Post-Game Talk: Lose another comeback effort in shootout, 3-2 to the Islanders. Monty impresses in his season debut!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
So early in the season, you can't look at how many points you're from a playoffs spot.

You have to look at the records. And our record show that we are on pace for 66 pts. So we are actually something like 30 pts from a playoffs spot right now

And if we win another game, our projected record will change vastly again. It's too early for this.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
So early in the season, you can't look at how many points you're from a playoffs spot.

You have to look at the records. And our record show that we are on pace for 66 pts. So we are actually something like 30 pts from a playoffs spot right now
Lmao

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

And Hoffman is on pace for 82 goals which will balance out the pace of 0 goals for Barkov and Huberdeau

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
we should also consider unloading bob's contract. Monty is clearly better and on his way to a vezina with a .938 sv% and 1.75 GAA. No idea why we even signed bob or drafted knight, goalie of the future is already here.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
And if we win another game, our projected record will change vastly again. It's too early for this.
Tomorrow is a huge game though, .500 vs 2 games under going into a home game vs the Avs and 2nd of a b2b vs a rested Nashville. Season could be slipping away with a loss, but if they win, it's a successful road trip.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Positives from a slightly objective friend who watched most of the game?

Goaltending: Bobrovsky has been stellar. Montembeault has been excellent. Y'all have a solid tandem this season, imho.

Defense (aside from Yandle) was not that bad. The Weeger/Strålman pairing seemed quite solid for the first three games. The Matheson/Strålman pairing was pretty good these last couple of games. Matheson looked more comfortable and less panicky with Stråls than with Ekblad. That's kinda Strålman's speciality...settling down and bringing out the best in his partner. Ekblad had a good game. Weeger looked a bit shaky at times but might find his stride on the new pairing. Depends on how Q allocates minutes.

BTW, Strålman quietly picked up his first point as a Panther with an assist on Dadonov's game tying goal as well as three shots, two hits and three blocks (one without a stick!) in Saturday's game. Wish I could have seen his hip check. Was only listening during that period as I was driving home, though I saw most of the beginning and the end of the game on NHL.tv. Stråls used to be a Master of the classic old school hip check/open ice hit. Nice to know he still has it now and then. :puppy:

Forwards: Ummmm. Welllllll. Huberdeau is an amazing passer.

Finally: At least y'all weren't beaten in regulation by the fricking Senators. :facepalm:

P. S. Does Barkov usually have a slow start? I know Kucherov often does and it's quite frustrating. Was worried about Barkov after he didn't score a goal against the Lightning in either game. He's usually been the premiere Bolt killer. Am becoming rather fond of the big guy :eek: and he's just too damn skilled to be kept off the scoresheet for long.

Reactions: PSLguy

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Reactions: drktmplr12

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
16, 11, 21 must start scoring or we're toast quickly

At least 11 is passing, he looks fine to me. He'll start scoring, I'm not worried.

If Barkov is not hurt, he'll be fine too.

Not sure about Trotchek though. I fear that teams have figured him out and he will never be 75 pts player again. It seems that he's not able to adapt his game like a player with higher hockey IQ would do. I'm not expecting him to get more than 60 pts this year

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Positives from a slightly objective friend who watched most of the game?

Goaltending: Bobrovsky has been stellar. Montembeault has been excellent. Y'all have a solid tandem this season, imho.

Defense (aside from Yandle) was not that bad. The Weeger/Strålman pairing seemed quite solid for the first three games. The Matheson/Strålman pairing was pretty good these last couple of games. Matheson looked more comfortable and less panicky with Stråls than with Ekblad. That's kinda Strålman's speciality...settling down and bringing out the best in his partner. Ekblad had a good game. Weeger looked a bit shaky at times but might find his stride on the new pairing. Depends on how Q allocates minutes.

BTW, Strålman quietly picked up his first point as a Panther with an assist on Dadonov's game tying goal as well as three shots, two hits and three blocks (one without a stick!) in Saturday's game. Wish I could have seen his hip check. Was only listening during that period as I was driving home, though I saw most of the beginning and the end of the game on NHL.tv. Stråls used to be a Master of the classic old school hip check/open ice hit. Nice to know he still has it now and then. :puppy:

Forwards: Ummmm. Welllllll. Huberdeau is an amazing passer.

Finally: At least y'all weren't beaten in regulation by the fricking Senators. :facepalm:

P. S. Does Barkov usually have a slow start? I know Kucherov often does and it's quite frustrating. Was worried about Barkov after he didn't score a goal against the Lightning in either game. He's usually been the premiere Bolt killer. Am becoming rather fond of the big guy :eek: and he's just too damn skilled to be kept off the scoresheet for long.
Great write up! Hang out more w us friend. Yah Barkov heats up as the season goes on. Pretty annoying but par for the course.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Just read GR's last article on the athletic:

Q had a quote saying you can expect the top line of Huby - Barky - Hoff to be the same next game.

Also look for a better start in the first. Before Saturday's game, we were being outscored in the first 5-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->