Proposal: lucic to detroit with futures

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Would be silly to let any D futures go. Geo is getting/is already old and they will regret losing their young D core.

Hanifin is still 23. He IS our future D. Kylington has other prospects nipping at his heels. Calgary needs to upgrade their top 6 right side.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Meh it would be nice to get rid of the Lucic contract but he’s still effective in his own way. I don’t mind him on the 4th line. We aren’t really in desperate need of cap space. Everyone is signed long term except Dube

I actually still like Lucic but he's more of a 3 million dollar player now.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Only thing Calgary needs is an upgrade at 1C and a replacement for Gio as he ages.

Trading Lucic doesn't help that. It hurts that. We need every draft pick we can get. Dube, Valimaki, Vary, Pelletier. I've loved how Brad has been drafting. Giving away a first to get rid of Lucic makes no sense. We don't need cap space for 2 years anyhow. Our team is locked in for 2 years.

If we need the cap space that badly in three years we can look at trading Lucic then. Otherwise losing a potential Zary, Pelletier, or Dube for a bit of cap space for two years hurts the team. We finally have some good young guys coming up, rely on them.

We have a 5 or 6 year window. We need to find a couple first line/pairing guys through the draft to succeed.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Lol. No.
No need, Lucic found a nice little niche in YYC. He’s an effective player that most people don’t watch so wouldn’t understand.

he’s overpaid, but not worth dumping futures for.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Three years at $5.2M? Toronto paid a 1st to get rid of one year of Marleau at $6M in a more favorable cap situation, so you'd figure it at least cost two lottery protected 1sts.

And unless Calgary thinks his cap hit is holding them back from contention it's not worth it. Just bite your lip and wait until you pass that kidney stone.

So nice seeing Calgary trying to move Lucic. At least Neal will get some goals on the power play

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Thanks for the advice. It was a beautiful day to do so, 70 degrees Farenheit, blue skies, 7-9mph winds WSW. Life is good in Florida. How's your weather?

Florida population: 22M
Covid Cases: 1.2M
Covid Deaths: 20.8K

Alberta population: 4.3M
Covid Cases: 93.8K
Covid Deaths: 890

Weather has never been better here thanks for asking!

Last edited:
Reactions: MessierII

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Trading for someone with no future for someone with a possible future makes no sense.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Zero chance Lucic waives to Detroit. If we cough up futures, in order to move Lucic, it'll be to Seattle.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Florida population: 22M
Covid Cases: 1.2M
Covid Deaths: 20.8K

Alberta population: 4.3M
Covid Cases: 93.8K
Covid Deaths: 890

Weather has never been better here thanks for asking!
What? Covid in the States is nasty, that’s a given. But the weather in Florida being better than Edmonton (especially in winter) is also a given. The Covid pandemic will be over before next winter. How long before the winter weather in Edmonton becomes better than the winter weather in Florida? What’s that Edmonton saying? “I’d rather be a snowbird than a snowman”?
I think one of the big reasons why a lot of NHL players choose those southern US cities over our Canadian cities because of the weather, no?

Reactions: TFHockey

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
Calgary can move him pretty easily in the final year of his contract after his signing bonus has been paid. It doesn't look like they need the cap space earlier than that.

Reactions: blankall

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Calgary can move him pretty easily in the final year of his contract after his signing bonus has been paid. It doesn't look like they need the cap space earlier than that.
Didn’t Milan play well in the playoff bubble? I thought he did. The Flames are going to give Toronto a run for that Conference Final playoff spot, and Lucic could be important in that.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Didn’t Milan play well in the playoff bubble? I thought he did. The Flames are going to give Toronto a run for that Conference Final playoff spot, and Lucic could be important in that.

Couple moronic penalties but ya, our 3rd line of Dube - Bennett - Lucic was a bright spot for us.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
That depends who you’re talking to.
I’m from southern Alberta. I truly believe it’s beautiful there in all seasons. But I do accept my opinion about the Alberta winter weather is the exception. The vast majority of people would prefer Florida’s winters. I think that belief extends to most UFA hockey players too, and especially their wives.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00