TV: Lost

John Cena*

the irony here i just told u 5 mins aint enough to judge a show. i saw a dude in his underwear and shut it off. so i watched the whole thing and liked it.

mad men is different i watched whole thing and it was really really awful. id rather watch V, or even canceled flashforward which blew or a generic cops and robbers show

im actually interested in amcs upcoming show walking dead

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
the irony here i just told u 5 mins aint enough to judge a show. i saw a dude in his underwear and shut it off. so i watched the whole thing and liked it.

mad men is different i watched whole thing and it was really really awful. id rather watch V, or even canceled flashforward which blew or a generic cops and robbers show

im actually interested in amcs upcoming show walking dead

You are what people would call the sharpest knife in the drawer.

^ That is what people would call sarcasm.

John Cena*

I'm startin my lost season 6 dvd re-watch. I haven't watched lost since the finale my plan was to re-watch when it came out on dvd so now I am. I need a little memory refreshment before I start. Just a few questions. I forget, why was the water in the temple unclear and how did Sayid revive after being appearantly dead? And why was he called "sick"? Wasn't sick used for people who associated with MiB?

void

Jan 5, 2006
What a ****ing piss off. Like I said before, Walmart has a special edition of Season 6 which includes the bonus disc from the complete collection. Every ****ing Walmart in Canada has it... EXCEPT THE WALMARTS IN QUEBEC. I'm assuming it's some sort of a language issue? Maybe the packaging has no french on it? ****!

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Got shut out of the major Emmy categories last night. Not shocked Fox didn't win (although for the record I think his work as Jack was really really underrated as he worked in the shadow of Emerson and O'Quinn, he didn't get enough credit for how well he did with the character). Mildly surprised O'Quinn or Emerson didn't win for best supporting actor. Would have liked to have seen a best drama send off, but network television is pretty up the creek when its up against HBO/AMC. Especially now that the latter is becoming more and more common for people to have.

I posted some of these thoughts in the Emmy thread, but will repeat here.

I'm not surprised at not winning best drama (although slightly disappointed). Lost is a very difficult show to vote for if you don't watch every episode, and the trouble with Emmy voting is that it's not a requirement, so for an episode like The End (which was the episode submitted for voting I believe), I can only imagine how confusing that was for the non-followers.

As for Fox, I agree that he did to a pretty good job over the years with the character, but, that best actor category is tough, and, I don't think there's any shame in losing. I think it's pretty impressive Fox got a nomination.

I was hoping Lost would have picked up a writing or directing win though. That's an area where I think the show deserved some credit for the 6 years it's been on the air. The writing in particular I think deserved it, since this show's biggest accomplishment is how it managed to slowly introduce some very difficult concepts to bring to a television screen (particularly a network television show) and how it did it so naturally, from time travel to the spiritual afterlife. The show gets knocked on for the questions it didn't answer or the loose ends that were left, but in the end, no other show ever attempted to do what this show did in balancing such complex timelines and plotlines.

Devilsfan92

Jan 4, 2008
Got my BluRay collection, got it on the 23rd of August. Still haven't watched any yet, will start my series re-watch in a few weeks. Also haven't watched the extra 12mins yet, going to wait until my re-watch is over.

What a ****ing piss off. Like I said before, Walmart has a special edition of Season 6 which includes the bonus disc from the complete collection. Every ****ing Walmart in Canada has it... EXCEPT THE WALMARTS IN QUEBEC. I'm assuming it's some sort of a language issue? Maybe the packaging has no french on it? ****!

Go to Ottawa, or just order it. Lost is worth it.

John Cena*

I'm re-watching the final season and just got done the candidate and going on to across the sea. I'm sad still lol even though I already know whats gonna happen. I still can't believe no more lost. Nothing will ever equal this show this beautiful masterpiece. These characters are an inspiration. Jack is a hero!

How often do you lost fans plan on re-watching the whole series? I may do it like once every 2 years.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Walmart (Quebec) never received the exclusive edition of Season 6, so I ended up buying it off Ebay... And it arrived today! The complete collection disc that came with it was totally worth the extra $14 (damn Ebay shipping)!

Yay, I'm excited! :D

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Just got back from a two week vacation in Hawaii.

One of the days, we went on a full day LOST tour to all sorts of locations where they did filming, including the crash-site beach, the waterfall pool (which I got to swim in), the bamboo forest, the Dharma barracks (it's actually a YMCA campground), the canal in "Seoul, Korea," the shrimp truck in the "Australian outback" (had a tasty lunch there), and the cliff face where Jack and MiB fought in the series finale. And a lot of other places too.

It was really awesome. Any LOST fans planning a trip to Hawaii, I highly recommend it.

I've got the complete series box set on Blu Ray now, and I've started re-watching Season 1. It's cool watching it again and seeing the places I got to visit in person.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
GREAT story MayDay! :)

And I just noticed this thread, and more hilariously, the asinine comments made in regards to Mad Men on the previous page. :facepalm:

What shows have you gotten into post LOST?

For me...Mad Men, Fringe, Breaking Bad (just finished s1) and now possibly Boardwalk Empire. Though these are, IMO, very good shows on their own,, none come close to the genius that was our show. :(

Reason I got into BB is because Damon kept raving about it on Twitter. :laugh:

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
I haven't picked up on any new shows since Lost. I've grown tired of everything getting canceled after a season or two. Right now I'm just bidding my time watching dvd's and waiting for hockey season to start.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY

And I just noticed this thread, and more hilariously, the asinine comments made in regards to Mad Men on the previous page. :facepalm:

For me...Mad Men, Fringe, Breaking Bad (just finished s1) and now possibly Boardwalk Empire. Though these are, IMO, very good shows on their own,, none come close to the genius that was our show. :(

Yeah it was pretty awesome.

As for other shows, not really. My wife is really into Mad Men, so I wind up catching a lot of the episodes too. I can appreciate the show for its solid writing and acting, but I'm not in love with the show. I guess I just personally don't find the 60s to be that interesting.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

For me: Dexter, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy. Over the summer I was re-watching Lost s2-3 though. Back to the roots - you could say. ;)

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
In terms of post-Lost shows, my wife has always been into the show Supernatural, and she re-watched the series because she missed a few seasons in the middle over the years, and, I started really getting into it.

It's unlike Lost in that it doesn't have that large cast of characters, and instead focuses on its two main characters primarily, but, it is similar in that it balances a very non-mainstream type of storyline (supernatural ghost stories vs the sci-fi and time travel elements of Lost) within the confines of a network television show, and does it with a lot of great humour.

There's a lot of other great quality shows I want to get into these days (Breaking Bad, Treme, etc.) but, if anyone is looking for something a little lighter than those, I'd recommend Supernatural.

JaymzB

Apr 8, 2003
Toronto
Just got back from a two week vacation in Hawaii.

One of the days, we went on a full day LOST tour to all sorts of locations where they did filming, including the crash-site beach, the waterfall pool (which I got to swim in), the bamboo forest, the Dharma barracks (it's actually a YMCA campground), the canal in "Seoul, Korea," the shrimp truck in the "Australian outback" (had a tasty lunch there), and the cliff face where Jack and MiB fought in the series finale. And a lot of other places too.

It was really awesome. Any LOST fans planning a trip to Hawaii, I highly recommend it.

I've got the complete series box set on Blu Ray now, and I've started re-watching Season 1. It's cool watching it again and seeing the places I got to visit in person.

I did that too this year (in May, was in Hawaii for the finale). Saw many of the same places you did. Did the tour take you to a little "jungle" behind a cemetary/church in Honolulu? They filmed a bunch of "river crossings" there, including when Jack and Hurley saw the caves again in season 6. I thought that was amazing, since it was literally in the middle of the city, about 100 feet away from a major Highway.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
I did that too this year (in May, was in Hawaii for the finale). Saw many of the same places you did. Did the tour take you to a little "jungle" behind a cemetary/church in Honolulu? They filmed a bunch of "river crossings" there, including when Jack and Hurley saw the caves again in season 6. I thought that was amazing, since it was literally in the middle of the city, about 100 feet away from a major Highway.

Yeah, that was one of the first stops.

In fact, it's amazing how most of the locations are just a few dozen or hundred feet away from obvious civilization. It's the magic of TV, that they can shoot things from just the right perspective to make you really believe it's a deserted, isolated place.

The most striking one to me was the big banyan tree where the Nigerian drug plane was lodged, and where Boone was mortally injured. The branches of the tree are literally overhanging a parking lot. You'd have no clue while watching the show. They must have covered over the pavement with dirt and fake foliage and stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad