Lucic + Poolparty for Goldobin Lol. totally unrealistic though. :D

Okay.. Serious pants on.

Lucic
Poolparty
EDM 3rd Rd Pick 2019

to Vancouver for

Virtanen
Leipsic

Lol no. Puljujarvi, like Yamamoto, goes nowhere - especially if it’s to bring back guys that might not even crack the roster.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
sure. i will take your word for it.
as if he wouldnt be a #2 in TOR.
He wouldn’t be, Gardiner and Rielly are way better than him. Also, if Zaitsev regains his late season and rookie season form he’s better. Dermott might be better than Larsson as well as soon as this season. At best he’d be 4/5 in Toronto.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Don’t be ridiculous. The kid went 22nd overall and ripped up the WHL when he went back.

‘Half the league’s prospects’ my ass. He’d be no worse than your third best prospect .
He doesnt have top line potential and the idea of him being worth more than Kreider WITH Lucic's contract attatched shows how badly you overrate him

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
He wouldn’t be, Gardiner and Rielly are way better than him. Also, if Zaitsev regains his late season and rookie season form he’s better. Dermott might be better than Larsson as well as soon as this season. At best he’d be 4/5 in Toronto.
Lmfao why not just admit youve never watched a game of Larsson's

Zaitsev better LOL

Reactions: Volica

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I'd just stay the course with Lucic instead of adding on assets to get rid of him, if he sucks badly then you start to bench him and worst case he's your 14th forward and maybe at some point he considers retiring (assuming that he still gets the remaining $ on his contract). If Hossa's deal can be buried because of a new allergy to equipment, surely he could be convinced that his back issue is forcing him to retire vs. traveling with the team to sit on the bench 82 games a year. I mean sitting IS very hard on the back after all.
Lol.

Reactions: alphahelix

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I think you lost all credibility when you said Zaitsev and Dermott are better.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
:habs
Milan Lucic (could drop NTC since Habs were is 2nd choice)
Kailer Yamamoto
Caleb Jones

:edmonton
Karl Alzner
Andrew Shaw
Nikita Scherbak
:hawks
Karl Alzner
Andrew Shaw
:habs
Brent Seabrook
Artem Anisimov

This one makes more sense for both teams.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
It make sense in the fact that salaries are close to even & these two cap dumps are shorter and add depth (especially Shaw at RW or C) to a depleted wingers team.

Oilers don’t need depth. They need a good LW to play with Draisaitl.

RW has been a strength in preseason and Oilers don’t need a C.. at all. Strome and Brodziak fill the bottom 6 C roles quiet well. Khaira can play C too.

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
This thread is painful to read lmao. I understand Lucic is a negative asset at this point but for those asking for retention AND one or more of our top prospects in exchange for meh makes no sense for the Oilers. Threads like this are so pointless.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Oh heres why you think hes worth more than Kreider

Yamamoto has top line upside when half the leagues prospects have top line upside. Delusional at best

You are right Yamamoto may bust , But what is really delusional is NYR fans calling a 53 point winger elite . Hall is , Kessel is , Ov is and Benn is . 53 point winger aren't

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
So that leaves ALL the Canadian GMs outside of Winnipeg and Calgary as possibilities :laugh:

I LOLd.

Not sure what you do with Luč. Not much you can. Not many teams can pick him up and give an asset back. The ask would be absurd... people need to understand your cap is just as important as your star player... if you mismanage it, even early on, it kills you. The NHL is a quick turnover league.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Edmonton is the desperate team here wanting out of that contract so they can compete NOW. Baertchi is a far better 1LW or even 2LW for Edmonton then Lucic on a MUCH better contract. He would easy breasy get 60-70 pts with either Mcdavid or Draisatl.

Gudbranson gives some bite to a weak and easily destroyed defensive group in Edmonton.

If Edmonton can manage to get back on track that 2019 1st would be on the lower end so the balance is quite easily there pal

FYI Oilers don’t need bite. Lots of grit in the lineup. Guds would sit in the press box like Gryba did. We need puck movers. Send Stetcher instead.

Canucks are terrible trading partners because they lack a top 6LW. Baertchi would not play in our top 6.

Perron or Neal or Maroon would have fit perfectly as 2LW - oh well.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Yeah right... :popcorn:

Larsson is not even a Top 4 D. He is barely a #6 at that.

Hall is a Superstar and one of the very best in the NHL! The guy is Elite!

Oilers got robbed at gun point on that trade! It is the worst trade in the NHL in the modern Cap era. Just hilarious.

That trade was bad, don't get me wrong, but a #6? Larsson would be the second best D-man on the Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad