Lucic will have likely have hearing for hit on Joseph (upd: fined $10,000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
You’re not wrong. Seems Lucic may have not been so out of line. When did each of Joseph’s hits happen. I’d like to go find them in NHLtv.

The Russell hit was fairly shortly before Lucic got to him. I believe the Yamamoto one was in the 2nd. Paquette caught Klefbom in the numbers earlier in the night as well.

Reactions: dukeofjive

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
You do understand that Joseph was seen laughing and giggling on the bench not two minutes later?

If Lucic intended to hurt Joseph, Joseph would have needed extensive dental work and possibly a blood transfusion today. It’s that simple. In a very real way these players hold each other’s lives in their hands and Lucic was very careful to not injure Joseph - a lot more careful than Joseph was when he recklessly boarded two Oilers in vulnerable positions.

‘Oh won’t somebody think of the children!’ hand wringing at its finest. I wish this site had reddit style downvotes.

Oh, good. You guys hear this? We are actually lucky that we didn’t have the wrath of Lucic. We should be grateful. Thank you merciful Lucic.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
That was so egregious that I feel anything less than the book being thrown at him is too little. That had zero to do with any of the play. It was just straight up assault.

Rejoice, Oilers fans. This might be enough to void his contract.

Jospeh was not hurt on the play. Lucic barely even punched him. Just gave him shoves once on the ice.

This sucker punch to an unsuspecting Formenton landed him on IR for 2 weeks, and there was no call or suspension:

No consistency from this league whatsoever.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Punching a guy in the head while he's laying on the ice is a pretty big no no.
If he actually Lucic punched him, the guy would be in a coma right now. He clearly could have damaged the guy but consciously chose not to

Reactions: dukeofjive

MetM

Nov 29, 2009
I don't know, doesn't seem that bad.
4 mins for roughing maybe?

LeafLoyalist

Oct 13, 2015
You do understand that Joseph was seen laughing and giggling on the bench not two minutes later?

If Lucic intended to hurt Joseph, Joseph would have needed extensive dental work and possibly a blood transfusion today. It’s that simple. In a very real way these players hold each other’s lives in their hands and Lucic was very careful to not injure Joseph - a lot more careful than Joseph was when he recklessly boarded two Oilers in vulnerable positions.

‘Oh won’t somebody think of the children!’ hand wringing at its finest. I wish this site had reddit style downvotes.

Joseph laughing on the bench 2 minutes later is suggesting what??? After what action are you referring to, the Russell hit or Lucic ATTACK?

Your suggesting that Lucic had NO INTENTION of hurting Joseph....when you blind side a player, and smash their head on the ice numerous times, it all paints a picture of INTENT TO HURT!! Fortunately for JOSEPH, he didnt get injured, but their was a very good chance he could have. This action is what they are trying to remove from the game. So Joseph was recklessly hitting players who never had the puck, is that your suggestion? Russel had the puck and ended up in a vulnerable position, Joseph DESERVED a penalty, and if it bothered the Oilers so much he should have been dealt with right away...FACE TO FACE!!!!

Thinking of the children, it suggests you don't have kids! You wouldn't understand.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Not sure how you could think that... lucic tapped him up ice and was barking at him the whole way...

It looks like he is focused on the play not on Lucic. While I see the point that Lucic is chirping at you and you should expect a play like that from Lucic but the kid honestly looks like he could care less what Lucic is saying and is focused on the game. I cant say for sure but if Im right its a blindside. No other way around it.

Reactions: TheUnusedCrayon

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
It looks like he is focused on the play not on Lucic. While I see the point that Lucic is chirping at you and you should expect a play like that from Lucic but the kid honestly looks like he could care less what Lucic is saying and is focused on the game. I cant say for sure but if Im right its a blindside. No other way around it.
So you're saying that he did care what Lucic was saying?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Joseph laughing on the bench 2 minutes later is suggesting what??? After what action are you referring to, the Russell hit or Lucic ATTACK?

Your suggesting that Lucic had NO INTENTION of hurting Joseph....when you blind side a player, and smash their head on the ice numerous times, it all paints a picture of INTENT TO HURT!! Fortunately for JOSEPH, he didnt get injured, but their was a very good chance he could have. This action is what they are trying to remove from the game. So Joseph was recklessly hitting players who never had the puck, is that your suggestion? Russel had the puck and ended up in a vulnerable position, Joseph DESERVED a penalty, and if it bothered the Oilers so much he should have been dealt with right away...FACE TO FACE!!!!

Thinking of the children, it suggests you don't have kids! You wouldn't understand.

Lucic tried. Joseph became very interested in the pattern on his skate laces instead.

If every hit can cause catastrophic injury, better just make the league noncontact and get it over with.

Unless you’re Joseph’s mother, this response of yours seems more than a little extreme. He didn’t even miss a shift.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Jospeh was not hurt on the play. Lucic barely even punched him. Just gave him shoves once on the ice.

This sucker punch to an unsuspecting Formenton landed him on IR for 2 weeks, and there was no call or suspension:

No name players with no history.

Doesn't count.

NHL logic.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
I think he should get the same as Tommy Wilson. I'm a fan of Wilson since juniors and sucks he catches guys in the wrong spot, but Lucic has been doing this for years. Running goalies, spearing guys in the nuts, etc. But to me, if you track someone like that, you deserve a big boy suspension. You have to send a message that you don't want that crap in the league anymore. Only way to do that is to make guys sit out a while, without pay for this crap. Make him donate all the wages he would lose to a charity or something. Tired of inconsistent rulings based on previous record/injury/etc. This is more premeditated than the hit by Wilson that got him 20 games.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Oh, good. You guys hear this? We are actually lucky that we didn’t have the wrath of Lucic. We should be grateful. Thank you merciful Lucic.

Naturally you wouldn’t understand. A cursory glance at YouTube shows quite the laundry list of scummy hits from behind from Lightning players. I know you’re not used to being held accountable for them, but that’s not how Western teams work.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
I’m shocked it took someone this long to make this stupid comment.
Start making sense without being a blatant snowflake and maybe people will take you seriously as hockey fans.

What happened has been happening in the league for decades, the difference is the player had the sense enough to let up. Learn the game or go back to your beach.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Playing with more fire would help justify his contract as opposed to the tranquil teddy bear he was last season. He gave Joseph a chance to man up and account for his actions, he declined. Anyone spouting ‘HURR BURR DURR HE COULDA HURT HIM THIS IS JUST LIKE BERTUZZI’ style ridiculousness has absolutely no idea what they’re talking about. Lucic was very careful not to fall on him or injure him. Joseph was in more danger of getting hurt falling off the bench during his giggle fit - clearly he was in immense pain.

Zero issue with this. Message sent that you can’t run around boarding our guys without consequence (even if the officials refused to call it, twice) and if he gets a game or two, we’d get to see what a third line without two boat anchors on it looks like. Win win.

:laugh: The funny thing is you actually believe this.....he literally mounted the guy, only thing I'll give credit for was not throwing punches from that position because that impact plus a guy's head hitting the ice would have disastrous.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Hunting him down is what will probably get Lucic a game or two, you’re right if he’d happened to be on the ice when the hit happened this all blows over... but Joseph decided he didn’t want to answer the bell. The old school guys don’t like or appreciate that. I would actually imagine a vet or two in the Tampa room will pull him aside and chat with him over the next couple of days.

Honestly, I think it's the sucker punch that's going to get him the game. Parros' DOPS has made it clear they consider sucker punches a suspend able event. As an old school enforcer he's very much face to face, drop the gloves and go. Considers punching a defenseless player cowardly.

I think if Lucic tracks him all over the ice, destroys him with the same hit and just stands over him, he gets his 2 minute - 5 minute interference penalty, and it's the end of it.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Naturally you wouldn’t understand. A cursory glance at YouTube shows quite the laundry list of scummy hits from behind from Lightning players. I know you’re not used to being held accountable for them, but that’s not how Western teams work.

A cursory glance at YouTube shows quite the laundry list of scummy hits from behind by every teams' players.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I think he should get the same as Tommy Wilson. I'm a fan of Wilson since juniors and sucks he catches guys in the wrong spot, but Lucic has been doing this for years. Running goalies, spearing guys in the nuts, etc. But to me, if you track someone like that, you deserve a big boy suspension. You have to send a message that you don't want that crap in the league anymore. Only way to do that is to make guys sit out a while, without pay for this crap. Make him donate all the wages he would lose to a charity or something. Tired of inconsistent rulings based on previous record/injury/etc. This is more premeditated than the hit by Wilson that got him 20 games.

The last time Lucic was suspended was 2016 and he’s never been suspended for more than one game.

Not like he’s ever kicked a player with his skates when he was grumpy his team was losing... or are Tampa fans memories short to the point that they forget Kucherov kicking Connolly? Or hitting Vatanen in the head? Good hockey plays, those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad