Loui Eriksson:New and Improved

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
So your only beef with Eriksson, & the reason you lead this thread in posts is because Loui is capable of more offensively? Name a Bruin who ISN'T capable of more this season? Are you in ever player discussion thread leading in posts?? Without checking I highly doubt it. You certainly have an agenda and you are slowly starting the back peddling now as Loui is close to leading this team in scoring.

I'll call a spade a spade and in this thread you're a spade

You believe whatever you want. And I'm sure next time there's a perceived slight on Loui, you'll be here to defend him!! :sarcasm:

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia
You'd think, but he seems dead set against it. He was supposed to in preseason, but LE only played with Lucic for a short time and when DK finally played, LE was nowhere to be found on that line. He's had chances since too, but he's stayed miles away.

Maybe the combination of Kretch not gelling with Bergy/Marchand and Smith hopefully rediscoving a touch of his game on that line puts Krejci, Soda and Lou together.

I know some here think that that means Lou and Krejci are playing 3rd line minutes, but I see 3 sets of 1st/2nd lines, or 9 top sixers if you will.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
You believe whatever you want. And I'm sure next time there's a perceived slight on Loui, you'll be here to defend him!! :sarcasm:

You have 87 posts in this thread criticizing Loui. Your next highest total is 13 in the Spooner thread. Agenda. The guy is 2nd on the team in scoring. Where is the criticism of the 3rd 4th 5th 6th scorer on this team? Why aren't you posting in those threads looking for "more"?

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
You have 87 posts in this thread criticizing Loui. Your next highest total is 13 in the Spooner thread. Agenda. The guy is 2nd on the team in scoring. Where is the criticism of the 3rd 4th 5th 6th scorer on this team? Why aren't you posting in those threads looking for "more"?

Name one player on the team with a better career high in goals than Eriksson? Only Krejci can match Eriksson's best season in points. Fact is, Eriksson has shown in the past enough offensive LEADER, not second best, third best blah blah blah.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada

Yeah I verified this more than a month ago. I can't recall what his defence was, so I just dropped it. I don't think there's much else that needs to be said, the posting totals speak volumes.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Name one player on the team with a better career high in goals than Eriksson? Only Krejci can match Eriksson's best season in points. Fact is, Eriksson has shown in the past enough offensive LEADER, not second best, third best blah blah blah.

Ummm while in Dallas he was 1st 2nd or 3rd in a tight race with Benn or Richards typically. Same as he is now.

Considering Eriksson's career average is 23 goals per season and he's 4 shy of it right now I'd say he's in good shape.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA

Pretty tough to repeat that kind of production when you're not playing with guys like Richards and Benn and instead Soderberg and Kelly. I still think Soderberg is one of the best 3rd line centers in the league but he's still a 2nd-3rd line tweener at best and Kelly is a meh 3rd liner at this point in his career. Loui has the same amount of goals as both of them combined. Jamie Benn is one of the best LWs in the league and Richards used to be a top flight PPG+ number 1 center. And while he leads this team in ice time he was still receiving more es and pp minutes in Dallas.

If he can be second playing with those guys imagine what he could do with actual top-6 players.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Or I just find the topic fascinating. But okay, agenda. Because you said so.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Sure. I agree. And next year, I really want him with DK and contributing more offensively, because he's too good not to.

Easy,

you put eriksson-krecji together and give them a new rw/Connolly,
they need someone who's 1st thought in the offensive zone is to shoot the puck.
Yeti and kelly aren't exatcly that, nor is smith.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Easy,

I like the sounds of that line, tbh. Keeps Pasta/spooner/lucic together too...

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Yeah I verified this more than a month ago. I can't recall what his defence was, so I just dropped it. I don't think there's much else that needs to be said, the posting totals speak volumes.

You dropped it because I used logic and reason to demonstrate your theory was nonsense. That's why you have selective amnesia. It didn't fit your BS.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I like the sounds of that line, tbh. Keeps Pasta/spooner/lucic together too...

Yep, Lucic has to try more when he plays with the kids, and that krecji line would be a wasted line if you won't give them a shooter, Connolly has some size and shoot 1st attitude, could be a good fit, but still we'll have to find a rw for bergeron, Smith just doesn't fit there.

We need 3 scoring lines that are working well together, to overcome the lack of elite talent and I'd definitely try this.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The topic has been a lot of thinks. Fascinating sure isn't one of them.

Not to point out the obvious, but if you don't find this topic to be interesting, why do you post so frequently in it? Wouldn't it be easier to simply not post in a thread dedicated to a subject you don't find interesting? Kind of says everything, doesn't it?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Yep, Lucic has to try more when he plays with the kids, and that krecji line would be a wasted line if you won't give them a shooter, Connolly has some size and shoot 1st attitude, could be a good fit, but still we'll have to find a rw for bergeron, Smith just doesn't fit there.

We need 3 scoring lines that are working well together, to overcome the lack of elite talent and I'd definitely try this.

This is exactly 100% right. Couldn't have said it better myself.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Marchand-Bergeron-Connolly
Eriksson-Krejci-Smith
Lucic-Spooner-Pastrnak
Kelly-Soderberg-Talbot/Paille

4 scoring lines. Do it.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Most consistent net front presence on the entire team. You win playoff games with guys that do that. The rest is gravy.

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia
Easy,

Forgot about Connolly. I like our options going forward.

Might wind up seeing Lucic back with Krejci and then adding Lou, we could try the kids with another young guy in Connolly. Then Bergy's line with either Smith or Soda...yeah, I like where this could go.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I think it'd most likely end up being Lucic-Krejci-Connolly for top line duties. Or whatever line, I don't think we have a top line anymore, we just have 3 solid lines

Id love Loui to be able to just play left wing with Krejci, he's destined for that spot.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

So, what's your point? Loui gets a pass because he scored over 30 goals (36) once, SIX years ago on a different team. The problem with the B's isn't just 21, it's that they have too many players like him: good, solid two-way players that can't finish.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
I think it'd most likely end up being Lucic-Krejci-Connolly for top line duties. Or whatever line, I don't think we have a top line anymore, we just have 3 solid lines

Id love Loui to be able to just play left wing with Krejci, he's destined for that spot.

Bit of a derail, but it strikes me as unlikely to take Lucic off the kids line now this close to the playoffs. I think they'd have already done it (in practice at least) if they were even considering it. Chemistry in hockey is everything, and if they're getting these 3 used to playing with each other, I'd say it's with the intention of keeping them together. Particularly under a coach like Claude.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
So, what's your point? Loui gets a pass because he scored over 30 goals (36) once, SIX years ago on a different team. The problem with the B's isn't just 21, it's that they have too many players like him: good, solid two-way players that can't finish.

Loui's career average goals is 23. He's not too far off that. I'd say he's way down the list of B's problems

Highway Man

Oct 8, 2014
Eriksson has been one of the few bright spots of this forward group. I see the same posters in here knocking him repeatedly despite him being the teams second leading scorer. I agree with above posters, this is agenda driven. Blatantly obvious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad