Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I think this thread title should be:

"Eriksson, what he always was when he wasn't concussed"*

Fixed this for you so it was accurate.

*Except that he wasn't concussed during the lockout year and statistically was the same as his first year in Boston.

I mean, his last month has been great in terms of his production, but even over the course of this season, he's still at .63 PPG, which is on par with the .60 and .61 PPG the lockout year and last season. Which is far lower than .87,.92, and .87 PPG the three previous years, no?

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008

*Except that he wasn't concussed during the lockout year and statistically was the same as his first year in Boston.

I mean, his last month has been great in terms of his production, but even over the course of this season, he's still at .63 PPG, which is on par with the .60 and .61 PPG the lockout year and last season. Which is far lower than .87,.92, and .87 PPG the three previous years, no?

Forwards come to Boston all of the time and their production just shoots through the roof.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Forwards come to Boston all of the time and their production just shoots through the roof.

Listen, I'm happy with how Loui has produced over the last month, and I fully expect his PPG numbers to get better as long as he keeps playing this way. What they ultimately end up being, I really couldn't care less. I'm just happy he's showing signs of improvement. I also don't think there's the need for a "I told you so" type of post like we see here, especially since as I pointed out, he's still much closer to the last 2 years than his high points in Dallas. It's a good start. Let's hope he keeps it going.

NiftyWasNasty

Nasty in a good way
Dec 29, 2014

How many players in the NHL had sub par statistical seasons during the lock-out season?

It's your prerogative to believe what you want...if you want to see a trend there you will.

For me a statistically low number during the shortened season...followed by another statistically low number in a season in which he received TWO CONCUSSIONS...doesn't add up to a trending down player...

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
How many players in the NHL had sub par statistical seasons during the lock-out season?

It's your prerogative to believe what you want...if you want to see a trend there you will.

For me a statistically low number during the shortened season...followed by another statistically low number in a season in which he received TWO CONCUSSIONS...doesn't add up to a trending down player...

Don't bother- it's a shell game.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

Not at 27 years old it doesn't. That strike season should be totally ignored,4 games in 7 days for weeks after careers of 2-3 games a year. The strike season and then the TWO CONCUSSIONS led a lot of fans astray. Not that anyone should have learned anything from Bergeron or Savard or anything.

NiftyWasNasty

Nasty in a good way
Dec 29, 2014
Not that anyone should have learned anything from Bergeron or Savard or anything.

I know, maybe if this franchise had been seriously impacted by the effects of concussions there would be more of an understanding of their impact...:shakehead

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
11 points last 11 games.

great active stick(*lonnieface*), winning puck battles along the boards, getting to the front of the net. funneling dman to one side of the ice....

i really like his game.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Not at 27 years old it doesn't. That strike season should be totally ignored,4 games in 7 days for weeks after careers of 2-3 games a year. The strike season and then the TWO CONCUSSIONS led a lot of fans astray. Not that anyone should have learned anything from Bergeron or Savard or anything.

The difference between you and I?

You think evidence should be ignored when forming an opinion. I think it should be considered.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

I'm just pointing out that it's a little early to be crowing. Be happy he's playing well, and producing, but there's literally no need for the post that touched this off.

Arthur*

On any given night you don't know whether you'll get Dallas Loui or concussion Loui. The former has been appearing more frequently lately, so I'm hoping he's finally back to himself.

The third line looked good again last night, though not as impactful as Monday. Could be that their ice time gets slashed with Bergeron and Lucic back.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Well Seguins stats sucked the lockout season too. Loui's stats weren't the only ones.

I think the concussions set Loui back and right now he is one of the few forwards producing consistently.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
OK...let me know when its OK to chime in again...

Is .63 PPG closer to .92 PPG or is it closer to .61 PPG? The last ten games or so, he's been great. Looks a million times better than he had and he's had a nice little point streak on top of it all. Let's just be happy with that improvement and hope it continues. At the end of the season, where he ends up PPG wise will be where he ends up. No need to pat yourself on the back (not directed at you, just in general), nor is there a need to deride the guy. Just enjoy the way he's been playing for the last month and hope it continues.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
He's .800 since US Thanksgiving and .917 in his last dozen games...What's that closer to?

That's a great stretch, which I've said multiple times. But that's 10-11 games out of 38. So a third to a quarter of the season, he's produced at a good rate. The rest of the season he's under produced, and when you average it out, it's about what he did last year, no? .61 to .63 PPG.

So again, good stretch, hope it continues, but is it really logical to say "this is the Eriksson we expected" when he's on par statistically with a season from last year that was universally regarded as bad, regardless of what reason you attribute it to? That's what I take issue with. Not that people are happy with this latest stretch, but to make a prognostication that he's been the guy we expected, all while he's doing the same as the last 2 seasons, production wise, well that's not true. He's been good over the last month. He's played better, but produced at the same rate when looked at in it's entirety. So I find the announcement that he's the guy we expected to be premature.

And again, if he keeps it up, I fully expect those PPG numbers to rise, which is why I said worry about that at the end of the season. Just enjoy the good hockey he's played and hope it continues, because the team needs him to produce.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
again..this is your thread...let me know when it's OK to call this one....I think it WAS the TWO CONCUSSIONS...

Man you are obtuse as hell. You can chime in whenever you want, I just find the chest thumping over a decent 11 game stretch to be a bit much, after he under produced for most of the last two seasons. But hey, have at it hoss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad