Player Discussion Loui Eriksson, Pt. II

O/U (over/under) Will Eriksson get 0.5ppg+ this coming season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Most of the Canucks fans here WANTED Ericksson and talked up about his proven chemistry with the Sedins... very few of us voiced our displeasure about this contract.
I don’t remember people clamouring for him- especially at the cost he went for.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I don’t remember people clamouring for him- especially at the cost he went for.

Quite a few liked him, and liked the contract. Go read the signing thread. Although, a handful were only happy because we dodged Lucic. We knew we were going to spend money, it was just on which FA.

Reactions: iFan

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Eriksson should have been the best of a bad bunch of overpayment. His play seemed to have recovered after some concussion problems, and he had pre-existing chemistry with the Sedins. Lots of bruins fans were interested in bringing him back.

Most expected around 3 good years, followed by 3 bad. Nobody looked at him and said "his play will fall of a cliff year 1".

Reactions: Josepho

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Eriksson should have been the best of a bad bunch of overpayment. His play seemed to have recovered after some concussion problems, and he had pre-existing chemistry with the Sedins. Lots of bruins fans were interested in bringing him back.

Most expected around 3 good years, followed by 3 bad. Nobody looked at him and said "his play will fall of a cliff year 1".
No one expected this drastic and early a decline. But what benefit were the Canucks to derive from Loui for these first 3 seasons? Not chasing a cup. So in his expected bad years starting now his cap hit would impact the next wave after the twins.

The old saying is borrow from Peter to pay Paul. Well now peter needs to be paid.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Twitter is down, but it basically just said Benning is looking into all options for Loui but he has a NTC, Benning said he's still a good 2 way player for them.

Unsurprisingly, Benning's sad attempt to save his pathetic incompetent face fails. Although if I was Benning, I'd buy the biggest fruit basket I can find to thank Eriksson for taking the heat off of me with his idiotic comment.

I think it's time to lay down two choices for Eriksson:
- Either waive your NMC unconditionally so we can at least have the option to trade your sorry ass in some capacity, or...
- You spend the rest of your next three miserable years rotting in AHL, while being the laughingstock of the league up and down.

Reactions: BROCK HUGHES

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Fin they have to play this game of chicken with Loui then that’s what they have to do.

He can talk tough now but when you are only face timing with your young children from September to early April see how long his family deals with it.

Realistically he’ll go through this season to see whether he can handle it or not. No chance the nhl lets him keep any bonuses if he walks out at the beginning of the season.

And really, I can’t see him getting $5 million over the remainder of his career if he were to walk out now in free agency.

This will not end well. If he was owed all salary of the $13 million I would hope that the Canucks would have just bought him out and moved on. Deal with the $5 million in dead cap from the cash being higher than the cap hit the past 3 years.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
J.P. Barry is apparently on the case....maybe he can do something in terms of finding another team rather than Jimbo, who just seems stuck with more dead contracts than the old Three Stooges.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Dallas wants to move Honka. He isn't good, but he is cheap. Any chance we could move Loui for him? What would we have to add?

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Few things, when I watch him play he looks like he doesn’t try...

Anyone see him get rocked? Not me, and that’s because he refuses to sacrifice and put himself in harms way. Do we think other teams don’t notice that?

His effort levels are gross, Botchford always talked about how Loui never put in any practice time and was always the last on the ice and first to go.

He isn’t owed a lot of money after his July 15 4 mill bonus. I keep thinking Ottawa would be a fit. They are below the cap floor with most players signed. Maybe we take back Boedker.

If he does stay, I hope he gets sent to Utica. Good riddance. All fans wanted was effort and he couldn’t even do that.

Look at low producers like Motte and Roussel. Why do people like them? Because they try hard.

f*** Loui and I hope he goes to Utica or Ottawa and quits.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
My memory could be off but wasn’t that under the previous CBA where you could bury cap hit mostly in the minors?
Maybe?

But I believe loans and demotions to the minors are different things altogether. Would be amazing if they could just send him back to Sweden.

Reactions: Hit the post

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
I really can't see the Canucks getting any value out of trading Eriksson. Based on his play and his contract, he has negative value. Thus any trade involving Eriksson would involve getting an equally useless and overpaid player. Eriksson for Lucic would be a lateral transfer at best.

Thus the Canucks should either buy him out, or bury him in the minors. The Aquilinis extract plenty of money from migrant workers, Vancouver's mortgage serfs, and the captive sports fans who buy overpriced tickets.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I like the sentiment, but what's the source on this? Was Friedman on the radio?
Posted by

renderTimingPixel.png

twitter.com/accoun...

Reactions: Wo Yorfat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad