pretty large quota of Q players already in the camp. I would never have expected L'Heureux to get an invite. Maybe next year if he keeps improving.
:dunno:

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Yeah, I think L'Heureux is looked at more as a passenger on that line anyway, with Desnoyers and Dumais really carrying the offensive load, and they want to avoid any discipline issues? Plus they already have a pretty large quota of Q players already in the camp. I would never have expected L'Heureux to get an invite. Maybe next year if he keeps improving.
:dunno:

I think it was Wheeler who said that L'Heureux was Canada's best player at the Camp in Calgary in August, and therefore people are surprised he wasn't invited.

I assume it's because of the drama factor.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
He seems like a bit of a knucklehead on the ice to this point. Luckily he's got time to mature before we need to be concerned.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I think it was Wheeler who said that L'Heureux was Canada's best player at the Camp in Calgary in August, and therefore people are surprised he wasn't invited.

I assume it's because of the drama factor.
Oh right, I forgot about that summer camp where he did so well. Anyhow, time is on his side. Our side.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Disappointing, but unsurprising given how strong Team Canada is once again.

Here's what Wheeler had to say about him:

Näyttökuva 2021-12-13 125843.png

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
So they have a lack of firepower and then cut a guy that looked good offensivcly. If Canada gets bumped because of a lack of offense someone is gonna catch some heat and be questioning some decisions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad