Value of: Lucic

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Lucic hasn't been bad for the Oilers . However I would like to move him because cap is tight for the Oilers and we need more speed in the line up .

Because of the position we are in we can not retain cap but can take a contract back .

Doesn't any team need a big body that will protect their young kids .

Some deals that would be of interest

Lucic for Phaneuf

Lucic to Montreal . Montreal offer more in UFA then Edmonton apparently .

Hoping fans will be civil and not bash Lucic or the Oilers . If he isn't a fit I can understand that and appreciate it

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Oilers are keeping Lucic. No interest in returning to the old skinny kid on the block mentality.

I don't think the original poster even knows what position the Oilers are in.

Reactions: ManofSteel55

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
only in to year 2 of 7 for a guy in a position notorious for dropping off at a young age about to turn 30 making 6 million a year.

I think you would be hard pressed to find takers let alone find any value.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
What would Oilers offer for Pacioretty? Lucic ++ ???

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Oilers are keeping Lucic. No interest in returning to the old skinny kid on the block mentality.

Actually it seems more like you don't. The Oilers are in Cap hell and will be hard pressed to improve without moving either Lucic or Russell. If you fail to make some space you have to sign about 11 players for 19 mil 7 of which are RFA's.

Min offers for RFA's

Strome 2,750,000
Slepy 1,017,500
Caggi 1,017,500
Pakarinin 797,500
Davidson 1,567,500
Benning 1,017,500

Total: 8,167,500

You may have noticed Nurse is missing. What does he cost? You've got 11 mil to sign Nurse and 4 more players assuming everyone of your RFA's accepts just a 10% raise. Let's be nice and call Nurse 4mil? so 7 mil for 4 guys in a dream world. Something has to give. How do the Oilers upgrade anywhere?

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
Without retention (a lot) I doubt you’ll have any teams willing to give anything, or even take him for free.

Maybe if term and dollars match up with another bad contract (Ladd? Eriksson?) you could find a partner but doesn’t really alleviate much cap space. Likely stuck with that one.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006

Are you under the impression that other teams consider the Oilers a tough team?

Reactions: Ararana

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
The Oilers are going to let Maroon walk to shore up the speed factor. Chiarelli loves Lucic, there is no way he would be actively shopping him even without the NTC. He still brings a valuable element to the team that we would need to find elsewhere if we traded him.

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
Are you under the impression that other teams consider the Oilers a tough team?

are you under the impression that the Oilers aren't a tough team? Cause if that's what you think you haven't watched a hell of a lot of them recently. Used to be that the way to beat the Oilers was to lean on them a little bit and they couldn't do anything. Teams tried that last year and lost a lot of games cause the Oilers are now capable of pushing back with anyone. So teams changed, now they beat the Oilers with speed. Lucic was a big part of taking a team of cream puffs and making them much much harder to play against and anyone that can't see that isn't really looking.

Lucic is fine for the Oilers, he brings something they still need, the problem is a lot of the other wingers are a bad mix to go with that.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
He has a full NMC and probably negative trade value even if he were willing to waive it.

We're stuck with this one.
Why would he be negative value. He’s got 30 points in 51 games and he’s tough as nails. May be over paid by a million/million and a half.

FightingIrish17

Jun 13, 2013
As tough as it would be to trade him, I don't think it's impossible. He's still a productive player, on pace for 50 ish points again. The problem with the contract is the years not dollars. I'm sure there are teams who would love to have the player - contract aside - on their team. My guess is that the NHL finally adopts the NBA style of using draft picks as bait for moving a bad contract. Lucic + 2nd for expiring bad contract + late pick.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Why would he be negative value. He’s got 30 points in 51 games and he’s tough as nails. May be over paid by a million/million and a half.

Negative value because of his age, 29, contract length, 5 years left, and contract price. Prime Lucic was a amazing but his body has a lot of miles on it and players who play that tough style of hockey usually dont last to far into their 30s

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Negative value because of his age, 29, contract length, 5 years left, and contract price. Prime Lucic was a amazing but his body has a lot of miles on it and players who play that tough style of hockey usually dont last to far into their 30s
Only armchair GM's would think Lucic has negative value. Not that it matters, he's got a NTC and I can't see Chiarelli asking him to waive it.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Vegas could use a big body and experience for the playoffs.
They have tons of cap space for years to come.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Well, what's the offer? Keep in mind that Oilers management don't consider him a dump so they would want a decent NHL body back for him.

I'm not sure. Vegas has extra defensemen. How about an experienced right hand shot and a 2nd round pick in 2019

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Only armchair GM's would think Lucic has negative value. Not that it matters, he's got a NTC and I can't see Chiarelli asking him to waive it.

your'e right, he doesnt have negative value but if a team is trading for him either Edmonton will need to retain or another cap dump contract is coming back. and as you said he has a full NMC (Chiarelli has a fetish for those). Tough contract to move

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00