New York Islanders: Lou Lamoriello Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I don't get your post. You are agreeing with practically everything I was saying. Barry Trotz was going to be paid by the Washington Caps, just not the amount he was asking, otherwise as he stated he would have stayed. All it took was for someone to pay him close to what he wanted. As the Islanders have owners with deep pockets and we were a prime #1 choice since we were the only ones with a known vacancy, a team that was underperforming, a #1 center in Tavares at the time, a clear Calder favorite, and clearly as this year's results showed a good line-up but in need of proper coaching on defensive play- Trotz specialty, what was to deter Trotz from joining the Isles? It was a fortuitous set events explicitly stated by the Lou Lamiorello himself. And yes I do agree the real details of Lou's future performance hasn't even started to take place. Trotz's presence on the Isles is one of the luckiest events to have hit this franchise in a long time and I bless every day that this fortunate event occurred because he IS fantastic. Lou has a history of having done great things for the Devils in the past and I'm hoping he still has his golden touch, but it does not escape me nor should it escape anyone else that he has had his string of failures in the past so we need to keep things in perspective. I don't see what is so nonsensical about this view.
What is nonsensical is that you suggested that other posters did not understand that first and foremost BT wanted to get paid, as opposed to coming to the Isles out of respect for LL and a love of LI. Of course we all get that he wanted to get paid first and foremost and he wouldn't be here if he didn't. That others may believe that LL's presence factored into his choice among other possibly equal offers, so what? The point is, nobody here is deluded enough to think that was the only or the primary reason.

Last edited:

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
What is nonsensical is that you suggested that other posters did not understand that first and foremost BT wanted to get paid, as opposed to coming to the Isles out of respect for LL and a love of LI. Of course we all get that he wanted to get paid first and foremost and he wouldn't be here if he didn't. That others may believe that LL's presence factored into his choice among other possibly equal offers, so what? The point is, nobody here is deluded enough to think that was the only or the primary reason.
We moved this conversation along. Thank you for your input. In the future please refrain from commenting until you have carefully and completely read the previous comments within a thread. Have a nice day and again thanks for agreeing with me.

Last edited:

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
We moved this conversation along. Thank you for your input. In the future please refrain from commenting until you have carefully and completely read the previous comments within a thread. Have a nice day and again thanks for agreeing with me.
I had read the previous posts and the plain text of your comment was clear. So, yes we agree on fundamental underlying point about BT, but not the long-winded nonsense of your interpretation of other peoples comments.

You have a nice day as well.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
I had read the previous posts and the plain text of your comment was clear. So, yes we agree on fundamental underlying point about BT, but not the long-winded nonsense of your interpretation of other peoples comments.

You have a nice day as well.
Whatever :rolleyes: and thanks again for agreeing with my fundamental point. That was all I was looking for. As for the long winded nonsense, I figure if I wasn't going to beat you with logic and reason I would beat you into submission with boredom and fatigue.

Last edited:

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Whatever :rolleyes: and thanks again for agreeing with my fundamental point. That was all I was looking for. As for the long winded nonsense, I figure if I wasn't going to beat you with logic and reason I would beat you into submission with boredom and fatigue.
Well, if you have no logic or reason to rely on, it's as good a strategy as any I guess.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
About as poorly written as an article can be IMO, but still, it's about the Isles and Lou, so I'm posting it.
https://thehockeywriters.com/new-york-islanders-lamoriello-first-season/
This article is awful. Limited knowledge of the team and lack of research abundant. It plays like a press release for the upcoming season of Islanders hockey. The writer sounds as though he's working for ownership.
Now get your season tickets before they sell out fast!
Sorry Im not buying this at all. LL is not a reason to pay to see this team play.

Reactions: MarsTBOW

MYIslanders

Oct 4, 2014
Pure speculation: I think LL works some magic to land Kessel to upgrade Eberle on Barzal’s line.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Pure speculation: I think LL works some magic to land Kessel to upgrade Eberle on Barzal’s line.

Dunno. Just CANNOT imagine a guy as far out as Kessel is someone Lou would target.

In addition, not sure the Pens are going to be in any hurry to
A) trade with the Isles.
B) trade within the conference.

Just don't see the connection here...

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
There were reports floating around recently (via Roenick, I believe) that Kessel will agree to a trade to only one team, "out west". The presumption is that it's AZ to play for Tocchet. If true, next year Kessel may be in PIT or AZ and nowhere else.

Bird Boys

May 18, 2018
In Lou we don't trust. Trotz is the mastermind! Anyone who would give Hickey and komarov 4 year deals has strictly become a junk baller

Reactions: Newsworthy

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Ask me anything!

Ok, why did you sign some players for an additional year and an extra half a million more than I wanted you to?

Also, why didn’t you trade for a playoff rental AND trade your UFAs for futures at the same time at the deadline?

Actually, don’t bother to answer... because I’m committed to eschewing any reason in place of driving a constant narrative of how you’re a terrible GM regardless...

:sarcasm:

Lou Lamoriello

Nov 26, 2011
Ok, why did you sign some players for an additional year and an extra half a million more than I wanted you to?

I had to pay extra to get them to play in this dump.

Also, why didn’t you trade for a playoff rental AND trade your UFAs for futures at the same time at the deadline?

I was in the woods and didn't have cell reception. My bad.

Actually, don’t bother to answer... because I’m committed to eschewing any reason in place of driving a constant narrative of how you’re a terrible GM regardless...:sarcasm:

Get out of my office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad