Player Discussion Loui Eriksson, Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Louie may get a shot this weekend in place of Motte.

Prepare for the possibility.... Motte responsible or instrumental for 2 GA v St.L.

Not saying...
Just saying...

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If Eriksson replaces Motte in the lineup, Green needs his head examined.

Now one of Beagle, Schaller or even Virtanen, I could agree on that.

Reactions: MikeK

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I remember reading no stats point to it being sustainable.

The Canucks are now 3rd and I don't think the Canucks will have the best PK this season, but the Canucks did have the 11th best PK last season. The biggest change to last year's PK group is on D with Hutton and Gudbranson gone and not having Granlund. Personally, I think a healthy Tanev, Sutter, and Beagle does make the PK even better.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
The Canucks are now 3rd and I don't think the Canucks will have the best PK this season, but the Canucks did have the 11th best PK last season. The biggest change to last year's PK group is on D with Hutton and Gudbranson gone and not having Granlund. Personally, I think a healthy Tanev, Sutter, and Beagle does make the PK even better.

Our goalies have sky high PK sv% at the moment. That is the most obvious stat that will surely come down to earth.

But yeah, the personnel is improved.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Our goalies have sky high PK sv% at the moment. That is the most obvious stat that will surely come down to earth.

But yeah, the personnel is improved.

They say that the goaltender is the most important PKer. The goaltending also figures to be better than last season. I think that having one of the better penalty kill is fine. It's better to take less penalties.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
They say that the goaltender is the most important PKer. The goaltending also figures to be better than last season. I think that having one of the better penalty kill is fine. It's better to take less penalties.

Demko and Markström both have higher save% on the PK than they do 5 on 5.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
So....

Are there any other disgruntled 6M dollar paperweights in the league we can trade this guy for?

It's so weird the main stream media has basically ignored this entire cluster.

Reactions: I am toxic

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
So....

Are there any other disgruntled 6M dollar paperweights in the league we can trade this guy for?

It's so weird the main stream media has basically ignored this entire cluster.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing on LE. It's nearly been a month since he's played and would surely require a conditioning stint. You have to believe the plan is to absolutely rust him out to the point where he gets suspended...

Reactions: mathonwy

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Demko and Markström both have higher save% on the PK than they do 5 on 5.

And your point is what? Tampa and Arizona were two of top 3 teams in PK% last season and their #1 goalies both had a much higher PK SV% than they do 5 on 5. It's not an unusual occurrence.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
And your point is what? Tampa and Arizona were two of top 3 teams in PK% last season and their #1 goalies both had a much higher PK SV% than they do 5 on 5. It's not an unusual occurrence.

How are you getting to those numbers...?????

Tampa

Vasilevski(53gp):

upload_2019-10-27_8-58-7.png

Domingue(26gp):

upload_2019-10-27_9-4-54.png

Pasquale (3gp):

upload_2019-10-27_9-2-46.png

Arizona

Kuemper(55gp):

upload_2019-10-27_9-8-59.png

Hill(13gp):

upload_2019-10-27_9-7-54.png

Raanta(3gp):

upload_2019-10-27_9-5-54.png

You do not need to understand anything at all about stats to realize it would make no sense at all that a team, over 82 games, has better save% on the PK than they do 5 on 5.

Reactions: Disappointed EP40

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
So it looks like $6m in cap space will be sitting the press-box indefinitely or until somebody goes down with an injury. It's a 'lose-lose' situation all around. The more he sits, the more untradeable he becomes. And with no cap room, the Canucks are hamstrung in going out in the trade market to address other holes in their lineup.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
What else are they going to do with Loui though. He legit cannot bump Tyler Motte out of the twelve hole. With $6x6 left on his contract, what exactly can you do with him?

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018
What else are they going to do with Loui though. He legit cannot bump Tyler Motte out of the twelve hole. With $6x6 left on his contract, what exactly can you do with him?

stick him in Utica and bench him there as well, make him as miserable as possible and pray that he has enough and retires or fails to report so we can void his contract.

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018
stick him in Utica and bench him there as well, make him as miserable as possible and pray that he has enough and retires or fails to report so we can void his contract.

try literally everything within the confines of the law/CBA to get rid of him, if it doesn't work, then so be it, but at least try

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Knowing Jimbo the way we do though, he won't send Loui to Utica, Loui will wind up going to the Dallas Stars affiliate in Texas so he can be near his family. Loui's agent will have Jim practically in tears by the end of the phone call. This being the reality, why not just leave him where he is.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth

He only has 2 years left after this season. It's getting to the point where they should either buy him out or bury his contract and hope he walks away. But, if Lucic can be traded anything can happen.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
I would like a job where they pay you 73k A GAME to sit in a box and watch hockey players play hockey.

If anyone is hiring, let me know. I promise to be the laziest mofo on your payroll.

YWKXHPg.jpg

Reactions: PuckMunchkin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad