Half-Assed GDT: Louie vs. Gritty

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
To be fair, what are the odds their are two goalies out there worse than Jake Allen. Astronomical.
Time will tell. I'm glad for his shutout. I imagine you'll end up eating those words once he gets some more starts; not that he's a bad goalie. It's just the case that blues fans really hate their goalies.

Reactions: STLomacneko

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
If you're going to bench bad play, then you have to start a hot goalie in the next game. What a great interview. Love Binnie's positive attitude.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Binnington was very good tonight. I think it was prior to last season, but i thought he would turn into a backup at least. Then last year the wheels fell off till was loaned out.

Reactions: CoMoBlues

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Both goalies played exceptionally well. Good for Binnington.

Glad Tarasenko finally sniped one. It’s been a while. ROR and Perron looked great. Everyone seems to look great with ROR. If you’re on his line and don’t bust your ass every shift you’re going to look foolish because he never holds anything back. Perron has been that way for most of his career too so they’re a pretty natural pair.

CoverYour5

Sep 25, 2018
Time will tell. I'm glad for his shutout. I imagine you'll end up eating those words once he gets some more starts; not that he's a bad goalie. It's just the case that blues fans really hate their goalies.
I think Blues fans just hate bad goalies. We've had some good ones, and we let them all go.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Nice to see The Blues play well, and Binnington get a shutout in his first game. I can't help think that playing .500 hockey from here in loses them their almost sure-to-be excellent NHL player #1 draft choice this season. They've got to win a lot more than they have been recently to make this winning pay off. I hope that them trusting Binnington can get him a lot more starts and make this winning pay off.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
If you're going to bench bad play, then you have to start a hot goalie in the next game. What a great interview. Love Binnie's positive attitude.
I'd agree if it wasn't B2B. Give him the rest and give him the following game. There's B2Bs coming up. So we'll see him

Reactions: STL BLUES

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Very good game by Binnington, we should be happy for him. But let’s not get too carried away, the guy has seen less than 60 NHL shots in his career so far, maybe let’s not anoint him the starter just yet. Nevertheless he made the saves he should have, and a few more he shouldn’t have. That’s what good goalies do, and if he does it reliably, it’s very good news indeed

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
How sad to see the top five draft pick slip away. Long-term we need a franchise player. Without it we remain average for a very long time. I'm sorry but it sucks for some of us old timmers who want to see a cup parade down Market St.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
How sad to see the top five draft pick slip away. Long-term we need a franchise player. Without it we remain average for a very long time. I'm sorry but it sucks for some of us old timmers who want to see a cup parade down Market St.
I dont think there is a "franchise" player in this draft.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Lakewood

Nov 17, 2013
There was a dump in that Binnington slowed along the boards above the ice that he feathered for a de facto pass to the lad. I was wowed. Allen would have trapped and shot. Binnington is a comparitive weakling, but fundamentally sound and seasoned enough to make a push to be a starter. Slow getting up when he has time. Relaxed and conservative in his energy. Not twitchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad