Post-Game Talk: Lose another comeback effort in shootout, 3-2 to the Islanders. Monty impresses in his season debut!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Man I’d love to know how much the Panthers pay you because this team sucks.
Cool story. I see absolutely nothing to be alarmed about. You can think the team sucks. I Know huby and Barkov are notorious slow starters and when the team gets confidence they are as good as anyone. The structure was on point tonight. Matheson has been good all year. So has ek. We’re basicalky playing without our number 1 c

LastOfADyingBeard

Someone please call Yandle a cab
Mar 23, 2016
where are our top players? trocheck with one goal. Barkov with 0. Huby with 0. Vatrano with 0. The guys who usually show up arent anywhere to be seen. Trocheck and Barkov have been BAD... We have 1 win is the first 5 games.... This is NOT how anyone expected our first 5 games to go. And the goals we gave up were due to really bad mistakes on our part. It wasnt due to some major effort from the Isles, it just came from our mistakes

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Defensively we’ve been very solid the last two games. No coincidence that Matheson has played well. Strong goaltending too.

But what is going on with our skilled guys? They’re not making enough of an impact. It’s concerning.
It’s not concerning. It’s game 5 and they start slow every year. They will get confidence with games played and the pressure will relax a
Little to get off to a good start. THeure clearly gripping it a little too tight

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
It’s not concerning. It’s game 5 and they start slow every year. They will get confidence with games played and the pressure will relax a
Little to get off to a good start. THeure clearly gripping it a little too tight
How will the pressure be less when they’re in a hole? This doesn’t make sense. I know they’ll eventually get their game back but it’s inexcusable to not have it at the start of the season

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Honestly a win vs New Jersey and it is 4 points in 3 road games, which is fine. But this play is frusturating af. Last year our offense carried our terrible d and goaltending, now the d us fine and the goalies have been great, and all scoring has vanished.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Lol they flashed a graphic on the Isles broadcast.

Panthers have the most losses in NHL shootout history (now 93). Just terrible.

Holy shit that's a lot "At least we got a point"

That actually could be the title of Roberto Luongo's career with the Panthers

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Cool story. I see absolutely nothing to be alarmed about. You can think the team sucks. I Know huby and Barkov are notorious slow starters and when the team gets confidence they are as good as anyone. The structure was on point tonight. Matheson has been good all year. So has ek. We’re basicalky playing without our number 1 c
You’re never alarmed because you’re used to this and you have your monthly check coming in. This team has looked like the worst team out of every game they’ve played.

Reactions: LastOfADyingBeard

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Honestly a win vs New Jersey and it is 4 points in 3 road games, which is fine. But this play is frusturating af. Last year our offense carried our terrible d and goaltending, now the d us fine and the goalies have been great, and all scoring has vanished.

The only thing I expect in NJ is to get wooped. They been playing like crap they have this date crossed in there calenders

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015

lol you say that every year, and every year we miss the playoffs.

LastOfADyingBeard

Someone please call Yandle a cab
Mar 23, 2016
Another point in the bag after a night where we showed up for about 20 minutes.... If we lose to New Jersey then I would DEFINITELY start to scratch my head and start to worry. B/C EVERYONE is beating Jersey

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I think...on the whole, we look better than how we started last year.

Yeah the record doesn't reflect it as it is the exact same start....but big picture the team looks better. They just look f***ing exhausted. I think its the practices, which will improve over time.

And Barkov sucks. Once he wakes up, team will be fine. I like the D pairs the way it is.

Yandle has been probably our worst player overall which is a problem.

Reactions: ScottyMascotty

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I think...on the whole, we look better than how we started last year.

Yeah the record doesn't reflect it as it is the exact same start....but big picture the team looks better. They just look ****ing exhausted. I think its the practices, which will improve over time.

And Barkov sucks. Once he wakes up, team will be fine. I like the D pairs the way it is.

Yandle has been probably our worst player overall which is a problem.
I’m not buying they’re tired from practices. They find ways to turn it on once they’re behind when they’d be tired

panthersdu67

Oct 5, 2019
I feel like Barkov has improved compared to the two last games he played. Maybe he'll be productive against the Devils. I hope.

Flooven

Nov 21, 2018
SoFla
I'm more frustrated with our top guys not stepping up, Malgin showing up for a game doesn't make me feel any better.

Trocheck, Huby, Barkov, Any of our top dmen, Vatrano, nobody f***ing showing up. Why does this team always feel like it needs more. I know we gotta give Q some time but f*ck these guys have played together for long enough. That OT was terrible, 1 half assed SOG

Reactions: Vilam

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
How will the pressure be less when they’re in a hole? This doesn’t make sense. I know they’ll eventually get their game back but it’s inexcusable to not have it at the start of the season
because they will be playing every other night and just playing not worrying about the start anymore. If it’s game ten and they still can’t score or start coming around I will be concerned. Jersey has aweful goaltending and d. Could be the kick in the pants they need to get going. But I have seen nothing worrisome so far. We haven’t been outplayed in a game yet to any extent. We’re creating as many good chances as every team we’ve played and have not
Finished some basic chances. We had 4 deflections. Tonight that missed the net by an inch or two. Hoffman flubbed two pick in the slot with no one around him. It won’t keep up like this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad