Half-Assed GDT: Louie vs. Gritty

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
hopefully lil hextall's performance last night gives b-rub more confidence in starting him in more situations. gave him as stacked a deck as possible and he took the house. will be interesting to see if he can continue versus better competition.

allen will still get most starts, but it was refreshing to see them give the kid a chance.

still quite messy defensively last night, but they got a w at least.

Reactions: cardinalnation

Saint Loser

"(they) are unavoidably unsafe" - SCOTUS
Mar 16, 2018
Ok! So here's what we have!!

River Jordan
Vovavolga
Blue Magoon
Rhine O'Reilly
Blue Barube
The Berube Danube
The Dunnube (I like The Dunnube)
The Schwartz Swamp
Yukon Schwartz (I like this one much better)
Thomas Thames
The Elbowmeester
The Kourou River
The Angelo
Brayden Seine
Brayden Senne (gonna have to go with the first one)
Blaise River

This is a good list!!

CoMoBlues

Aug 16, 2010
Columbus, OH

River Jordan
Vovavolga
Blue Magoon
Rhine O'Reilly
Blue Barube
The Berube Danube
The Schwartz Swamp
Thomas Thames
The Elbowmeester
The Kourou River
The Angelo
Brayden Seine
Blaise River

This is a good list!!

Jamie Rivers would be proud.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I think everyone is happy for him. The problem is that there are a lot of people that hate Jake so badly that they want to push the next guy in. I'm not saying that is you...but he's proven nothing yet. I think they'll give him a lot of looks this season behind Allen. Once the team is no longer trying to protect him, then we'll know where he sits
Funny thing is Allen is 28 and has proven nothing yet either.

Well actually, he's proven that he sucks. But there are people who still think he's about to breakout.

Right now, if Binnington can continue this, he should at least have a spot on the team as next year's backup goalie. And there's value in that. Hutton, Elliott, etc. A good backup can contribute a lot to a team. We will just need to do something about the starter.

So yes I'm going to hope that Binnington can prove something here. That is more important than a draft pick right now.

Reactions: STLomacneko

Saint Loser

"(they) are unavoidably unsafe" - SCOTUS
Mar 16, 2018
If Binnington does not get the start tonight, then the Berube has no business coaching at all.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Funny thing is Allen is 28 and has proven nothing yet either.

Well actually, he's proven that he sucks. But there are people who still think he's about to breakout.

Right now, if Binnington can continue this, he should at least have a spot on the team as next year's backup goalie. And there's value in that. Hutton, Elliott, etc. A good backup can contribute a lot to a team. We will just need to do something about the starter.

So yes I'm going to hope that Binnington can prove something here. That is more important than a draft pick right now.
Can you show me one person who thinks this?

Reactions: TruBlu

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
As down as I have been on Allen I fully expect the Blues to trade him / whatever team he ends up on next to be a fantastic goalie. Thats just how things go.

Reactions: CaliBlues710

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Can you show me one person who thinks this?
Mike Liut has made posts about it. I hate to single him out because there are others.

Just read the GDTs. Allen will go on a hot streak and there are posts like "maybe he's finally turned the corner."

He still has fans on Twitter too. I hate our fanbase on Twitter so I hate to give them any attention but yeah. He still has believers. It's not the entire fanbase that is against him.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Mike Liut has made posts about it. I hate to single him out because there are others.

Just read the GDTs. Allen will go on a hot streak and there are posts like "maybe he's finally turned the corner."

He still has fans on Twitter too. I hate our fanbase on Twitter so I hate to give them any attention but yeah. He still has believers. It's not the entire fanbase that is against him.
Why do I have to be 'for' or 'against' him? "Turning the corner" to me just means that he is getting to his best level after struggling at below his baseline. I don't believe there is a single poster on this board (why does it matter what someone says on Twitter, when we're having THIS conversation HERE?) that thinks Allen is about to 'breakout'.

I want to Blues to get a different starting goalie next year, but I am not 'for' or 'against' Allen. I just don't think he's a good enough option. But I also still hope that he surprises me and DOES play really well. Yet I've been called an Allen 'fanboy' or delusional. I think pretty much everyone here thinks Allen is not good enough. Some think he shares responsibility for the team's struggles with other players to greater or lesser degrees.

The reason I'm making an issue out of this, is that every day on here there are snide comments about Allen's "fanboys", when in fact I don't even think he has any. Using sarcasm about nuanced opinions does not result in very enlightened discussions.

Reactions: simon IC and TruBlu

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Why do I have to be 'for' or 'against' him? "Turning the corner" to me just means that he is getting to his best level after struggling at below his baseline. I don't believe there is a single poster on this board (why does it matter what someone says on Twitter, when we're having THIS conversation HERE?) that thinks Allen is about to 'breakout'.

I want to Blues to get a different starting goalie next year, but I am not 'for' or 'against' Allen. I just don't think he's a good enough option. But I also still hope that he surprises me and DOES play really well. Yet I've been called an Allen 'fanboy' or delusional. I think pretty much everyone here thinks Allen is not good enough. Some think he shares responsibility for the team's struggles with other players to greater or lesser degrees.

The reason I'm making an issue out of this, is that every day on here there are snide comments about Allen's "fanboys", when in fact I don't even think he has any. Using sarcasm about nuanced opinions does not result in very enlightened discussions.
To me, if you want the Blues to get another starter next year(or earlier) that would mean you're against Allen. You're against having Allen as the starter. You seem to be describing people who actively root against him just so they can be proven "right" about him. I don't really consider their opinions to be all that relevant to the discussion because we really don't have many, if any, of those people here. I think the vast majority, myself included, are in the same boat as you: we would like to see Jake replaced with a better goalie, but while he's here we're hopeful he'll prove us wrong and play lights out. If that's what it means to be "against" Jake, then I don't know anybody here who qualifies.

I'm not sure Allen has any "fanboys", but there are plenty of people who claim that Blues fans always hate their goalie no matter how good or bad he may be. I don't think that's true at all. I just think we've had a long history of terrible goaltending, so of course our goaltenders have been hated on, they've been terrible. All players are going to have detractors, and those focal point positions in sports(the quarterback, goaltender, starting pitcher) get more heat than other positions, but I don't think our goalies have gotten undeserved hate given how awful most of them have been over the years.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016

River Jordan
Vovavolga
Blue Magoon
Rhine O'Reilly
Blue Barube
The Berube Danube
The Schwartz Swamp
Thomas Thames
The Elbowmeester
The Kourou River
The Angelo
Brayden Seine
Blaise River

This is a good list!!
Parayko Parana?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->