Player Discussion Lukas Dostal

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
More like Juuse Saros

That's a name that sprung to my mind as well. Although, I haven't seen enough of him to really see if it was a good comparison.

Hopefully he can get some playing time if Gibson is out for the next little while here.

Reactions: bsu

branmuffin17

Sep 10, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
I'm hoping Dostal is as legit as he seems to be, and that we're moving toward him sooner than later. Gibby can be a stud and maybe I'm crazy but I've never been fully confident in him.

Reactions: bsu

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
It’s kind of lame because he’s obviously (and rightfully) the flavor of the year, but I feel Shesterkin is a decent stylistic comparable, from the admittedly limited sample of viewings I’ve had on Dostal.

Reactions: Exit Dose

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
DCD57E10-0E0B-41A7-A7A4-13F3B066817D.jpeg

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Any thoughts on this kid possibly getting more starts?
I imagine it’s a 1a/1b situation, so unless gibson s gets injured or something I doubt it.

This is a developmental season across the board for the team… don’t think they’ll give dostal the net until next season

Personally , send Gibson to the moon! Dostal goat

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Any thoughts on this kid possibly getting more starts?
The defense is SIGNIFICANTLY better than last season (I mean, we could be the 30th best defense and it would be a huge improvement). I think Dostal will get more starts than last year, but they'll want Gibson getting at least as many or more. Gibby having a good season would increase his trade value, while Dostal having more starts shows us he's ready. Ideally, both goalies put up strong seasons and there is a market for Gibson in the offseason if the plan is to move on from him.

slippingsloth

Jul 18, 2022
I imagine it’s a 1a/1b situation, so unless gibson s gets injured or something I doubt it.

This is a developmental season across the board for the team… don’t think they’ll give dostal the net until next season

Personally , send Gibson to the moon! Dostal goat
Nothing against gibson but the fastest way for that to happen is gibson consistently doing 915+ save pct. At which point goalie hungry teams will consider his contract.

Dostal and gibby 1a/b makes most sense to me this season and if someone gives you an offer you cant refuse, then ans only then you send gibby. Otherwise stand pat or we may end up with campbells contract coming back in exchange for gibson. And god knows we dont want that

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Wow! I've been tracking Dostal for a long minute and thought he had graduated from rookie status. Totally slipped my mind he's considered a rookie this year! I gotta update my prospect tables.

We have a lot of good rookies and it appears we might have two burgeoning to want to be Calder finalists in Minchy and Dostal, or as youtuber Duck My Life would say, "Dost-Wall".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad