Proposal: lucic to detroit with futures

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Three years at $5.2M? Toronto paid a 1st to get rid of one year of Marleau at $6M in a more favorable cap situation, so you'd figure it at least cost two lottery protected 1sts.

And unless Calgary thinks his cap hit is holding them back from contention it's not worth it. Just bite your lip and wait until you pass that kidney stone.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Meh it would be nice to get rid of the Lucic contract but he’s still effective in his own way. I don’t mind him on the 4th line. We aren’t really in desperate need of cap space. Everyone is signed long term except Dube

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Teams are playing each other way too many times this season. There should be more intensity and potential situations like last year (Oilers/Flames). Flames would be absolutely stupid to trade away Lucic.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Meh it would be nice to get rid of the Lucic contract but he’s still effective in his own way. I don’t mind him on the 4th line. We aren’t really in desperate need of cap space. Everyone is signed long term except Dube

If you get rid of that hit, it opens up changes used to compete.

Just my opinion.

Reactions: go4hockey

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Teams are playing each other way too many times this season. There should be more intensity and potential situations like last year (Oilers/Flames). Flames would be absolutely stupid to trade away Lucic.

No they wouldn’t. Getting rid of his contract would be very wise.

Reactions: axlrose87

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
If you get rid of that hit, it opens up changes used to compete.

Just my opinion.

but where do the Flames have a hole? Derek Ryan is likely already on the 4th line and Valimaki or Hanifin will be playing on the third pair. Guys like Dube and Mangiapane need more opportunity, not less.

Rittich is a top 5 backup imo. Markstrom?

Lucic is effective 5 on 5. It’s not pretty but he’s effective in his own way and the advanced stats back it up. No need to move the contract at this point

Last edited:

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
way i was thinking was that if flames could move luke for pix they could use the space to add a scoring forward to boost their attack . more scoring and a better goalie maybe they can make it through a couple rounds

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
way i was thinking was that if flames could move luke for pix they could use the space to add a scoring forward to boost their attack . more scoring and a better goalie maybe they can make it through a couple rounds

If you're willing to pay picks for Lucic? I'll take a 7th in 2024 and you can have Lucic with ease, if you're looking for us to give up picks with Lucic for nothing, im pretty sure we're fine keeping him, because at least he does something for us either than Fake Deal Neal.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
What? I was thinking Kylington + Lucic for futures. Calgary could retain on salary too.
Probably too unproven, but what do we know, we're just keyboard GM's.

I think it starts with Hanifin for DET. + whatever else is negotiated. HM to Monahan, though I understand his speed isn't great.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
They just got a better goalie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad