TV: Lost

Jaysfanatic*

One major continuity error I just noticed. In the 5th episode, the episode opens with Jack as a kid, watching another kid get beat up. It flashes back to the beach with Jack staring out into the distance. You hear "JACK! JACK!" and Charlie comes running up to him. "There's a woman out there, she's drowning, help!!!" "I'd do it, but I can't swim! I can't swim!!!"

Well, if you can't swim, how the **** do you get to the looking glass station?

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
One major continuity error I just noticed. In the 5th episode, the episode opens with Jack as a kid, watching another kid get beat up. It flashes back to the beach with Jack staring out into the distance. You hear "JACK! JACK!" and Charlie comes running up to him. "There's a woman out there, she's drowning, help!!!" "I'd do it, but I can't swim! I can't swim!!!"

Well, if you can't swim, how the **** do you get to the looking glass station?

Maybe Charlie was loaded and didn't want to go swimming? Then again maybe he just ate.

I just googled it to see if I remembered things right and one good theory put forward (and I kind of agree with) is Charlie at the beginning was basically a ***** and later on he nutted up and did what had to be done because it save's Claire according to one of Desmonds flashes. As for him being swimming champ he most likely was lying. When his dad took him swimming it wasn't about him learning to swim or being able to swim but him over coming his fear of the water. It's not that he couldn't swim he was just afraid at the beginning and later on not so much.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Amazing post, Frogurt! :handclap:

And yes, Widmore DID slaughter the remaining Ajira passengers. It was confirmed in the Lost Encyclopedia!

Glad they went with what I felt was the most logical explanation for that.

Not glad that my Encyclopedia still hasn't arrived in the mail. :rant:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Damn. People are still coming up with over-the-top, outlandish theories? The show is over let it rest. Accept it for what is was; the best television show of all time.

You're right. And while I'm at it, I'm going to stop considering Billy Pilgrim's time travel, Shostakovich's plight during the composition of his 7th symphony and ignore the ceiling when I re-visit the Sistine Chapel.

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
While I was leaving the store today and walking to the parking lot, a lady walked up to me and said, "You look like Charlie from LOST."

It got me thinking about how much I miss Lost. :(

Jaysfanatic*

In season 2 of my re-watch. Shannon is seconds away from being shot and killed by Ana Lucia who is still as annoying as ever.

While they're carrying Sawyer through the jungle, Michael drops an F bomb while lifting sawyer up the hill but it's so inaudible they never bothered to edit it out :laugh:

I'd also like to see Hurley and Charlie buddy cop comedy spin off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaysfanatic*

Coldplay:

Emerson is seriously good in this as usual. I love how he can just make funny expressions like when John allows him to walk free and goes "see you guys at dinner". Just a great scene.

I hate Jack in the first few seasons, but he's starting to get better, but Kate sucks the whole way through. Just a very unlikeable character.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
Coldplay:

Emerson is seriously good in this as usual. I love how he can just make funny expressions like when John allows him to walk free and goes "see you guys at dinner". Just a great scene.

Amen, and Ben had a lot of great one-liners during the Hydra storyline at the start of season 3. One that I remember very clearly is when, as Henry Gale imprisoned, he says "don't you have any Stephen King?" with this concerned look on his face. :laugh:

I hate Jack in the first few seasons, but he's starting to get better, but Kate sucks the whole way through. Just a very unlikeable character.

I can't say I ever hated Jack at any point in the series. Yes he's a control-freak-"I need to fix it"-maniac but there are so many iredeemable qualities about him, even that early on, that I can look past it. For one, he's a natural, almost selfless leader, and that's *exactly* what the crew needed after a trauma as big as the crash.

As for Kate - I might be biased, because I think Evie Lilly is an absolute knockout, especially off-island, but I can see why you might say that. Honestly, I thought Kate got better as she went on, even with the whole Aaron storyline and "don't touch my son!" season 5 shenanigans. Her "I saved you a bullet" line is wicked badass, if not terribly action-flick cliched. :laugh:

Jaysfanatic*

Amen, and Ben had a lot of great one-liners during the Hydra storyline at the start of season 3. One that I remember very clearly is when, as Henry Gale imprisoned, he says "don't you have any Stephen King?" with this concerned look on his face. :laugh:

I can't say I ever hated Jack at any point in the series. Yes he's a control-freak-"I need to fix it"-maniac but there are so many iredeemable qualities about him, even that early on, that I can look past it. For one, he's a natural, almost selfless leader, and that's *exactly* what the crew needed after a trauma as big as the crash.

As for Kate - I might be biased, because I think Evie Lilly is an absolute knockout, especially off-island, but I can see why you might say that. Honestly, I thought Kate got better as she went on, even with the whole Aaron storyline and "don't touch my son!" season 5 shenanigans. Her "I saved you a bullet" line is wicked badass, if not terribly action-flick cliched. :laugh:

Off Island she's definitely a knock out. Especially in season 3 in the finale.

They just arrived on land for the end of season 4. I love Sun's dad, strokeface killah.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
Some small things that were never explained which kind of irk me:

How did Richard go to and from the Island all the time pre-sub?

How did Charles Widmore go to and from the Island all of the time pre-sub?

How did Jacob go to and from the Island all of the time?

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Some small things that were never explained which kind of irk me:

How did Richard go to and from the Island all the time pre-sub?

How did Charles Widmore go to and from the Island all of the time pre-sub?

How did Jacob go to and from the Island all of the time?

1. I don't recall seeing him off island pre-sub.

2. Same. He wasn't an ageless character. By the time he was on the island it already had a sub I believe.

3. How was he able to watch the losties in a mirror? or make Richard immortal? At that point you just had to believe in the mystical side of it.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
1. I don't recall seeing him off island pre-sub.

2. Same. He wasn't an ageless character. By the time he was on the island it already had a sub I believe.

3. How was he able to watch the losties in a mirror? or make Richard immortal? At that point you just had to believe in the mystical side of it.

In the 50's Locke asked Richard how to get off the island, and he said that was very "privileged information." Also, he was in the hospital when John Locke was born in 1956 I believe?

And yeah, Widmore left the Island a lot I think prior to the sub. I can't confirm this but the purge wasn't until the early 90's so he wouldn't have had access to the sub until then, and he fathered Penny off the Island. Also, Hawking and Faraday were off the island well before the purge as well - how did they leave?

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Watching this on Netflix. Currently in Season 2. I have one question. Did they explain the Ethan character? When Hurley was making a census, Ethan was not on it.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
In the 50's Locke asked Richard how to get off the island, and he said that was very "privileged information." Also, he was in the hospital when John Locke was born in 1956 I believe?

And yeah, Widmore left the Island a lot I think prior to the sub. I can't confirm this but the purge wasn't until the early 90's so he wouldn't have had access to the sub until then, and he fathered Penny off the Island. Also, Hawking and Faraday were off the island well before the purge as well - how did they leave?

A year and a half later --- I'd love if someone were able to give some insight.

Habsfan22100

Jul 14, 2009
A year and a half later --- I'd love if someone were able to give some insight.

Privileged information, as in not going to tell some random guy. I'm sure Widmore and Hawking had access to that information, being high ranking members of the Others.

EDIT

Sorry, I think I misread your post. I have no idea how they actually got off.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad