Half-Assed GDT: Louie vs. Gritty

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
Now all Binny has to do is find Gritty on the way out of building and drop him. If he then gives him the People’s Elbow I will order my Binny 50 jersey tonight.

Better be careful though. This the city that spawned The real "Rocky" Chuck Wepner as well as Sonny Liston, Joe Frazier and Bernard Hopkins. Their on ice Goonery is legendary. With the likes of Bob Watson, Bob Clark, Moose Dupont, Kenny Linesman and Dave Schultz amongst thugs to put on the flying bullseye. Then comes the true horror Bill Cosby and Bob Saget.

Probably best to get out of there with your Shutout in one piece.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
So does Binnington start in Dallas? Berube gonna ride the hot hand?

Funny reading everyone say how Tarasenko stunk tonight until his goal. The Flyers broadcast was gushing over every play he made and saying what a great game he was having.

Last edited:
Reactions: STL BLUES

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
So does Binnington start in Dallas? Berube gonna ride the hit band?

Funny reading everyone say how Tarasenko stunk tonight until his goal. The Flyers broadcast was gushing over every play he made and saying what a great game he was having.
Hard to imagine otherwise. He is interim and is literally coaching for his future gig as he knows he is getting replaced. Posting a winning record is only thing he cares about.

Reactions: CoMoBlues

hullderko

Apr 21, 2015
Glad to get the W, but my word the passing was terrible tonight and the team looked pretty slow. They should have a lot left in the tank for tomorrow.

Reactions: cardinalnation
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Very good game by Binnington, we should be happy for him. But let’s not get too carried away, the guy has seen less than 60 NHL shots in his career so far, maybe let’s not anoint him the starter just yet. Nevertheless he made the saves he should have, and a few more he shouldn’t have. That’s what good goalies do, and if he does it reliably, it’s very good news indeed
Who's anointing him the starter? I've seen people say he deserves another start. That's nothing crazy or out of the question.

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
Glad to get the W, but my word the passing was terrible tonight and the team looked pretty slow. They should have a lot left in the tank for tomorrow.

Yeh just a terrible year by this Forward group aside from O'Reilly, DP 57 and Thomas. I think it is past time to let ROR take over that bunch up front. Steen just isn't himself this year and Ryan seems like a good rah rah guy. Plus his play has been exceptional. At some point they have to face reality in Steen/Maroon 2019 if they are going to make that push before it is all over. Don't forget they put a lot of hope in this team and may not be willing to go down the "Tank" path. I would say it is a quarter to Midnight on any come back.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
If the Blues blow up the core I’m not sure how Philly doesn’t follow sui. Their core is quite a bit older which really makes it worse.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
They have to ride the hot goalie, Binnington should start tomorrow!! Goalie gets a shutout, he should get another game!!! Screw Allen, he hasn't shown that he deserves another start!!!

I don't think there's a reasonable chance they'll start a rookie goalie for both games in a back to back. I don't think that's putting him in a position to succeed. Let Jake have tomorrow, then go to Binnington, see how he does the next game, and go from there.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
I don't think there's a reasonable chance they'll start a rookie goalie for both games in a back to back. I don't think that's putting him in a position to succeed. Let Jake have tomorrow, then go to Binnington, see how he does the next game, and go from there.
Reasonable post, I still think you play a goalie with a shutout that the team seemed to rally for and played well in front of him!!! If we come back home tomorrow and crap the bed, I have to think Jake is done as an NHL starter!!!

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Allen's stats as of late, to be fair, have been pretty darn good. Saying that, we should cash it out, package him up with a 2nd and get some depth help. Whose with me?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranksu

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West

Binnington's attitude totally changed the morale out there today. This team was not the Blues I have seen most of the year. For that reason alone I'd deep six Jake the first chance we get. It's not even the fact that Bings got a SO on his first game, either, it's how the team played around him. They looked alive and hungry.

If we all agree that the Tank Is On, having a rookie netminder between the pipes will help that along, if not and Binnington plays like a real Starter then we're back in the fight. Jake's had his shot and it's apparent that, while he has his moments, he shouldn't be our guy and we shouldn't settle for less in goal. Time to move on.

Reactions: STLomacneko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad