Value of: Lucic Cap Dump

Nov 24, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Calgary needs to be as good as possible this year with potential of more star UFAS walking. Ship out Lucic with Valimaki and a third or second if need be to try and get one more impact player.

I see fits with him going to either ANA or ARZ.

I would assume a 7th or future considerations coming back?

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
Calgary needs to be as good as possible this year with potential of more star UFAS walking. Ship out Lucic with Valimaki and a third or second if need be to try and get one more impact player.

Question is, Would Lucic see either of those teams as a fit? He submitted a 10 team trade list on July 1st according to capfriendly, who would he put on it?

Reactions: Brad C

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
I can't imagine Valimaki has a lot of value.

You aren't getting an impact player in any Lucic deal, but you could use the freed up money on UFAs

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I say wait it out. Just one year left.

Maybe at the deadline if he can't keep up and they want to go all in.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

You aren't getting an impact player in any Lucic deal, but you could use the freed up money on UFAs

Yeah, he's waiver eligible and is currently Calgary's 7th best D-man (at best) who earns 1.5 mil a year and hasn't done much in the NHL (played 9 NHL games last season). I'm skeptical he'd even get claimed off of waivers.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

And which UFAs would you spend it on? If Kadri is in the drawer to NYI, there is no one left that really moves the needle.

I guess you’re actually trading for Pat Kane or Meier.

Any interest in Toews at an equal cap hit?
Toews for Lucic. Would have been a fun trade 8 years ago.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Not sure the Flames should be adding assets to get rid of Lucic. Not unless they have Huberdeau locked up long-term

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Lucic will be a Flames for life. He is going no where. He already did the team a big favor during the expansion draft. He is loved by the fans and team mates

Reactions: Ace Rimmer and zar

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Lucic could be moved but I doubt he is. 1 million real dollars, you know Murray Edwards likes that.

Valimaki I could see moved in a similar cap change of scenery type deal for a forward

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
The teams which have cap space are likely on Lucic's NTC

Plus, any team regardless of cap room will ask for a big sweetener to take 6M in cap hit... look what it cost for Nemeth and Kassian. Yes those were 2 years but close to 6M in cap space for both years

Reactions: G Backup

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
The teams which have cap space are likely on Lucic's NTC

Plus, any team regardless of cap room will ask for a big sweetener to take 6M in cap hit... look what it cost for Nemeth and Kassian. Yes those were 2 years but close to 6M in cap space for both years
The thing is, he almost benefits a team like Arizona because he's only owed a million in salary. The problem with that is obviously the number of teams looking to shed salary and Lucic's trade list. At this point we're just better off to keep him.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

you want to move out $7.75M in 2 roster players and expect to get what back?

try including at least a 1st. Neither team needs to acquire them.

And which UFAs would you spend it on? If Kadri is in the drawer to NYI, there is no one left that really moves the needle.

I guess you’re actually trading for Pat Kane or Meier.

Toews for Lucic. Would have been a fun trade 8 years ago.

maybe they think Barzal would be available after Kadri signs

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Anaheim should be over this.

I think their young players would benefit having an old school tough veteran presence like Lucic.

They could also flip him at the deadline for a 3-4th round pick if he has a good season.

Reactions: McDonald19

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
you want to move out $7.75M in 2 roster players and expect to get what back?

try including at least a 1st. Neither team needs to acquire them.

maybe they think Barzal would be available after Kadri signs
More like Nelson than Barzal.

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
No idea why Flames fans start these stupid threads.
At this point the Flames have no need to trade Lucic, why even start this crap?
Turn in your fan card and go a few hours north where you belong.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I don't get the point of this move if there's no specific move in mind for the cap space usage.

Reactions: Larry Hanson

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Lucic could be moved but I doubt he is. 1 million real dollars, you know Murray Edwards likes that.

Valimaki I could see moved in a similar cap change of scenery type deal for a forward
Why trash on Edwards? he spends to the cap (or over) every year? stupid.

The Ducks would gladly take him at his full cap hit.

Although I have to admit, the possibility of Lucic, Ritchie, Kassian, Nemeth, O’Brien, and Crouse all on the same team is hilarious.
What a glorious shit show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad