Post-Game Talk: Lose another comeback effort in shootout, 3-2 to the Islanders. Monty impresses in his season debut!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastOfADyingBeard

Someone please call Yandle a cab
Mar 23, 2016
They do have there back up in net
Hoping for a win against NJ.... God knows we need it. Something has to give. I know this team has the talent pool to win games but, something is missing (besides all their shots on net)

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
It’s not concerning. It’s game 5 and they start slow every year. They will get confidence with games played and the pressure will relax a
Little to get off to a good start. THeure clearly gripping it a little too tight

It's not like they started slow past seasons and made the playoffs.

They started slow...and missed the playoffs. So how is it not concerning to have a slow start this season?

LastOfADyingBeard

Someone please call Yandle a cab
Mar 23, 2016

They started slow...and missed the playoffs. So how is it not concerning to have a slow start this season?
Exactly. This so many times over! If they are starting like "they usually do" than that in and of itself should be cause for alarm

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
lol you say that every year, and every year we miss the playoffs.
Again another lie. Good try tho. Last year league worst goaltending killed us and our two goalies had their worst years of their careers. I thought it would level out like it does every year but it didn’t.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I’m not buying they’re tired from practices. They find ways to turn it on once they’re behind when they’d be tired
Well yeah...cause the other team is trying to hold the lead.

That and when you are ragged, it's easier to find your legs towards the end of the game than at the beginning. From my experience anyway. Adrenaline starts carrying you in the end...starting is hard as f*** when you are exhausted.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Another point in the bag after a night where we showed up for about 20 minutes.... If we lose to New Jersey then I would DEFINITELY start to scratch my head and start to worry. B/C EVERYONE is beating Jersey
Outplayed them the first and completely destroyed them in the third. How did we show up for twenty minutes?

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Looking at the schedule coming in I expected 6 points after 5 games, they have 4. Not concerning there, but what is worrying is Barkov looking hurt and the long stretches of bad play. Need a breakout game.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

Because our goaltending isn’t costing us games. Everyone is taking slow start too literally. It’s not about 5 games it’s about 15 games.

Reactions: I am not exposed

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Yet everyone disagrees with you. Hopefully your checks are good.
Yet the stats and coaches and other teams disagrees with u. We’re not getting outchanced. And our expected goals for isnusally on our side. Sorry I don’t give a shit what biased angry fans opinions are cause they are usually wrong. Like you right now

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Tough loss.

Sounds like again we split play in the first period, got outplayed in the second, and owned them in the third.

2 point split on a back-to-back Road games. Would have been nice to win a shootout tonight, but good news is we still have 77 games left to go.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Yet the stats and coaches and other teams disagrees with u. We’re not getting outchanced. And our expected goals for isnusally on our side. Sorry I don’t give a **** what biased angry fans opinions are cause they are usually wrong. Like you right now
I can tell you’re not watching the games because these guys look like bumbling idiots for 40 minutes a game. Can’t even make a pass.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I was really pissed after Carolina (who BTW lost to the second worst team in hockey at home tonite) game. BUF and NYI were okay. Could have won one in regulation had lines clicked just a bit more. Q said the top guys will start becoming visible offensively. The good news is at G, and Matheson, Stralman and Ekblad are playing well. Weegar needs to settle down a bit. Brown needs to improve his IQ. I don’t know what to do about Yandle. That’s a problem.

So I’ll put an unexpected positive spin on. The top guys sucking in the scoring department could just have the unforeseen side benefit that the other guys get a chance to pick up scoring and get their confidence. This will help later in the season when we need to be a multi-line team. It could be the key to making it deeper than first round.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I can tell you’re not watching the games because these guys look like bumbling idiots for 40 minutes a game. Can’t even make a pass.
There’s your bias showing again. Every game has been pretty much equal. U notice the bad cause your a biased fan. You don’t notice the other team
Looking like bumbling idiot when we’re controlling play which is about 50 percent of the time. All without barkov.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
There’s your bias showing again. Every game has been pretty much equal. U notice the bad cause your a biased fan. You don’t notice the other team
Looking like bumbling idiot when we’re controlling play which is about 50 percent of the time. All without barkov.
How much is your check? Genuinely curious. This team has no cohesion for whatever reason. We have barely controlled anything at all cmon lol.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
I think the system is definitely better in regards to responsible play such as 2 on 1s and such. Barely see those at all. This is a dumbass issue and laziness issue at this point.
Totally. I'm half memeing. I think we'll be fine, but our 5 on 5 scoring was horrible last year and that has translated. We need to start creating high danger chances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad