Loui Eriksson:New and Improved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
The bummer is like we mentioned before, his linemates continue to do him little to no favors in terms of getting him assists. Man that pass he put on 18's stick from the boards sending Reilly on a break was a thing of beauty. That should have been an apple for Loui.

Kelly is an anchor on their line once they cross the opposing blue line

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
You know, I'd try Sodeberg with the Bergeron line instead. I've seen Smith there and while they can certainly get away with it, he's simply not good enough in that spot. Plus I think his skills would fit better on the 4th with Kelly and Talbot. Either way, Campbell needs to take a seat.

I don't normally do lineups, but here's what I'd like to see:

Loui, DK, Connolly
Marchand, PB, Soda
Lucic, Spooner, Pasta
Talbot, Kelly, Smith

I think that would give some serious depth and allow them to roll three legitimate scoring lines. The negative is that Paille and Campbell both work on the PK, so it's likely Julien would never even consider this. But lets be honest. You have PB, LE, BM, DK, CK, and MT that can all kill penalties, so it really shouldn't be a prohibitive concept to bench Campbell.

I like the look of that. But can Soda play RW?

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
No clue, but maybe not playing center would take some pressure off him. I know they had him on the wing initially, but I don't recall which one he played.

He can't see out of his left eye so he probably can't, plus I think he's said he can't play RW

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island
No clue, but maybe not playing center would take some pressure off him. I know they had him on the wing initially, but I don't recall which one he played.

I think that -- with regard to the possibility of utilizing Yeti on the wing (where he started before/during the failed Cup run and in the earlier portion of his first full NHL season last year) -- his vision problem is overblown. Yes his game reached a whole new level upon being given the keys to play his natural position, but it is important to remember that his initial struggles and lack of consistency was also strongly related to the process of getting acclimated to the NHL game as well as the North American ice surface. Many here might recall #34 getting knocked off his balance and falling all over the ice pretty frequently as a result of backing into/hitting the boards... it was clear that he was still trying to get comfortable playing on the smaller ice surface. And he happened to be playing on the wing during this process.

I don't doubt for a second that he prefers playing in the middle--- but now that he has grown accustomed to the NHL game and ice surface I'd bet he could play on the wing with better results than before.

Also, all of Soderberg's previous experience on the wing in Boston has been exclusively at LW. I'm almost positive that playing on the right side is not an option outside of power play situations.

boss3252

Oct 14, 2007
Eriksson has had a good year defensively and offensively. Would be interesting to see him play with Soderberg and Krecji. He played most of the year with Kelly. Enough said

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I cannot get over how slick his goal was last night. When he held on that extra second I was like "great, there goes his chance" and then he held on another second and then roofed it. I couldn't believe it.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Ditto. That was amazing.

it reminded me of that Krejci goal last year where Iginla led the rush and then fed it back to Krejci and DK held on for what seemed like forever before he buried it.

It was that same sort of feeling where I was screaming in my head "shooooot" except this was even more impressive because it was on the backhand.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
it reminded me of that Krejci goal last year where Iginla led the rush and then fed it back to Krejci and DK held on for what seemed like forever before he buried it.

It was that same sort of feeling where I was screaming in my head "shooooot" except this was even more impressive because it was on the backhand.

I thought so too. :laugh:

Goal-scorer's goal, as they say. Zero panic, just calculation.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
But he missed an open net 7 games ago so he sucks, we need "more" out of him... 2nd in points is not satisfactory, he needs to be 1st in points because he was traded for Seguin. Anything less is unacceptable. So what if he scored a highlight reel goal tonight, why didn't he score 2 highlight reel goals??

Exactly.

No matter what he does for some people *cough* LSCII *cough* it will never be enough.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Exactly.

No matter what he does for some people *cough* LSCII *cough* it will never be enough.

Don't try to drag me back into this nonsense, just because you don't understand my point and think I'm being critical of the guy....:laugh:

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
You know, I'd try Sodeberg with the Bergeron line instead. I've seen Smith there and while they can certainly get away with it, he's simply not good enough in that spot. Plus I think his skills would fit better on the 4th with Kelly and Talbot. Either way, Campbell needs to take a seat.

I don't normally do lineups, but here's what I'd like to see:

Loui, DK, Connolly
Marchand, PB, Soda
Lucic, Spooner, Pasta
Talbot, Kelly, Smith

I think that would give some serious depth and allow them to roll three legitimate scoring lines. The negative is that Paille and Campbell both work on the PK, so it's likely Julien would never even consider this. But lets be honest. You have PB, LE, BM, DK, CK, and MT that can all kill penalties, so it really shouldn't be a prohibitive concept to bench Campbell.
Swap Bergy and Soda and you're onto a winner, Soda wouldn't be good at RW and Bergy excels there, everybody wins, i hope its at least tried as i said about Betgy DK, Bergy can still take the draws

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I cannot get over how slick his goal was last night. When he held on that extra second I was like "great, there goes his chance" and then he held on another second and then roofed it. I couldn't believe it.

Here we go...the legend continues

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Here we go...the legend continues

thanks for the smartass response. guess some people won't even let you say one positive thing about the guy.

I'm not saying anything absurd like "we won the trade". Simply pointing out that he scored a really nice goal. Why does even a tiny sliver of positive feeling about the guy offend you so much?

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
thanks for the smartass response. guess some people won't even let you say one positive thing about the guy.

I'm not saying anything absurd like "we won the trade". Simply pointing out that he scored a really nice goal. Why does even a tiny sliver of positive feeling about the guy offend you so much?

Because he isn't Tyler Seguin and GoBs is determined to hold that against him forever.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
He's had some real dominant shifts. He's been a difference maker and has played consistent hockey. Definitely one of our brightest spots this year. Keep goin Lou!!

One thing: It would be criminal if Eriksson was traded over Smith. Please make the right decision on this one Pete.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
He can't see out of his left eye so he probably can't, plus I think he's said he can't play RW
I don't know, he made a sick pass to Pastrnak from the right wall in the OT winner against the Canes. But ideally yeah, it would makes sense for him not to.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
He's had some real dominant shifts. He's been a difference maker and has played consistent hockey. Definitely one of our brightest spots this year. Keep goin Lou!!

One thing: It would be criminal if Eriksson was traded over Smith. Please make the right decision on this one Pete.

I think if a team convinces themselves loui is back (60-70pts back) and is willing to pay the bruins for that, he should be traded over smith. A top 15 pick and a prospect/young dman for loui I'd do in a heartbeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad