Lottery or Playoffs?

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
As others have said in this thread, I would much rather watch my beloved Bruins play more games than fall out and draw nothing in a lottery anyway.

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB
I think a more likely option A and option B would be A) Playoffs and subsequent tinkering with the roster, or B) Missing playoffs and significant remake of the roster.

Personally I've lost confidence that the team is a contender, playoffs or not I think it's a short spring. I want to see Campbell, Paille gone, Chara not in a #1 position (traded or a new #1 brought in), and a consistent team identity being established through a bunch of other adjustments. I think the team is a "has been" on toughness, and not a "skill and speed" team, just somewhere in the ineffective middle, and a choice needs to be made.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs are going to win this and Claude (their next coach) will try to turn him into Bergeron which is why Boston's next GM Don Sweeney should swap 37-63 for the McDavid pick with Chia the Leafs next GM

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
eichel grew up a habs fan. pretty much cancels everything else out.

Wasn't Ray Bourque as well? He was pretty decent for us? Haha

Playoffs. We finish in the 8th spot around 15th overall. We get a solid pick.

When Krejci and Connolly are healthy the offense will be deep. d is a little weak, but if Tuukka can catch fire anything can happen

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Leafs are going to win this and Claude (their next coach) will try to turn him into Bergeron which is why Boston's next GM Don Sweeney should swap 37-63 for the McDavid pick with Chia the Leafs next GM

If you don't toss in GC11, that deal does not happen!:laugh:

Sweeney Tard

Dec 6, 2011
Am I the only one who wants the Habs first round? Sure it's hard to see us contending for a cup with this roster as constructed, and of course Michel's boogle of weasels sure seem to have us figured out, but if I'm Montreal I want nothing to do with Boston in the opening series. The Bruins have nothing to lose, and despite some painful departures in recent years the room's still loaded with character. Shorten the bench and leave it all on the ice. Give Tuuka a chance to go into the Bell Centre and show us what he's made of. Because we need to find out. Empty the tanks and ensure that if they send us packing once again that the toll it takes on them leaves them beat up, depleted, and out the next round once again.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Am I the only one who wants the Habs first round? Sure it's hard to see us contending for a cup with this roster as constructed, and of course Michel's boogle of weasels sure seem to have us figured out, but if I'm Montreal I want nothing to do with Boston in the opening series. The Bruins have nothing to lose, and despite some painful departures in recent years the room's still loaded with character. Shorten the bench and leave it all on the ice. Give Tuuka a chance to go into the Bell Centre and show us what he's made of. Because we need to find out. Empty the tanks and ensure that if they send us packing once again that the toll it takes on them leaves them beat up, depleted, and out the next round once again.

Have you watched the Bruins play against Montreal lately? Tuukka has a terrible record against them. Our system under Claude fails all the time. Montreal tends to out hit Boston. Montreal is much faster. The Bell Center is never friendly to the Bruins. Carey Price is gold against the Bruins. It would be a 4 game sweep.

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010

I agree. This Bruins squad either goes out in the first round, or it catches fire during the first round and goes all the way to the Cup finals. So, we might as well play the Habs right away. Either they eliminate us, or the emotional boost of beating them propels this team to go all the way.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Win first choice 0,001% , win one playoffs round with campbell as our first center , thanks clode, 1,2%
We should enjoy last ten games ot is our playoffs
We are in panters categorie now

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec

Wonderful if clode is next leafs coach and they get mcdavid, he will be trade in two years and bruins will get hime for campbell and paille , bruins and clode will be happy

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
This team isn't winning this year so I will take the better pick. Even a 1% chance at mcdavid is more realistic than this team winning a playoff round.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Embarrassing would be the match that comes up with 0.0001% chance of winning the lottery.

The simplest estimator would have Boston as having a 0.46% chance of getting the # , if you accept the fact that Boston has a 54% chance of making the playoffs.

if you factor in possibility that Boston could still finish anywhere from 10 pick backward, then the odds increase a good bit, and are calculable, I'm do lazy to do the math, but I suspect the current odds of Boston getting the #1 pick are around 1%

I'm going to assume you meant math, but didn't proof read before you posted.

I guess this is you taking my number literally instead of realizing it was exaggerated to make a point.

People will reach for anything to take a shot at the king these days, guess I shouldn't be surprised tho.

Hate me cuz u ain't me

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Like taking Kluzak instead of Bellows?

Though that kind of worked out. We're still watching Kluzak.

That brings back bad memories. I had been watching Bellows closely while he played in Kitchener and was convinced he was going to be a Bruin, when they selected Kluzak I was pretty well crushed and quite angry. He never ended up becoming a superstar but was a very good player for a long time, we all know how the Kluzak story turned out.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
That brings back bad memories. I had been watching Bellows closely while he played in Kitchener and was convinced he was going to be a Bruin, when they selected Kluzak I was pretty well crushed and quite angry. He never ended up becoming a superstar but was a very good player for a long time, we all know how the Kluzak story turned out.

All true.

But you could see, when Kluzak was healthy, why they took a shot at him.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I'm going to assume you meant math, but didn't proof read before you posted.

I guess this is you taking my number literally instead of realizing it was exaggerated to make a point.

People will reach for anything to take a shot at the king these days, guess I shouldn't be surprised tho.

Hate me cuz u ain't me

Didn't see any posts from you in the "Things you were wrong about this year" thread. Now I understand why. (By the way, I don't have one there either)

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad