Lou Lamoriello is making a real old school statement and sending a message to the league

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
after the Isles season ends sometime late tuesday evening, the cold hard facts will rear their ugly heads...no draft picks because Lou traded them all away... cap hell because of the numerous bad long contracts handed out by Lou...the league gave Lou this GM of the year award as a consolation feel good award for Lou's many years in the league..not for anything he has done, if not for the pause the Isles were on a 8 game losing streak about to miss the playoffs and they got a gift reprieve....then had to face 3 cream puff teams in this years wacky playoffs before being finally exposed as pretenders
OH no, not draft picks!
We have a shiny new goalie coming on board next season and about 3-5 guys waiting to come up to contribute, and these guys will be groomed by Lou and Trotz, not Cappy and Snow.

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY
after the Isles season ends sometime late tuesday evening, the cold hard facts will rear their ugly heads...no draft picks because Lou traded them all away... cap hell because of the numerous bad long contracts handed out by Lou...the league gave Lou this GM of the year award as a consolation feel good award for Lou's many years in the league..not for anything he has done, if not for the pause the Isles were on a 8 game losing streak about to miss the playoffs and they got a gift reprieve....then had to face 3 cream puff teams in this years wacky playoffs before being finally exposed as pretenders

How’s that Belmont arena construction going? You know the one where it was your mantra that it would never be built. Please keep posting your inane takes though. We love them.

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
How’s that Belmont arena construction going? You know the one where it was your mantra that it would never be built. Please keep posting your inane takes though. We love them.

the construction seems to be going very well, I pass it everyday on my way to work, however the problem is by the time the Isle get to play in it they will be a last place team with no draft picks and cap problems.

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
OH no, not draft picks!
We have a shiny new goalie coming on board next season and about 3-5 guys waiting to come up to contribute, and these guys will be groomed by Lou and Trotz, not Cappy and Snow.

shiny new goalie has not a played a minute of NHL hockey, dont count your chickens yet, he could be a bust

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY
the construction seems to be going very well, I pass it everyday on my way to work, however the problem is by the time the Isle get to play in it they will be a last team with no draft picks and cap problems.

Please keep those great hot takes coming. Do you have a hockey podcast? Cause I think you should have a hockey podcast.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
OH no, not draft picks!
Definitely sire. And Trotz already said about Lou after Lou won the award of being the best manager 2019-2020. Trotz said: ""Lou has been in the game a long time," Trotz said. "[He] understands the person really well. It's not necessarily can he shoot a puck, can he pass a puck. There's the other stuff. And that's where I think Lou's been really exceptional at when he looks at certain people."

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/nhl-lou-lamoriello-general-manager-gm-year-award-1.5722262 In this interview.

Also uh, Lou KNEW hot to get TROTZ and HE GOT HIM. Nobody else could. Cause Lou is the realest man at 78 year old and He is the best of the best right now in this history of time. There have been a couple of other great general managers, but right now Lou is the biggest, godfather of them all. That's why he wins and it doesn't matter wich team even wins the stanley cup. Lou brought the islanders into the conference finals for the first time in 27 years (!) :clap: I'm standing again here and laughing manicly out loud.

Reactions: PaulD

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Yeah but how would Matthews moustache exist if Lou was still around? That’s the real reason they had to let him go.
That and Lou just expects players to keep their pants on in public.

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I honestly think that the current NYI success has far more to do with going from having coaches who weren't NHL caliber to having one of the best head coaches in modern history.

The roster is quite similar to what Snow left the team with minus Tavares, plus Pageau, Greene & Varlamov.

The NYI were not a bad team the last several years, they were just coached by people who had no business being a head coach in the NHL. As for Lou, I'm glad he righted the ship, but in terms of players, yeah he hasn't really done a ton.
Who hired those coaches.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Sincerely, deeply, hope and and pray that the Islanders get nowhere near Lord Stanley but gotta give it where it's due.....why the hell did Toronto get rid of Lamoriello? One hundred point team and on the way up....I really don't get it at all.
As Chelios said in his book. On Brendan Shanahan ; "he has the ability to make people around him think he is way smarter than he is"

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
trotz > new york islanders

a good coach can get you to the ECFs apparently. islanders are a good team, but ran into a great team. coach can only do so much to mitigate that outcome.
Isles Doing better against the Stanley Cup favorites than any team yet this run.

Reactions: 2ndGenIslander

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Definitely sire. And Trotz already said about Lou after Lou won the award of being the best manager 2019-2020. Trotz said: ""Lou has been in the game a long time," Trotz said. "[He] understands the person really well. It's not necessarily can he shoot a puck, can he pass a puck. There's the other stuff. And that's where I think Lou's been really exceptional at when he looks at certain people."

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/nhl-lou-lamoriello-general-manager-gm-year-award-1.5722262 In this interview.

Also uh, Lou KNEW hot to get TROTZ and HE GOT HIM. Nobody else could. Cause Lou is the realest man at 78 year old and He is the best of the best right now in this history of time. There have been a couple of other great general managers, but right now Lou is the biggest, godfather of them all. That's why he wins and it doesn't matter wich team even wins the stanley cup. Lou brought the islanders into the conference finals for the first time in 27 years (!) :clap: I'm standing again here and laughing manicly out loud.
and Shanahans leafs have yet to win a single round.

Reactions: Luckylarry

carparkno1

Oct 12, 2011
It's so satisfying reading these atrocious takes on the Isles. If they win game six they are one game from the finals.

One game. How the hell is anyone going to spin the Isles as being in a bad place lol

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
It's so satisfying reading these atrocious takes on the Isles. If they win game six they are one game from the finals.

One game. How the hell is anyone going to spin the Isles as being in a bad place lol

The Islanders have had a first round pick in 9 of the last 10 drafts and 2 first round picks in 5 of them. But because LL traded a first this year for an actual NHL player who is helping the Islanders win actual NHL playoff games this correlates to being in a bad place. Can't make this stuff up...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad