Value of: Lucic Cap Dump

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
It’s the summer of Pierre. He’ll make it work.
To make it work with Lucic at full cap he'd probably have to shed $2-3M. When I look at the Sens roster there are only tow players that are really "fat" in the contract sense. Zaitsev and to a much lesser degree Hamonic. He'd have to pay a fair bit to get rid of Zaitsev. It makes no sense to me to pay assets and weaken the defense juts to take on Lucic at full cap. There are far better ways to spend assets and cap space.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
To make it work with Lucic at full cap he'd probably have to shed $2-3M. When I look at the Sens roster there are only tow players that are really "fat" in the contract sense. Zaitsev and to a much lesser degree Hamonic. He'd have to pay a fair bit to get rid of Zaitsev. It makes no sense to me to pay assets and weaken the defense juts to take on Lucic at full cap. There are far better ways to spend assets and cap space.
Let Pierre do his thing :nod:

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Not sure if I fully understand this move. Calgary is under the cap with everyone signed and there isn’t really anyone left in UFA where the money would be better spent unless they can lock up Kadri for a decent deal.

Reactions: Fig

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Its not 2012 anymore.
He's not playing top-6 lmao
Lucic plays a never give up attitude and even at his age is still a beast in front of the net. He can still be a useful leader for young guys just entering the league and a good 4th line checker. He is only paid $1M in salary which is well worth it for what Lucic brings.
Hot Pierre summer is in FULL effect.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
He's not playing top-6 lmao
Lucic plays a never give up attitude and even at his age is still a beast in front of the net. He can still be a useful leader for young guys just entering the league and a good 4th line checker. He is only paid $1M in salary which is well worth it for what Lucic brings.
Hot Pierre summer is in FULL effect.
Again, it's not 2012. The Lucic you describe may show up from time to time but that is hardly his game today. He is a non-factor on the ice far more than he is a difference maker. You already have Watson who brings almost everything that Lucic does but he can skate and is not a big defensive liability.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Again, it's not 2012. The Lucic you describe may show up from time to time but that is hardly his game today. He is a non-factor on the ice far more than he is a difference maker. You already have Watson who brings almost everything that Lucic does but he can skate and is not a big defensive liability.
Like I said he doesn't have to play every game. You can never have enough of these types of guys in your lineup.
People like yourself get too hung up on what the player does on the ice. When a player's contributions off the ice can be more impactful, and that'd be the case for Lucic wherever he goes.

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
I have no interest in finding out how much of our future we have to give up for the opportunity to sign another anchor contract in Kadri. . Likely it would be at least our 23 1st round pick plus a good prospect with Lucic and that still won’t give us enough capspace for Kadri (Which is why many fans want to clear space.) We’re just about to get out of cap hell with a lot of money coming off the books at the end of this season. Let’s not mortgage our future to try and win when we are not built to win a cup. Lucic is actually a great guy to have on our team. He’s overpaid for what he brings to the table. But I want him on this team over Kadri or another stupid UFA blunder that Tre is known for.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Like I said he doesn't have to play every game. You can never have enough of these types of guys in your lineup.
People like yourself get too hung up on what the player does on the ice. When a player's contributions off the ice can be more impactful, and that'd be the case for Lucic wherever he goes.
I have always been a fan of Lucic. But you are rolling the dice if you think he will be a leader for your young guys. In a similar situation in Edmonton with a young team he was great well he was succeeding but became a major distraction when things were not going well for him. There were also similar issues with him at the end of his time in Boston. But even if you get the off ice leader you hope, if he can't play the game and he hurts you on the ice its not worth the trouble.

If you want leadership, look to Giroux. Or have Dorian make an offer to a guy like Stastny who is not only a great leader but he can still play. Ottawa has a bright future. Giving up anything to add Lucic is just a step backwards.

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Edmonton is still paying part of his salary, might as well just pay the whole thing

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Yep.

Would be a great leader that could help guys like Kastelic and Kelly.
Doesn’t even have to play every night.

So you want to pay a guy 5.25 million on the cap for next year to play on the 4th line and some nights not play at all? Glad you’re not our GM.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
I'd love the Flyers to work a trade giving JVR for Lucic. JVR could help Calgary I'd think. And Lucic would fit in with Bobby Clarke's notion of how hockey is played. Calgary could probably get some second rounders from Philly as well, since management hates those picks.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I'd love the Flyers to work a trade giving JVR for Lucic. JVR could help Calgary I'd think. And Lucic would fit in with Bobby Clarke's notion of how hockey is played. Calgary could probably get some second rounders from Philly as well, since management hates those picks.
Ya I've thought about that, could make sense for Calgary

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Lucic will be a Flames for life. He is going no where. He already did the team a big favor during the expansion draft. He is loved by the fans and team mates
This.

… and …
• He loves Sutter
• Sutter loves him
• He wants to be Northwest
• Flames would have to add something significant to move him.

With cap space at a premium never witnessed before, M-NTCs are basically straight NTCs right now because players can set their available list to teams that they know won’t trade for them or don’t have the cap space to trade for them.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Calgary needs to be as good as possible this year with potential of more star UFAS walking. Ship out Lucic with Valimaki and a third or second if need be to try and get one more impact player.

I see fits with him going to either ANA or ARZ.

I would assume a 7th or future considerations coming back?
There’s just too many teams trying to move cap right now, and only a few who can take it. Teams that will have $10 million available, like Anaheim, Detroit and Arizona, will get more for taking cap dumps right now. To move both Valimaki and Lucic? Would likely cost a 1st and Zary.

The other thing that’s now coming into play, is teams trying to dump salary are starting to offer players who fit the future of teams who have cap space. Just like the Columbus/Seattle deal. If you can get a solid player for the next few years for free basically, they’re going to do that unless the payment is worth it.

The cost is crazy right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2