Lou Lamoriello is making a real old school statement and sending a message to the league

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I mean how much respect can we all have for this great ice hockey man. The godfather in hockey. Everybody knows the Lou, but not all are right now noticing how Lou is making a real statement and sending a message to the NHL. The whole world really. He is right now builded his team just the old school way, the way he won stanley cups and nothing, nothing has changed sire. Nothing, the sport is still pure and the same. Lou keeps it real and shows that Dubas for example in toronto is not doing it right. Toronto made Lou leave the state as he made the real turn in toronto and showed how they can be a winning team again. Lou, the old great was apparentily not enough for toronto as they went the young route. The wrong route. Now toronto has dolls playing, not real men like Lou. Lou took his souljas with him. Matt Martin again and Komarov with him. Now he is advancing in the playoffs and prevailing real hard.

Look how Lou does it. Gets the best coach available. A real winner in Trotz, Barry. And makes his fourth line the goon line that can play the game too. Matt Martin - Cizikas - Clutterbuck is one of the hardest lines in todays game and they still KEEP WINNING in the playoffs and giving a chance at the stanley cup. Lou knows this. Toronto for example (I'm a fan of the maple leafs) is not doing anything with its dolls. Soft and tender.
Toronto didn't want winners like Martin and Komarov cheap, but only doll millionares who can't win. Anythang. Lou left toronto, and still played his chess hard. Took his cheap souljas with him, whom he knew they could win with. Dubas didn't know anything about anything real in ice hockey. I'ma toronto maple leafs die hard fan. Lou send a message to toronto. He's not to be dirted with. Lou does what he wants, others do what they can.

Lou builds it 1995 way. The dirty third line is Pageau and Leo Komarov. That's so hard and nice. They don't have to have players like tavares so they can win. Lou knows this. He builds it the correct way. Others should just learn and take notes off the smoke. Lou, you have done it again and gain so much of my respect and applause :clap: You did it again paps. You are the realest ice hockey man in the world sire. You send the message to the world and league: You don't have to doll that thang up. Just get stoners and workers like Komarov, Martin, Cizikas and Clutterbuck cheap and make a team. The game ain't changed. Neither is the greatest winner after Claude Lemieux and with Claude Lemieux: Named Lou Lamoriello. Big props here :clap: You send the message to everybody. You can still build it hard and heavy. Still prevail and move on. Stanley cup is now possible again. Learn bout life. I love life. :heart:

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I honestly think that the current NYI success has far more to do with going from having coaches who weren't NHL caliber to having one of the best head coaches in modern history.

The roster is quite similar to what Snow left the team with minus Tavares, plus Pageau, Greene & Varlamov.

The NYI were not a bad team the last several years, they were just coached by people who had no business being a head coach in the NHL. As for Lou, I'm glad he righted the ship, but in terms of players, yeah he hasn't really done a ton.

DirtDiver

Aug 14, 2017
Canada
I dont know wtf you are trying to say here. First off Lou did not build the NYI team since he only been there a couple of years. Yes he has made a few minor moves after he couldnt resign the top player for his team. Yes he did try to resign him. The problem was he failed at that(not his fault) but still failed. Then he did what every other coach does in this league. Fill in the roster with players he can afford. Yes GMs try to get old players that they like because they fit the style he is looking for. So did he really build this team the old school way or did he just tweak what the last GM did to the team? Now if this was after he spent 10 years with the team and was having success. Built the team through his own drafting and signings then i would say yes he did it the old school way.

But really this thread just sounds like you are but hurt that the leafs let him go and is having great success in his new job. BTW i think their success is more from the coach and not the new GM.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I dont know wtf you are trying to say here. First off Lou did not build the NYI team since he only been there a couple of years. Yes he has made a few minor moves after he couldnt resign the top player for his team. Yes he did try to resign him. The problem was he failed at that(not his fault) but still failed. Then he did what every other coach does in this league. Fill in the roster with players he can afford. Yes GMs try to get old players that they like because they fit the style he is looking for. So did he really build this team the old school way or did he just tweak what the last GM did to the team? Now if this was after he spent 10 years with the team and was having success. Built the team through his own drafting and signings then i would say yes he did it the old school way.

But really this thread just sounds like you are but hurt that the leafs let him go and is having great success in his new job. BTW i think their success is more from the coach and not the new GM.
But Lou Knew sire. Lou knew whom to play and come with him hard from toronto. He TOOK KOMAROV AND MATT MARTIN on the same airplane. That's hard right there sire :clap: Also Lou brought in Pageau (key). And didn't need Tavares.

Lou's one of his biggest key gettings was of course Barry Trotz. Lou KNEW) Trotz would be fire and right. Toronto didn't know anything. Dubas didn't. He doesn't understand ice hockey and life the Lou Lamoriello does, period.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
After giving out the Zaitsev and Marleau contracts, which cost the team assets to get rid of, I'm frankly not shocked they chose Dubas over Lou.

