Post-Game Talk: Lose another comeback effort in shootout, 3-2 to the Islanders. Monty impresses in his season debut!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I think the system is definitely better in regards to responsible play such as 2 on 1s and such. Barely see those at all. This is a dumbass issue and laziness issue at this point.
Why do the stats players and coaches all disagree with your eyes? Genuinely curious. Why’s do u and some fans think we’re getting embarrassed nightly when stats coaches and players say otherwise?

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
This is the best goalie tandem the panthers have ever had. The fact we are struggling to put up 3 goals a game with the talent we have is infuriating

Best goalies tandem was actually Luongo and whoever his back was back in the days where. played 70 games per season.

As good as Bob is, he's no better than early 2000 Luongo IMO

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Best goalies tandem was actually Luongo and whoever his back was back in the days where. played 70 games per season.

As good as Bob is, he's no better than early 2000 Luongo IMO

I actually prefer Beezer and Fitzpatrick in 96.

Mike Vernon and Trevor Kidd in '00 were actually pretty decent as well.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
At some point they’ll have to figure out a way to get 2-points. Outside of the Carolina game, they haven’t looked bad, but this is about results, if they’re not getting a W then it really doesn’t matter how good they were. Them playing “good” is only something that’s worthwhile as it pertains to giving us confidence moving forward. The goalie tandem and knowing the guys we have, I know we’ll be better...but we have to be better. I hope that’s sooner rather than later

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
And guys can say bounces and luck is just excuses but when u fire 93 shots in two games you would think you would get one goal off a lucky bounce or shin pad or something. We haven’t had
One yet this year. Nothing.

Reactions: BabyBarkov

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Monty was very good tonight. Small sample but looks like goaltending is a strength this year. Every season it’s Whack-a-mole with panther problems. Def didn’t see Barkov and other skilled guys being the issue
After the last two games, I’m less worried about Barkov/Hubie/Tro being issues. The points will come. Q teaches defense first. And all of the big 3 are doing well positioning wise. Geez twice tonite Tro totally surprised me with his Barkov-like backchecking. Maybe because of the focus on endurance and positional play and new system (excuse to some extent, but still) has taken time away from puck handing fine tuning. All 3 are noticeably less slick. But if there’s ONE thing they’ll get back that’s it. So I’m no longer as worried. Q looks relaxed. CAR threw me into a different place but if they play improved versions of yesterday and today, with improved personal fine movement skill, I won’t worry. NJ is a test.

Reactions: pantherbot

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
I like Weegar, and think him making the NHL as a 7th rounder is incredible. But he's not our best defenseman as some have previously said. When you play bottom pairing against 3rd and 4th lines, it inflates how good you look. Similar thing happened with Pysyk a few years ago. Looked incredible on the bottom pairing, but completely overwhelmed on the 2nd pairing. I think Weegar will be better than Pysyk, but you get my point.
Yandle clearly missed this memo. :laugh:

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I think it can't be overlooked that this team's last three days consisted of a bag skate & travel, road game & travel, another game. And we split those two games with two points.

Day off tomorrow well-deserved Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->