Not open for further replies.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
haters-gonna-hate.jpg

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Impressions of Louie? Always thought he was extremely underrated, not getting nearly the hype he deserved.

Carried Dallas on his shoulders for years, then traded to Boston where he initially didn't perform like he used to, but later on when he turned his game around it still seemed like most Bruins fans were dissatisfied with him. Probably due to the way he plays the game, which is smartness, work ethic and positioning, not physically or technically dominating the opposition.

Am I way off, regarding how this fan base views him?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Impressions of Louie? Always thought he was extremely underrated, not getting nearly the hype he deserved. Carried Dallas on his shoulders for years, then traded to Boston where he initially didn't perform like he used to, but later on when he turned his game around it still seemed like most Bruins fans were dissatisfied with him. Probably due to the way he plays the game, which is smartness, work ethic and positioning, not physically or technically dominating the opposition.

They take the Seguin trade out on him.

Me? I think hes finally coming out of his concussion fog, like Bergeron did, and more like Dallas Loui the last couple of months.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Impressions of Louie? Always thought he was extremely underrated, not getting nearly the hype he deserved.

Carried Dallas on his shoulders for years, then traded to Boston where he initially didn't perform like he used to, but later on when he turned his game around it still seemed like most Bruins fans were dissatisfied with him. Probably due to the way he plays the game, which is smartness, work ethic and positioning, not physically or technically dominating the opposition.

I think it's starting to change bit by bit.

ska8ter8808

Jul 3, 2006
Massachusetts

It mostly has to do with Seguin, which isn't his fault.

I think fans were sold a bill of goods that he would be a 1st line winger who would put high 20s to low 30s goals every year and be "Bergeron-esque" two-way game.

He has not been that good. What he has been in the past three months or so is promising though.

He just sort of seems like the type of guy who should never really be in any team's core and that type of player will always be expendable. Solid, but he is a pretty meh player, not the center-piece of a deal for a budding star like Seguin. Again, I'll say that is Chiarelli's fault, not Eriksson, but I am pretty sure that is why he gets the hate at times.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
But he missed an open net 7 games ago so he sucks, we need "more" out of him... 2nd in points is not satisfactory, he needs to be 1st in points because he was traded for Seguin. Anything less is unacceptable. So what if he scored a highlight reel goal tonight, why didn't he score 2 highlight reel goals??

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
But he missed an open net 7 games ago so he sucks, we need "more" out of him... 2nd in points is not satisfactory, he needs to be 1st in points because he was traded for Seguin. Anything less is unacceptable. So what if he scored a highlight reel goal tonight, why didn't he score 2 highlight reel goals??

The bummer is like we mentioned before, his linemates continue to do him little to no favors in terms of getting him assists. Man that pass he put on 18's stick from the boards sending Reilly on a break was a thing of beauty. That should have been an apple for Loui.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
The bummer is like we mentioned before, his linemates continue to do him little to no favors in terms of getting him assists. Man that pass he put on 18's stick from the boards sending Reilly on a break was a thing of beauty. That should have been an apple for Loui.

There were 2 passes made by him landing right on the goal mouth that were legitimate scoring chances.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
There were 2 passes made by him landing right on the goal mouth that were legitimate scoring chances.

It's why he should be and needs to be playing with DK. I'd try a line of Connolly, DK, and Loui to see what you have.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Marchand-Bergeron-Smith again?

Soderberg-Kelly-Talbot?

You know, I'd try Sodeberg with the Bergeron line instead. I've seen Smith there and while they can certainly get away with it, he's simply not good enough in that spot. Plus I think his skills would fit better on the 4th with Kelly and Talbot. Either way, Campbell needs to take a seat.

I don't normally do lineups, but here's what I'd like to see:

Loui, DK, Connolly
Marchand, PB, Soda
Lucic, Spooner, Pasta
Talbot, Kelly, Smith

I think that would give some serious depth and allow them to roll three legitimate scoring lines. The negative is that Paille and Campbell both work on the PK, so it's likely Julien would never even consider this. But lets be honest. You have PB, LE, BM, DK, CK, and MT that can all kill penalties, so it really shouldn't be a prohibitive concept to bench Campbell.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
He also had a filthy little spin pass down the right side to Soderberg out front that almost worked out. I swear Soderberg has a shattered wrist or something. Some of his one timers lately have been flubbers or real weak and on the ground.

Anyway, I'm pumped for Eriksson and he is one of our best wingers. I hope he stays in the offseason and we move some other forwards for some D help

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
He also had a filthy little spin pass down the right side to Soderberg out front that almost worked out. I swear Soderberg has a shattered wrist or something. Some of his one timers lately have been flubbers or real weak and on the ground.

Anyway, I'm pumped for Eriksson and he is one of our best wingers. I hope he stays in the offseason and we move some other forwards for some D help

Soderberg makes me shake my head at least twice a game but he has been better for 7 or 8 games. They absolutely have to keep Kelly off that line as some of Soderberg's recent better play coincides with Kelly's removal from that line. As for Eriksson,he should be part of this team for 2-3 more years. I wonder how the 13 Cup run would have gone with Eriksson instead of Boy Wonder.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

I think as stated above some part of the issue is the Seguin deal and people will never accept him as enough. Face it if Louis plays 5 more years here. Smith spends 6 more years here in the top 6, and Morrow comes up and makes a few NHL all star games as a 10 year fixture in the top 4 of the Bruins defense, there is a portion of the fanbase who will dislike them all because they hate the trade.

But you are correct, there is also a solid minority in the Bruins fanbase who don't like Euro players in general, and will never like Loui because they do not respect the way he plays the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad