Rumor: Looks like it is down to Vegas, Toronto, Carolina and Edmonton for ROR!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This is not the ROR of before. buyer beware, it really looks like his fuel tank is on empty.
He is skating on quicksand out there.

St Louis is about to rip someone off!

A lot of fans are overlooking what you are saying. Who knows how much gas he has left but I see a lot of fans thinking they are getting ROR from his age 27/28 value at age 32 this playoffs. Broken foot and bad performance this season before the injury means nothing to them. A simple brush under the rug.

I'm very curious to see where he lands and how he performs. ROR is very good when he is on his game and 100% healthy. Maybe this time off is a good thing for him.

He's already skating.

So he should be playing games before the deadline I would imagine?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Per an ex GM who was on ESPN 101.1 radio in Stl this morning. Or at least, that is what he is hearing. Believes either a second round pick and an A prospect or a first and a B+ prospect. Thinks Armstrong will take out a little longer to have them bidding against each other as well as lower the money going to Those teams. Did not realize the salary exchanged reduces quite a bit as the deadline becomes closer. Not sure who or what I would want from any 4, but we need a defenceman that is really close to neing NHL ready!

Who was the ex GM

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Beleive he started skating again today or yesterday.

Take that with a grain of salt. I can’t remember where I saw that.

Seems logical. A broken foot is usually 6-8 weeks and 6 weeks is mid Feb. Starting to skate around the 5 week period doesn't seem off to me.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Carolina has the biggest need.

Vegas with Stone injury next
I think the same. Canes need for a 2C is massive . BUT … they are not really the type to pay for a rental. Maybe that changes or if the cost is decent , they pull the trigger.
Id think Vegas would prefer a scoring winger like Tarasenko more ??

Reactions: Blueston

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Cap 7.5M, broken foot, rental, 32 years old, slow footspeed, 16 points, -28 in 37 games, rumours of dressing room cancer earlier in his career. Probably more fitting for a pasture than a new team.

2 can play that game. Career high end faceoff guy. Selke winner in the last 5 years, constant 60 point matchup center, salary all pretty much paid for the year, ppg player in the playoffs while taking on heavy matchups. Man all we’re asking for is a 1st and a B+ prospect?

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
2nd + B-Prospect (with retention)... If others offer the 1st or A-Prospect ,fine.

I don't see many rushing to offer such demands for someone as questionable....we got fooled once already on the injured Foligno, so hesitancy should be expected
Automatically rejected

Ya right on those prices, would be surprised if he got anything more than a 2nd
Yeah maybe the Blues will have to pay someone to take him durrrrrr

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
I think ROR pulls in a 1st but I hope it is not Carolina. I'd be a buyer at 2nd + B prospect. Same offer for Tarasenko which is more likely.

Carolina needs physical scoring more than a 2C upgrade. The health concerns and down season drop ROR's appeal for me.
I'd only be interested in ROR if it doesn't take us out of the running for Maier.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Gavrikov is sort of a version of that I suppose. I think Edmonton needs someone a bit better. Not sure who exactly. The guy they should have chased was Hampus Lindholm last year.

I am on record saying Edmonton will be a cup contender when McDavid stops being a cherry picker and commits to a 2 way game. ROR doesn't fix that issue. Guys like Hyman, RNH, Ryan, McLeod ect already play a 2 way game. They need their most talented player on the planet to commit to that. ROR won't fix the issue when McDavid and Draisaitl play 50 minutes a night.

McDavid is a cherry picker? No way! He's deep in the zone in Edmonton all the time and when he does pick up the puck it is often below the hash marks.

His warts defensively are WAY more to do with a lack of understanding of what's happening away from the puck. As an example, just last night he was in perfect defensive position, the puck carrier (his guy) was never going to be able to get to the net without McD engaging in battle (which he does very successfully)... but he didn't have his stick on the ice, so the player passed right through him.

He's not cheating for offense, nor is he "cherry picking", he's simply just not that defensively aware. Big difference and the latter is much easier to work on than a guy who truly only cares about offense (that's not McD).

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Several League Sources have stated that Toronto is completely opposed to moving their 1st round 2023 pick or Knies.
The same sources, in the Toronto Sun Article, stated that Toronto is mainly looking at defense.

So Toronto is likely out for any deal with the Blues forwards. They are not dealing their first and their only prospect that fits the Blues system is Knies. They also dont have a 2nd this year.

Nobody has said anything about Toronto not being willing to move their 1st, that's a lie.

It has been said they would prefer not do to but that's true for every team in the league.

But at no point has any credible source said they will not move their 1st

Last edited:

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
I cant see Oilers go this route . Id guess they go D instead.
Canes should be in , adding a 2C is addressing their biggest hole .
Edmonton can't afford it with out sending similar contract back
Holland just said it's gonna have to be dollar In dollar out

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Would be the most Dubas move ever.

Foligno v2

I mean he has a Conn Smyth so not really... If he found his legs again for a few months he'd be an unreal 3rd line center add and great insurance if someone gets injured of the big 4

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I think the same. Canes need for a 2C is massive . BUT … they are not really the type to pay for a rental. Maybe that changes or if the cost is decent , they pull the trigger.

It would be very difficult to see how Carolina could go through the East without upgrading the C.

Especially after losing Pacioretty for the season as well

Reactions: Blueston

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
ROR has had poor offensive results this season because our GM let David Perron go and the Blues haven't had stable lines all season long, along with some coaching changes that killed our powerplay. The team has just been a complete mess.

He's still a beast on faceoffs and defensively. All he needs is the right linemates and his offense will come back.
that is the hope. You pay current performance rate and hope you give them a better environment to succeed. Instead of paying for potential production for rentals.

Add in as soon as 1st or A prospect is mentioned in the cost for a rental, the Canes only hang around to see if the cost lowers.

Reactions: Sigurd

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
I mean he has a Conn Smyth so not really... If he found his legs again for a few months he'd be an unreal 3rd line center add and great insurance if someone gets injured of the big 4

We aren't getting the Conn Smythe version, the guy can barely skate out there at this point, he looks to be on his last legs.

I'd be running far, far away from this price for a bottom six C, but Dubas may not be bright enough unfortunately.

• Haha
Reactions: DoubleK81

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
If they traded ROR at 50% Puljujarvi's remaining contract (pending RFA) would almost cover it. The Blues could give JP a try out over the next 20+ games to figure out if they want to sign him. I don't think he is qualified, but I bet the Blues could sign him for like $1.5 Million which is about right. Could have big upside with a contract like that.

I am still high on ROR, maybe more than other posters on here so I have offered a 1st for him before. Holland being a very conservative GM at the deadline probably translates to less than that being offered though.
I think exactly that would be intention with him. I can't see anyone qualifying him, but someone will want him and this would give us chance to try him out.

2nd and Bokk back is about the most I'd be willing to trade
That isn't going to cut it. Can't imagine we have any interest in Bokk. 2nd and Nikishin maybe.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
It would be very difficult to see how Carolina could go through the East without upgrading the C.

Especially after losing Pacioretty for the season as well
Replacing MaxPac is the biggest need.

We can (theoretically, though the FO and RBA don't want to) fill the 2C hole with Necas if we get the goal scoring we need in a wing.

Reactions: DaveG

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Carolina has the biggest need.

Vegas with Stone injury next

Why do people think the Canes have such a big need for a 2C? The forward group is structured in a way that there really isn't a big need a conventional higher point getting 2C. Staal is going to play 5v5 and PK minutes closer to the amount a 2C typically would anyways (and this was true even when we had Trocheck the last few years). Kotkaniemi as much shit as he gets plays a really solid all around game and the points have been picking up lately, we don't need him to score a ton either as we have a lot of depth on the wings. Longer term there is a lot of chatter about Necas moving to C and the organization is still high on Kotkaniemi as a potential option there. Canes game is all about defense and offense coming from any of the 18 skaters on the roster with the D providing a bunch of offense too. The way it's all spread out a 2C is not an incredibly urgent need.

Canes' biggest need is for a legit elite/borderline elite goal scorer, whether it's at wing or center doesn't matter. We have talented forwards with good offensive skill sets but not enough guys with a legit scoring touch, more playmakers. Patches was supposed to be that guy and unfortunately he got hurt. Tarasenko would be an interesting option, and Meier obviously but he's a bidding war guy which the Canes likely won't seriously get into. This'll help in the playoffs when goals are harder to come by and when you absolutely need to be clicking on the powerplay and taking advantage of those more limited opportunities. ROR doesn't really help with that at all at this point. Him and a guy like Toews are ok candidates to buy low on and take a chance on but odds are neither offers much for a team with Cup aspirations.

Reactions: Tryamw and MinJaBen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad