Lou Lamoriello is making a real old school statement and sending a message to the league

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
Posters still coming out of the woodwork to denigrate our acquisition? And, a fan of one of the teams we eliminated in the playoffs? How refreshing. With the ages of the Flyers big guns, I guess imagining a crystal ball makes the off season more satisfying.
The Flyers signings are garbage too. JVR and Hayes' contracts are going to handicap the team for years. Contracts like these hardly ever work out, but shortsighted GMs keep making the same mistakes over and over.
Who's the woman beater btw. I'm an Isles fan and wasn't aware of this story. Serious question.
Varlamov.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

joemon999

Drive for 5
Sep 12, 2011
The Flyers signings are garbage too. JVR and Hayes' contracts are going to handicap the team for years. Contracts like these hardly ever work out, but shortsighted GMs keep making the same mistakes over and over.

Varlamov.

He's not a woman beater as he was proven innocent, and was actually awarded money in a counter suit for a false accusation. In fact, he was abused by his partner himself.

The fact that you're knowingly spreading a terrible false rumor about someone could be bannable.

oilers2020

Aug 4, 2020
All Lou did was hire Trotz and sign some fourth liners.

Okay... so fourth liners, a third line rental, a third pair D rental, and a woman beater. Isles are winning because of Trotz and players acquired before Lou was GM.

6 years at $5M for a career third liner who happens to be having his first decent season at 27. I'm sure that contract will work out well.

Varlamov.

seethe

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Who's the woman beater btw. I'm an Isles fan and wasn't aware of this story. Serious question.

Update: Just read up on the domestic violence case against Varlamov. Not only did the prosecution decline to try the case due to lack of evidence, Varlamov was awarded over $100,000 in a civil case due to what seems like was a false accusation by the accuser. No wonder I never heard of the "woman beater" allegations.

Guilty until proven innocent, and even if acquitted, guilty in the court of public opinion half the time. People should give Varlamov a break.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Guilty until proven innocent, and even if acquitted, guilty in the court of public opinion half the time. People should give Varlamov a break.
Yup that is the society we live in today. Everyone I’m sure remembers the Duke lacrosse sexual assault case which was totally false but those kids lives were ruined forever.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Yup that is the society we live in today. Everyone I’m sure remembers the Duke lacrosse sexual assault case which was totally false but those kids lives were ruined forever.

I think one of the is a lawyer and the other two are middle management at finance firms. All three are probably in the 1%. Not sure their lives are totally ruined?

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
I think one of the is a lawyer and the other two are middle management at finance firms. All three are probably in the 1%. Not sure their lives are totally ruined?
Lots of those kids are from Long Island. Many of them could not get a job because of what happened and therefore had to change there names. Saw a documentary really ffffed up what happened to those kids. These were not rich kids as many came from working class families who basically had to spend there life savings defending there sons on totally false charges.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
In fact, he was abused by his partner himself.
Not very long ago, this statement would have had people rolling in the aisles with laughter. If you refuse to hit back, it can certainly happen. Not counting mental abuse, which one of my good friends suffered through for years.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
I see Pageau as part of the solution, you do not. Hayes and JVR? Not on my team, I could care less(except Hayes has the Ranger stink on him).

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
He's not a woman beater as he was proven innocent, and was actually awarded money in a counter suit for a false accusation. In fact, he was abused by his partner himself.

The fact that you're knowingly spreading a terrible false rumor about someone could be bannable.
He was proven not guilty, not innocent, and just because the accuser was guilty of "abusing the process," that doesn't mean she wasn't beaten. I think Varlamov's defense of "her bruises weren't bad enough," proves he's a piece of ****.

EDIT: Lou is also content having a homicidal sociopath on the team. Just a fine group of fellas.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
He was proven not guilty, not innocent, and just because the accuser was guilty of "abusing the process," that doesn't mean she wasn't beaten. I think Varlamov's defense of "her bruises weren't bad enough," proves he's a piece of ****.

EDIT: Lou is also content having a homicidal sociopath on the team. Just a fine group of fellas.
A homicidal sociopath?

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj

Varlamov.

Hayes' value is beyond the numbers. He was strong on the puck all season. JVR's contract just simply blows.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Cizikas was literally convicted of homicide.
Cizikas was 15th year old and that was the result of an accidental play and he knows the player that died in the rugby game. The kid already suffered from an injury 2 days prior to his death and should not have played that rugby game. That is why the parents told the court to not pursue the charge on Cizikas.

Cizikas paid for the charge instead of completing tons of community service hours while playing junior hockey and attending high school and still manage to play well for his junior team. He is a good person and spent a lot of voluntary hours with the disabled in the Bridgeport community during his first AHL pro season before being called up by Isles. I am sure he felt extremely bad about that accidental death but he should have got over that by now.

Sociopath? If he was one, his long time girlfriend (now his wife and a proud nurse) would have left him long ago before he made NHL.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
I did not know the part about Varly though until now as he only joined the team last year. Isles do have a lot of characters on their team both on and off the ice, their captain 27 has his own charity which he spent tons of time devoted to it. The team and their wife/girlfriends have always been involved in community charities and are very good with the fans.

Lou is old school and he will demand that his players to not commit any plays with ill intentions even if the result may give them an unfair advantage.

The other team I would say has a lot of characters too both on and off the ice for sure is the Canucks, especially Bo and Boeser. There may be other teams out there give a lot back too but I do not know them too well so really hard to comment about them.

Reactions: Coachcorner

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
And lets not forget bout the fact that even if the conference finals) Islanders lose to the fine team lighting, Lou is still the one and only winner (Of the general manager of the season award) :clap: That there hard. :clap: He the man and a real man I might add. Doing it all, making islanders a (conference final team for the first time in 27 years(!!!!!). Lou Lamoriello deserved it and got the most points in the ballot. All 31 gm's voted and 9 other human beings. Lou got the most points and a clear one there :clap: How hard can a 78.year old real man be? Yes, think about it. :heart: I love life.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki

If I said anything like this I'd get perma-banned from this site. No context needed.

Reactions: Dialamo

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
after the Isles season ends sometime late tuesday evening, the cold hard facts will rear their ugly heads...no draft picks because Lou traded them all away... cap hell because of the numerous bad long contracts handed out by Lou...the league gave Lou this GM of the year award as a consolation feel good award for Lou's many years in the league..not for anything he has done, if not for the pause the Isles were on a 8 game losing streak about to miss the playoffs and they got a gift reprieve....then had to face 3 cream puff teams in this years wacky playoffs before being finally exposed as pretenders

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Lou and Malkin looking through their lineup for the skilled players:

tenor.gif

pucksakes666

Mar 8, 2018
Isles will look different next year after Barsal’s raise and not having draft picks should put them in an interesting spot

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
after the Isles season ends sometime late tuesday evening, the cold hard facts will rear their ugly heads...no draft picks because Lou traded them all away... cap hell because of the numerous bad long contracts handed out by Lou...the league gave Lou this GM of the year award as a consolation feel good award for Lou's many years in the league..not for anything he has done, if not for the pause the Isles were on a 8 game losing streak about to miss the playoffs and they got a gift reprieve....then had to face 3 cream puff teams in this years wacky playoffs before being finally exposed as pretenders

GO TAILGUNNER GO!!!!

and like that post Danthemanleafs67!!!!

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
trotz > new york islanders

a good coach can get you to the ECFs apparently. islanders are a good team, but ran into a great team. coach can only do so much to mitigate that outcome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad