Player Discussion Loui Eriksson, Pt. II

O/U (over/under) Will Eriksson get 0.5ppg+ this coming season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
LOL. Benning already works in Vancouver. They'd have to find another Benning at another franchise to trade anyone of value for Eriksson.

Or the Canucks could package Eriksson and a 1st rounder in exchange for some token player.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
"Friedman says Eriksson and Vancouver both want to figure out a trade. VAN threatening demotion to Utica if he isn't flexible with his NTC"

Man I hope this is true. He is almost impossible to trade because of his own poor play despite being paid a lot of money. He should be willing to accept a trade to anywhere who would actually take him. If he wont, absolutely send him to Utica!

I might want him in Utica rather than giving Virtanen away as a sweetener. Might be easier to trade Sutter

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
Let him rot in Utica.

He will soon realize that actual effort is EASIER than tolerating endless bus rides in the AHL.

Reactions: bh53

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I dont see how we could trade him.

Maybe if we had our first for next year to sweeten the pot.

A big ass trade that involves one of our core pieces is the only way I could see this happening.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

A big ass trade that involves one of our core pieces is the only way I could see this happening.

Right now I'm happy to let him ferment in AHL. He's not only a terrible player but has become a cancer of this team, get him as far away as possible and let him soil in his own disgrace.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
The ‘threatening to send him to Utica to get him to loosen his trade protection’ part of that report screams ‘we tried to trade him to Edmonton for Lucic but he wouldn’t waive’.

Eriksson clearly wants out of here and has moved his family out of the city. The only way the NTC could be an issue is if we’d traded him to a different team that he didn’t want to play for. And that could really only be Edmonton or Ottawa, and we’ve heard a lot more rumours about Edmonton.

Reactions: timw33

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
The ‘threatening to send him to Utica to get him to loosen his trade protection’ part of that report screams ‘we tried to trade him to Edmonton for Lucic but he wouldn’t waive’.

Eriksson clearly wants out of here and has moved his family out of the city. The only way the NTC could be an issue is if we’d traded him to a different team that he didn’t want to play for. And that could really only be Edmonton or Ottawa, and we’ve heard a lot more rumours about Edmonton.

The whole point of getting rid of Eriksson is for cap relief though. That and we have to dump forwards because we have like 80 of them. Trading him for Lucic is the most pointless move. It must be for Ottawa.

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
If these reports are true, Eriksson is either disturbingly stubborn or plain dumb.

He may not like Edmonton, but playing on an NHL team is objectively easier and more comfortable than doing the same in the AHL.

He can either ride the team jet and stay in five star hotels, or he can ride the bus and stay at motels.

lousy

Jul 20, 2004
Calgary
The whole point of getting rid of Eriksson is for cap relief though. That and we have to dump forwards because we have like 80 of them. Trading him for Lucic is the most pointless move. It must be for Ottawa.

Exactly. It makes no sense to try to trade him for Lucic due to the cap situation.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
"Friedman says Eriksson and Vancouver both want to figure out a trade. VAN threatening demotion to Utica if he isn't flexible with his NTC"

I like it. Gotta think we retain salary. At 3 mill maybe someone takes a chance that the guy will start trying? He’s not even that bad of a defensive forward currently, despite his lack of effort.

Do not support giving a sweetener, at least not anything of value.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Edmonton is sitting on $4 million in cap space. A Schaller or even Sutter could be going the other way as well to clear space.

We aren’t trading the whole Eriksson cap hit. Something almost or equally bad is coming back. If it’s Ottawa, get ready for Bobby Ryan. Look what it cost Toronto to get rid of one year of Marleau.

And there was a lot of buzz back in May-June about Lucic and Edmonton, in both cities and from the player himself. There hasn’t been a whiff in the media about Ottawa.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I like it. Gotta think we retain salary. At 3 mill maybe someone takes a chance that the guy will start trying? He’s not even that bad of a defensive forward currently, despite his lack of effort.

Do not support giving a sweetener, at least not anything of value.

Agreed, on no to sweetener. This team simply can't afford to give up any major assets.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
You want a cancer on the Comets infecting our prospects there like OJ?

As obvious of a negative value asset Eriksson is at this point, I'm completely fine with him in Utica and I feel as if this "locker room cancer" or whatever narrative is really strange and baseless.

Sending him to the AHL and hoping he retires is the obvious maneuver.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zippgunn

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Turning it back again to the Friedman report - if it’s correct (and Friedman is very credible) then that has to mean that we had a trade worked out but Eriksson blocked it. There is no other reason that we would need to threaten Utica to get him to loosen trade protection.

That is massive and fascinating news on several levels and will continue to be the biggest news story for this team for the rest of the summer.

Personally I strongly feel this means he blocked a trade to Edmonton. Others may feel differently.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Turning it back again to the Friedman report - if it’s correct (and Friedman is very credible) then that has to mean that we had a trade worked out but Eriksson blocked it. There is no other reason that we would need to threaten Utica to get him to loosen trade protection.

That is massive and fascinating news on several levels and will continue to be the biggest news story for this team for the rest of the summer.

Personally I strongly feel this means he blocked a trade to Edmonton. Others may feel differently.
I hope that isn’t true as that could mean Lucic coming here.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014

A trade of Eriksson and Beagle was suggested for Bobby Ryan, which would save about 10m in real salary over 3 seasons for the Senators after Beagle's bonus is paid and about 1m a season eating up a 4th line spot on the team. The Senators could then conceivably, if they felt it was worth it, retain a million or so on Beagle and move him for a 3rd or so to a playoff team wth an internal cap, who would then have a good 4th line centre for around 800k a season. So the Sens save 10 million and get a pick, the Canucks save over a million in cap and get rid of Eriksson, and a third team gets a bargain 4th liner. I say all this just to show that there are scenarios that would work and benefit everyone that don't involve the Canucks giving up assets.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014

No, it doesn't. It could mean the Eriksson privately expressed an unwillingness to move, or that his agent did, or that during a general conversation about the possibility of a trade he said he wasn't willing to move to any team other than one of his choice, such as Dallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad