Player Discussion Loui Eriksson, Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
The example I was thinking of too. For some reason tho I just cant Loui doing it. He doesnt seem to have any problem with limited roles or the pressbox
To be fair, Nazzy also had plans (or likely plans) to play for Modo following retiring from the NHL. Plus a chance to re-unite (& play) with his childhood buddy Forsberg. And later move onto to a executive position in that league. LE, at his peak, wasn't just a nobody, but he was FAR below Nazzy as a player (who was elite in his prime). I highly doubt a guy like LE has that same post-career option (particularly during this pandemic). Though who knows what connections he might have developed over the years.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
To be fair, Nazzy also had plans (or likely plans) to play for Modo following retiring from the NHL. Plus a chance to re-unite (& play) with his childhood buddy Forsberg. And later move onto to a executive position in that league. LE, at his peak, wasn't just a nobody, but he was FAR below Nazzy as a player (who was elite in his prime). I highly doubt a guy like LE has that same post-career option (particularly during this pandemic). Though who knows what connections he might have developed over the years.
With the money Loui’s made in Vancouver he should be fine. Can live like a king the rest of his life. Mind you there are very few people who would walk away from millions of dollars like Naslund did. Even with his post career opportunities he could have just stuck around NY for an extra year and made millions.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Ugh. I can't believe this 'Eriksson will magically retire for no reason to fix our cap problems!' nonsense is trending again.

There is a 0% chance that Eriksson retires this summer. Nada. None. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for him to. Even if you threaten it, he will call the team's bluff, report to training camp, and see what they do.

There may be a very small chance he retires if sent to Utica at the start of the season, but that does *nothing* to help us through this offseason.

Hit the post

Oct 1, 2015
With the money Loui’s made in Vancouver he should be fine. Can live like a king the rest of his life. Mind you there are very few people who would walk away from millions of dollars like Naslund did. Even with his post career opportunities he could have just stuck around NY for an extra year and made millions.
He's invested a good chunk of those millions in high end restaurants in Sweden, at least one of them without a liquor license because he unwisely chose the wrong business partner. Last I checked Sweden wasn't 100% recovered yet. So he's got alot tied up capital in money losing businesses, so I doubt he'll walk away from several million dollars.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
He's invested a good chunk of those millions in high end restaurants in Sweden, at least one of them without a liquor license because he unwisely chose the wrong business partner. Last I checked Sweden wasn't 100% recovered yet. So he's got alot tied up capital in money losing businesses, so I doubt he'll walk away from several million dollars.
Could be worse. Could have invested in European castles like Nick Cage. :laugh:
From what I’ve read Louis actual investment wasn’t that high in relation to his earnings.

Hit the post

Oct 1, 2015
Could be worse. Could have invested in European castles like Nick Cage. :laugh:
From what I’ve read Louis actual investment wasn’t that high in relation to his earnings.
a fraction of his mega earnings is still a big number. And those restaurants were losing money before the pandemic to my knowledge so he's likely had to add to that initial investment with additional money

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I'm just taking the opportunity to shit on Loui.

Loui's playstyle is a walk in the park compared to honey badger's.

Which would be ok if he was imitating the Sedins.

Which he most assuredly is not.

Loui's low event low contact playstyle will sustain him well into his 40s.

Loui's playstyle was actually one reason why I thought his game would age well but I was so wrong.

Nov 1, 2011
Ugh. I can't believe this 'Eriksson will magically retire for no reason to fix our cap problems!' nonsense is trending again.

There is a 0% chance that Eriksson retires this summer. Nada. None. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for him to. Even if you threaten it, he will call the team's bluff, report to training camp, and see what they do.

There may be a very small chance he retires if sent to Utica at the start of the season, but that does *nothing* to help us through this offseason.

Would he retire for a $6m scouting job?

Gubbhornet

Dec 5, 2019

Actually I think not. The talk was that Forsberg convinced Näslund to make a comeback since the MoDo started the season very bad. Markus had accepted an office position in MoDo and didn't play the first few games.

Hit the post

Oct 1, 2015
Actually I think not. The talk was that Forsberg convinced Näslund to make a comeback since the MoDo started the season very bad. Markus had accepted an office position in MoDo and didn't play the first few games.
Fair enough. Fact remains he still had an executive job lined up in Sweden or at least likely in the works (my speculation) before his retirement from hockey. He wasn’t a senior citizen so he had to think about what he was going to do the rest of his life after leaving the NHL (again, my speculation but it would be the logical thing to do for a guy with a family).

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi

IIRC Nazzy's stint in the SHL was a bit of a disaster wasn't it? People forget and or ignore that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad