Proposal: Lucic++ for a Top-6 LW

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Because they're trapped in an abomination of a deal with no escape in sight? I have to agree though, that theres no way a blue chip like Yamo goes out with that much retention involved - one or the other.

We’d play Lucic on the fourth line for the next four seasons and then sign him AGAIN to 6x6 after that before we’ll retain 30% AND give up a first and Yamamoto AND get nothing of consequence back.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
This is what I’m talking about.

You want retention and two high end assets and want to send garbage back. Why does Edmonton do any part of this?
Edmonton is the desperate team here wanting out of that contract so they can compete NOW. Baertchi is a far better 1LW or even 2LW for Edmonton then Lucic on a MUCH better contract. He would easy breasy get 60-70 pts with either Mcdavid or Draisatl.

Gudbranson gives some bite to a weak and easily destroyed defensive group in Edmonton.

If Edmonton can manage to get back on track that 2019 1st would be on the lower end so the balance is quite easily there pal

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
We’d play Lucic on the fourth line for the next four seasons and then sign him AGAIN to 6x6 after that before we’ll retain 30% AND give up a first and Yamamoto AND get nothing of consequence back.

The problem is that we can't play him on the 4th line, except for maybe a game here and there. I'll believe its "allowed" when it happens. Its definitely merited. This is the problem - coaches are handcuffed by this player.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Edmonton is the desperate team here wanting out of that contract so they can compete NOW. Baertchi is a far better 1LW or even 2LW for Edmonton then Lucic on a MUCH better contract. He would easy breasy get 60-70 pts with either Mcdavid or Draisatl.

Gudbranson gives some bite to a weak and easily destroyed defensive group in Edmonton.

If Edmonton can manage to get back on track that 2019 1st would be on the lower end so the balance is quite easily there pal

We’re not desperate and with RNH on 1LW were fine there too. Baertschi is a 3LW with a career high of 35 points, he wouldn’t be anywhere near McDavid or Draisaitl.

Gudbransom is absolutely awful and would be a healthy scratch. We have Lucic/Khaira/Kassian/Nurse/Larsson, bite is not something we’re lacking. Terrible offer

Reactions: voxel and ivanlwan

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
The problem is that we can't play him on the 4th line, except for maybe a game here and there. I'll believe its "allowed" when it happens. Its definitely merited. This is the problem - coaches are handcuffed by this player.

I’d rather be handcuffed than give up assets like Yamamoto and a 1st just to get worthless junk in return.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
:habs
Milan Lucic (could drop NTC since Habs were is 2nd choice)
Kailer Yamamoto
Caleb Jones

:edmonton
Karl Alzner
Andrew Shaw
Nikita Scherbak

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
:habs
Milan Lucic (could drop NTC since Habs were is 2nd choice)
Kailer Yamamoto
Caleb Jones

:edmonton
Karl Alzner
Andrew Shaw
Nikita Scherbak

Giving up one cap dump for two cap dumps that make more combined than Lucic does doesn’t make any sense either and - again - Yamamoto is not going anywhere. He’s got top line upside and was great with a capital G this offseason.

Reactions: A91

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Because they're trapped in an abomination of a deal with no escape in sight? Lucic is addition by subtraction just in terms of icetime, let alone salary.

I have to agree though, that theres no way a blue chip like Yamo goes out with that much retention involved - one or the other.

Meh we will have to see what happens after the lockout next year. There's a small possibility owners negotiate another round of compliance buyouts in the next CBA. Otherwise if Lucic has another brutal season and continues to be useless and slides down the lineup they could always put him on waivers and send him down to Bakersfield. I don't think Lucic would spend the next 4 years riding the bus in Bakersfield, I think he would say his back hurts go home and collect the rest of his contract on LTIR.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
We’re not desperate and with RNH on 1LW were fine there too. Baertschi is a 3LW with a career high of 35 points, he wouldn’t be anywhere near McDavid or Draisaitl.

Gudbransom is absolutely awful and would be a healthy scratch. We have Lucic/Khaira/Kassian/Nurse/Larsson, bite is not something we’re lacking. Terrible offer
Haha suit yourself :laugh:

AnCatDubh

Jan 18, 2017
I think the bigger problem with trying to trade Lucic its that the NMC will require him to be protected in the Seattle expansion draft. Even if the Oilers can find someone to take a salary dump, will the same team be willing to expose another player because they have to protect Lucic? If they really want rid of him, it might be more painful then would normally be expected.

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
I'd love to do a deal like

Lucic + Poolparty for Goldobin Lol. totally unrealistic though. :D

Okay.. Serious pants on.

Lucic
Poolparty
EDM 3rd Rd Pick 2019

to Vancouver for

Virtanen
Leipsic

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
I'd love to do a deal like

Lucic + Poolparty for Goldobin Lol. totally unrealistic though. :D

Okay.. Serious pants on.

Lucic
Poolparty
EDM 3rd Rd Pick 2019

to Vancouver for

Virtanen
Leipsic
EDM wanta to get rid of Lucic but don't want to add any good pieces to get rid of him. Maybe swap Poolparty for a protected 1st and take out Virtanen/Leipsic or something.

Lucic
1st
3rd
C prospect

For
Leipsic/Virtanen
4th
Bit of cap.

Edmonton doesn't have to give up any good prospects but some picks and they get a player who could play for them. Idk.

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
EDM wanta to get rid of Lucic but don't want to add any good pieces to get rid of him. Maybe swap Poolparty for a protected 1st and take out Virtanen/Leipsic or something.

Lucic
1st
3rd
C prospect

For
Leipsic/Virtanen
4th
Bit of cap.

Edmonton doesn't have to give up any good prospects but some picks and they get a player who could play for them. Idk.
Who would you consider Edmonton's "C" prospects? and would you consider any "B" grade ones? if there was no poolparty I would assume Virtanen would also not be included.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Who would you consider Edmonton's "C" prospects? and would you consider any "B" grade ones? if there was no poolparty I would assume Virtanen would also not be included.

Idk im not Edmonton fan but EDM fans would look for a deal which Vancouver would help them. But in reality EDM would actually have to give up something good to get rid of Lucic.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Giving up one cap dump for two cap dumps that make more combined than Lucic does doesn’t make any sense either and - again - Yamamoto is not going anywhere. He’s got top line upside and was great with a capital G this offseason.
Oh heres why you think hes worth more than Kreider

Yamamoto has top line upside when half the leagues prospects have top line upside. Delusional at best

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
With terrible offers like we've seen here the team is better off just playing Lucic and hopefully have him return to 50 point form. Losing Puljujarvi or Yamamoto just to move out Lucic is too much to take.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Oh heres why you think hes worth more than Kreider

Yamamoto has top line upside when half the leagues prospects have top line upside. Delusional at best

Don’t be ridiculous. The kid went 22nd overall and ripped up the WHL when he went back.

‘Half the league’s prospects’ my ass. He’d be no worse than your third best prospect .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad