New York Islanders: Lou Lamoriello Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
I'm a fan of Bettman but the exposure the NYI get is pretty non existent.
I would also have expected more out of LOU and the guy the Islanders hired from Pittsburgh to market the franchise better. The Islanders don't get much national coverage at all. Our jersey sales are near the bottom of the league. Tickets sales are real low. They have had a chance to see how the Islanders could grow better financially. What's been done has not worked. This past season was an opportunity to steal away Ranger fans for instance.
Lou has not helped to promote this team better. It would help to sign star talent to sell the team and to win.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I would also have expected more out of LOU and the guy the Islanders hired from Pittsburgh to market the franchise better. The Islanders don't get much national coverage at all. Our jersey sales are near the bottom of the league. Tickets sales are real low. They have had a chance to see how the Islanders could grow better financially. What's been done has not worked. This past season was an opportunity to steal away Ranger fans for instance.
Lou has not helped to promote this team better. It would help to sign star talent to sell the team and to win.
Ah yes, the bad ticket/merchandise sales that we’ve had for the past 3 decades is somehow Lou’s fault after being on the job for only 12 months.

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
First , you’re not stealing Ranger fan second the only way this team is getting press is if they win the cup and lastly I’ve been a fan since 1972 and have never owned a NYI Jersey and the reason is because it’s the ugliest jerseys in the entire league. No matter how many iterations they come up with I can never warm too it.

Reactions: Newsworthy

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I'm having less and less confidence Arthur Staple is a strong source into the Isles front office.

After the past week your "trust tank" in Staple should be on zero. On Monday he wrote this:

"All indications are Eberle is headed for the open market unless he’s willing to take a short-term deal.
And he has no reason to do so."

Would love for him to reveal the "indications" he used to make such a claim.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
After the past week your "trust tank" in Staple should be on zero. On Monday he wrote this:

"All indications are Eberle is headed for the open market unless he’s willing to take a short-term deal.
And he has no reason to do so."

Would love for him to reveal the "indications" he used to make such a claim.
Pagnotta is the only one that seems to have a source within the Isles.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
First , you’re not stealing Ranger fan second the only way this team is getting press is if they win the cup and lastly I’ve been a fan since 1972 and have never owned a NYI Jersey and the reason is because it’s the ugliest jerseys in the entire league. No matter how many iterations they come up with I can never warm too it.
I would like to see the team alter the uniforms and the logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad