TV: Lost

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
Some dvd/blu ray related news:

I guess the "New Man In Charge" Synopsis everyone was talking about in the last thread turns out it might be fake:

New Man In Charge - Detailed Synopsis
Posted by DarkUFO at 7/24/2010 08:22:00 PM View Comments
Labels: DVD
Bookmark and Share

Update: 3rd August I've just been contacted by a highly placed source who has confirmed that the synopsis below is FAKE.

also here a clip from the extras: Squirrel Baby:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Lost-New-Lost-Clip/14268

auction news:
Lost Auction Bonanza!
From Locke's knife to Jack's pills to Claire's Squirrel Baby, IGN gets a sneak peek at all the awesome Island-ware you can bid on this weekend.

also for those buying the box set Ign had up then took down a video of them opening up their advance copy of the blu ray set and they showed some of the contents of the box as well as what might be the hidden mystery. For those who want to know what again it might be:
spoiler:

the video it's up on youtube for who knows how long so watch it while you can if you want to see the contents of the box and the what might be the surprise in the box which is revealed towards the end :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69VvwfDou7I

Last edited:

Agenda Glasses*

I ended up being disappointed by the finale. A show that was originally built on its cliffhangers and mysteries ended up abandoning a lot of questions in the end.

I liked the alt timeline, but in the end I don't believe Cuse and Lindelof at all when they say they had the show mapped out years ago.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
My Blu Ray set arrives Tuesday. I'm wondering if it's even going to fit in my mail box or am I going to have to pick it up at the post office.

It's funny that I've had a blu-ray player for over 2 years now, but, to date I've only purchased 2 movies on blu-ray. I've maybe seen a couple more that I've rented, but generally, I haven't made much use of the better technology, yet I'll have over 100 ours of Lost on Blu-Ray in a couple of days.

They certainly do seem to have put a lot of energy into the packaging. I'm hoping a similar attention is paid to the special features.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
My Blu Ray set arrives Tuesday. I'm wondering if it's even going to fit in my mail box or am I going to have to pick it up at the post office.

It's funny that I've had a blu-ray player for over 2 years now, but, to date I've only purchased 2 movies on blu-ray. I've maybe seen a couple more that I've rented, but generally, I haven't made much use of the better technology, yet I'll have over 100 ours of Lost on Blu-Ray in a couple of days.

They certainly do seem to have put a lot of energy into the packaging. I'm hoping a similar attention is paid to the special features.

Judging by what the size seems to be in the videos prepare to have to pick it up.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
Yeah, I really want to see what it is. :amazed:

Same here. It's sucks I'm not getting the full set since I already have the single season dvd's. I'm hoping that they maybe announce something that they make it available either the extra disc or something if you send in proof of purchase tags from all six sets. South Park rewarded people who bought the first season dvd by making available a 5 cd set of all the from season one commentaries if you sent in the p.o.p. tag and shipping which was cool.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
csilost-e1274138472442.jpg

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
Ok it looks like Best Buy is going to have an exclusive dvd and or packaging or both if you get season 6. I think. Their online weekly ad has this:

Available Tuesday Best Buy exclusive collectible packaging plus bonus disc with 20 minuets of never seen before features.

also if you click this link and hoover it over Lost Season six exclusives you get:

Lost: Season 6 Exclusives

Score even more with the final season of Lost on DVD or Blu-ray Disc. While supplies last, you can get Best Buy exclusive collectible packaging and a free bonus disc on-pack.

The bonus disc features 20 minutes of never-before-seen content!

Don't miss out. Order your Best Buy exclusive DVD or Blu-ray today.

I don't know if this is online only or in store as well. I hoping it's in store but who knows. If anyone finds out anything more post it.

Last edited:

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Some of the prices that items went for at the auction were ridiculous...

Faraday's journal got $27,500. DHARMA van got $47,500.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I ended up being disappointed by the finale. A show that was originally built on its cliffhangers and mysteries ended up abandoning a lot of questions in the end.

As the final season started the Producers said that the show wouldn't be wrapped up with a nice bow (in reference to all the story lines).

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
I'm surprised at some of these prices. I would have thought Jack's shirt would have sold for more considering it's significance.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5715680/lost_auction_sells_island_props_for.html
The other Lost auction items that went for over $20,000 were Daniel Faraday's journal, the Lighthouse wheel, a DHARMA Jeep, and the Frozen Donkey Wheel. The journal that declares Desmond as Daniel's constant went for $27,500, as did Jacob's Lighthouse wheel - complete with the candidate spying mirrors that Jack broke. The Frozen Donkey Wheel and its time travel powers were bought for $25,000, while the DHARMA jeep got $20,000.

Several other items worth over $10,000 were bought in the Lost auction. Season 6 production art was sold for $16,000, and $10,000 was paid for the bloody shirt Jack wore in the final island moments. The Swan Station computer and hatch door got $16,000 each, while the pilot script yielded $15,000. Yet the script for the finale only got a $7,500 bid.

donkshow

Aug 19, 2007
For all I know she is always on House, but I never watch it and Libby is on it. Man she is smokin.

John Cena*

So if I buy the season 6 dvd alone, do I still get the Hurley/Ben scene? I already own 1-5 on dvd so I'm only interested in season 6 and I want to see that footage.

Also whats this about a bonus disc at best buy? It's probably the Ben/Hurley footage.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
So if I buy the season 6 dvd alone, do I still get the Hurley/Ben scene? I already own 1-5 on dvd so I'm only interested in season 6 and I want to see that footage.

Also whats this about a bonus disc at best buy? It's probably the Ben/Hurley footage.

If you get season six anywhere you get the Ben/Hurely stuff. Here's the press release on it:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Lost-Season-6-and-The-Complete-Collection/13833

as for the Best Buy bonus disc I don't know what's on the extra disc.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Awhile back a few people were debating whether Lost was their favourite show ever. discostu mentioned it was either Lost, or the The Wire, and I believe noted that while obviously very different shows, they did have some similarities in the sense that there was a ton of storylines going on at once and an even from one season could still pop up a few seasons later. I've been watching The Wire some more of late, and maybe because I was looking for more similairites than are actually there, I noticed you could draw a parallel between Jack and McNaulty. Two people obsessed with their jobs and their own version of fixing things, but for the most part, completely and utterly hopeless outside of the sphere of expertise.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Awhile back a few people were debating whether Lost was their favourite show ever. discostu mentioned it was either Lost, or the The Wire, and I believe noted that while obviously very different shows, they did have some similarities in the sense that there was a ton of storylines going on at once and an even from one season could still pop up a few seasons later. I've been watching The Wire some more of late, and maybe because I was looking for more similairites than are actually there, I noticed you could draw a parallel between Jack and McNaulty. Two people obsessed with their jobs and their own version of fixing things, but for the most part, completely and utterly hopeless outside of the sphere of expertise.

It's actually a really good comparison. But, at the same time, the idea of a character who's obsessed with and is proficient in his work, but who's personal life is a mess is a pretty standard TV character trait. But, both shows do a great job with the obsessions of that character.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->