Also, are we forgetting the state that Lou left the Devils in?
Lou Lamoriello didn't have to leave the new jersey devils (his home and huge buildment) in a state at all. (He already WON EVERYTHING there is to WIN in New jersey. He also did whatever he wanted. Even coached there. What a real old hockey man. Not many have them anymore. And now look at this dinosaurus. He sending message to the whole world that the game can still be played and WON by players like komarov, pageau, matt, clutterbuck and Cizikas in the same lineup pushing thangs and doing thangs. That's hard right there. What changed in the game and how it can be won sire`? Nothing. Lou knows this and this is a statement to everybody, young especially. The whole world.

DirtDiver

Aug 14, 2017
Canada
But Lou Knew sire. Lou knew whom to play and come with him hard from toronto. He TOOK KOMAROV AND MATT MARTIN on the same airplane. That's hard right there sire :clap: Also Lou brought in Pageau (key). And didn't need Tavares.

Lou's one of his biggest key gettings was of course Barry Trotz. Lou KNEW) Trotz would be fire and right. Toronto didn't know anything. Dubas didn't. He doesn't understand ice hockey and life the Lou Lamoriello does, period.

Yes he hired the top coach :clap:. The only thing he knew was his old record as a coach. So he KNEW he was really good. Anything after that is just HOPE. He hoped he could do the same thing he has always done.

As for Tavares its not that didnt need him its that he didnt want to play there. They did try to resign him. So your didnt need bs is out the window. Its not like they told him f off we dont need you lmao.

As for the signings the are very minor. Yes he got Pageau. Lots of teams wanted him. NYI just offered the best package for him.

Dont forget its the coach that has more to do with how the team plays then the GM who brings them in. I dont think Trotz takes any advice on how to coach his team.

Also how does the coach he picked have to do with building the team the old school way?

So again how does these few minor moves he has done to the team that someone else built have to do with building a team the old school way?

I am not saying that Lou is bad at his job but the way you say he built this team the old school way is. HE did not build this team only made a few minor tweaks.

oilers2020

Aug 4, 2020
I mean how much respect can we all have for this great ice hockey man. The godfather in hockey. Everybody knows the Lou, but not all are right now noticing how Lou is making a real statement and sending a message to the NHL. The whole world really. He is right now builded his team just the old school way, the way he won stanley cups and nothing, nothing has changed sire. Nothing, the sport is still pure and the same. Lou keeps it real and shows that Dubas for example in toronto is not doing it right. Toronto made Lou leave the state as he made the real turn in toronto and showed how they can be a winning team again. Lou, the old great was apparentily not enough for toronto as they went the young route. The wrong route. Now toronto has dolls playing, not real men like Lou. Lou took his souljas with him. Matt Martin again and Komarov with him. Now he is advancing in the playoffs and prevailing real hard.

Look how Lou does it. Gets the best coach available. A real winner in Trotz, Barry. And makes his fourth line the goon line that can play the game too. Matt Martin - Cizikas - Clutterbuck is one of the hardest lines in todays game and they still KEEP WINNING in the playoffs and giving a chance at the stanley cup. Lou knows this. Toronto for example (I'm a fan of the maple leafs) is not doing anything with its dolls. Soft and tender.
Toronto didn't want winners like Martin and Komarov cheap, but only doll millionares who can't win. Anythang. Lou left toronto, and still played his chess hard. Took his cheap souljas with him, whom he knew they could win with. Dubas didn't know anything about anything real in ice hockey. I'ma toronto maple leafs die hard fan. Lou send a message to toronto. He's not to be dirted with. Lou does what he wants, others do what they can.

Lou builds it 1995 way. The dirty third line is Pageau and Leo Komarov. That's so hard and nice. They don't have to have players like tavares so they can win. Lou knows this. He builds it the correct way. Others should just learn and take notes off the smoke. Lou, you have done it again and gain so much of my respect and applause :clap: You did it again paps. You are the realest ice hockey man in the world sire. You send the message to the world and league: You don't have to doll that thang up. Just get stoners and workers like Komarov, Martin, Cizikas and Clutterbuck cheap and make a team. The game ain't changed. Neither is the greatest winner after Claude Lemieux and with Claude Lemieux: Named Lou Lamoriello. Big props here :clap: You send the message to everybody. You can still build it hard and heavy. Still prevail and move on. Stanley cup is now possible again. Learn bout life. I love life. :heart:

Yes he hired the top coach :clap:. The only thing he knew was his old record as a coach. So he KNEW he was really good. Anything after that is just HOPE. He hoped he could do the same thing he has always done.

As for Tavares its not that didnt need him its that he didnt want to play there. They did try to resign him. So your didnt need bs is out the window. Its not like they told him f off we dont need you lmao.

As for the signings the are very minor. Yes he got Pageau. Lots of teams wanted him. NYI just offered the best package for him.

Dont forget its the coach that has more to do with how the team plays then the GM who brings them in. I dont think Trotz takes any advice on how to coach his team.

Also how does the coach he picked have to do with building the team the old school way?

So again how does these few minor moves he has done to the team that someone else built have to do with building a team the old school way?

I am not saying that Lou is bad at his job but the way you say he built this team the old school way is. HE did not build this team only made a few minor tweaks.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Allan92

Jan 2, 2016
Meath
Sincerely, deeply, hope and and pray that the Islanders get nowhere near Lord Stanley but gotta give it where it's due.....why the hell did Toronto get rid of Lamoriello? One hundred point team and on the way up....I really don't get it at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad