Value of: Lucic

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Actually it seems more like you don't. The Oilers are in Cap hell and will be hard pressed to improve without moving either Lucic or Russell. If you fail to make some space you have to sign about 11 players for 19 mil 7 of which are RFA's.

Min offers for RFA's

Strome 2,750,000
Slepy 1,017,500
Caggi 1,017,500
Pakarinin 797,500
Davidson 1,567,500
Benning 1,017,500

Total: 8,167,500

You may have noticed Nurse is missing. What does he cost? You've got 11 mil to sign Nurse and 4 more players assuming everyone of your RFA's accepts just a 10% raise. Let's be nice and call Nurse 4mil? so 7 mil for 4 guys in a dream world. Something has to give. How do the Oilers upgrade anywhere?

Cap is going up and will continue to go up once Seattle ponies up for the expansion fee.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Yeah they'd offer some pieces on top. But I don't know what you're expecting.

It wouldn't include Puljujarvi or the 2018 1st.

Probably Yamamoto and/or the 2019 1st

Oilers won't be trading any more 1st or 2nd round picks

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Many teams would love to have overpaid by 1-1.5m for the output Lucic gives (Look at Price and Montreal and other contracts in comparison). The only anchors are in the minds of overreacting Oilers fans.
Let me know how you feel about that in 2020.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Negative value because of his age, 29, contract length, 5 years left, and contract price. Prime Lucic was a amazing but his body has a lot of miles on it and players who play that tough style of hockey usually dont last to far into their 30s

Go try and sign a UFA power forward that puts up 50 points . Doubt you get it done for 6 million

Reactions: shortfuze

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Good thing we don't need to or want to move him. If we dump Lucic then our most experienced NHL LW is Iiro Pakarinen, and the most skilled is Drake Cagguila. Does nothing to help our depth issues at all.

We only move Lucic to fill a need and resign Maroon to a cheaper then Lucic deal 4X4

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Lucic hasn't been bad for the Oilers . However I would like to move him because cap is tight for the Oilers and we need more speed in the line up .

Because of the position we are in we can not retain cap but can take a contract back .

Doesn't any team need a big body that will protect their young kids .

Some deals that would be of interest

Lucic for Phaneuf

Lucic to Montreal . Montreal offer more in UFA then Edmonton apparently .

Hoping fans will be civil and not bash Lucic or the Oilers . If he isn't a fit I can understand that and appreciate it
Forget it. Habs wouldn't take him for free.Christ if he can only get 50 pts playing with McDavid how many pts do you think he gets on the Habs. 15?

Last edited:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Lucic hasn't been bad for the Oilers . However I would like to move him because cap is tight for the Oilers and we need more speed in the line up .

Because of the position we are in we can not retain cap but can take a contract back .

Doesn't any team need a big body that will protect their young kids .

Some deals that would be of interest

Lucic for Phaneuf

Lucic to Montreal . Montreal offer more in UFA then Edmonton apparently .

Hoping fans will be civil and not bash Lucic or the Oilers . If he isn't a fit I can understand that and appreciate it
A lot of term left for a guy already in decline. Not saying he is done. More like like Warren Buffett would say....there is still a puff or two left in the cigarette butt....in the end though, still a cigarette butt.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Forget it. Habs wouldn't take him for free.Christ if he can only get 50 pts playing with McDavid how many pts do you think he gets on the Habs. 15?
Not sure if you’re being sarcastic but go and look at his stats. He has been a 50-60 point pkayer for quite a few years now.

Reactions: TrentonF

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Unfortunately, he's an Oiler for life.
You might be able to move him if you take back an equally grotesque contract but at that point, it would probably just be a lateral move.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
That contract is terrible, shame too because Lucic is a good player but given that contract the Oilers will have a difficult time in trading him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00