NBA Los Angeles Lakers thread

Sep 19, 2008
"GM" LeBron did such a good job gutting a playoff roster, dealing 3 key role players and letting others like Schroder walk to Boston.

I am a Lakers fan but seeing this whole failed experiment backfire on him is hilarious. Is 8-9 LeBron's "fault"?

Sep 19, 2008
Here is what makes me mad.

The Lakers before LeBron took a sledgehammer to them were a good team. They had won a championship.

They had their moments last year too. They faded out because of AD getting hurt. Again, AD plays that series against the Suns, maybe the Lakers win. Not sure if they win it all, but that's fine.

But after that first round playoff loss all heck broke loose. LeBron made massive offseason changes as if he were the GM. He's not the GM officially, but he might as well be. He openly admitted to having a "war room" in his house with information on potential teammates he would like signed. He openly recruited Damian Lillard to the Lakers (failed) and when that didn't work out, helped bring Westbrook to LA. Another "overrated" point guard.

Trading Kuz, Harrell, and KCP for Westbook may be one of the biggest steals in recent NBA history :laugh: And again all LeBron has to show for it is 8-9. You better step it up, big man.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Never understood Lebron approving this trade

like this is a guy with one of the higher basketball IQ's in league history, and he knows his age and workload ability

and he takes on Westbrooks contract while giving up bench depth
My guy what the hell are you doing

Reactions: John Price
Sep 19, 2008
Also keep in mind the Lakers have a lot of old washed up talent like Westbrook and Carmelo :laugh: What have these players won?

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I just heard last night Westbrick has a player option for next year

I thought he was in the final year
lakers have to get rid of this guy, but i think it is impossible, as he is picking up that option.

Reactions: Melrose Munch
Sep 19, 2008
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — LeBron James made the tiebreaking 3-pointer in overtime and followed with a back-breaking 3 in his return from the first suspension of his career to help the Los Angeles Lakers beat Indiana 124-116 on Wednesday night.

James finished with 37 points on 13-of-29 shooting and had six assists and five rebounds, with the Lakers playing without Anthony Davis because of flu-like symptoms.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
IT reunited with lebron will be interesting

but the last thing this team needs is another small guard who can't defend

Reactions: MMC

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
The NBA is so desperate to show the Lakers and Brooklyn today; funny how they have cleared just enough "healthy" players to have the game.
But then again Atlanta, Dallas , Boston and Golden State are missing at minimum a few starters plus bench players.
Adam Silver couldn't care about the quality of the product; he just wants the NBA on TV all day.

Reactions: John Price
Sep 19, 2008
I'm a huge Lakers fan but I will not be watching the Lakers game today. The Lakers are so f***ing bad this year it's pathetic. I don't want to sound like a bandwagoner...BUT something seems missing about this club. They went through all this effort to build LeBron's dream team and it's biting them in the ASS. Way to trade Kuzma and Harrell who immediately start balling with the Wiz rofl. Meanwhile old ass Carmelo and washed up "WestBrick" continue to disappoint for the Lakers. It's so f***ing sad :rant:

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I'm a huge Lakers fan but I will not be watching the Lakers game today. The Lakers are so f***ing bad this year it's pathetic. I don't want to sound like a bandwagoner...BUT something seems missing about this club. They went through all this effort to build LeBron's dream team and it's biting them in the ASS. Way to trade Kuzma and Harrell who immediately start balling with the Wiz rofl. Meanwhile old ass Carmelo and washed up "WestBrick" continue to disappoint for the Lakers. It's so f***ing sad :rant:
Thats why the bubble title is fake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad