Rumor: Looks like it is down to Vegas, Toronto, Carolina and Edmonton for ROR!

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
2nd + B-Prospect (with retention)... If others offer the 1st or A-Prospect ,fine.

I don't see many rushing to offer such demands for someone as questionable....we got fooled once already on the injured Foligno, so hesitancy should be expected

Yeah, I can see Holland moving a 2nd and a prospect plus some salary the Blues won't mind taking on. I wonder how they feel about Puljujarvi?

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
feels like a Carolina move to me.

Toronto, needs to improve the D, maybe add a depth F that may or may not play C.

Vegas: they would be best to stand pat for once, but is that in their DNA...

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
He’s skating now. Should be back in a week or two.

Certainly risky. But the upside is massive.
Upside is decent, rather than massive at this point. Considering it a pure rental due to age, unlikely to have the necessary ROI unless the team wins the Cup.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Yeah, I can see Holland moving a 2nd and a prospect plus some salary the Blues won't mind taking on. I wonder how they feel about Puljujarvi?
JP is less than half the money you need to add ROR. Even if the Blues eat half it's still not enough. That's why I was saying you guys should have dumped JP earlier so you could accrue cap space.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
blues have been reported at multiple times to have some interest in pulican'tspellit i think. not enough to give up significant assets for him, but we would value him a bit higher than just a cap dump.

Reactions: TFHockey

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Carolina has the biggest need.

Vegas with Stone injury next

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
This and Kane are going to be prime examples of trading for someone based off past production and name, more so than current production and name.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
blues have been reported at multiple times to have some interest in pulican'tspellit i think. not enough to give up significant assets for him, but we would value him a bit higher than just a cap dump.

If they traded ROR at 50% Puljujarvi's remaining contract (pending RFA) would almost cover it. The Blues could give JP a try out over the next 20+ games to figure out if they want to sign him. I don't think he is qualified, but I bet the Blues could sign him for like $1.5 Million which is about right. Could have big upside with a contract like that.

I am still high on ROR, maybe more than other posters on here so I have offered a 1st for him before. Holland being a very conservative GM at the deadline probably translates to less than that being offered though.

Reactions: Blueston

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Upside is decent, rather than massive at this point. Considering it a pure rental due to age, unlikely to have the necessary ROI unless the team wins the Cup.

I mean the upside is a 2nd line shutdown center who has scored 60-70 points the past 5 seasons or so. And performed very well in the playoffs.

You’re never going to make a move that gaurantees you win the cup. But the impact ROR has in terms of getting higher end offensive players weaker matchups, while playing upper end competition and playing fairly even with them is often overlooked.

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
if that is the ask for a poor performing ROR, you can bet Carolina is not in that pool of interested parties.
ROR has had poor offensive results this season because our GM let David Perron go and the Blues haven't had stable lines all season long, along with some coaching changes that killed our powerplay. The team has just been a complete mess.

He's still a beast on faceoffs and defensively. All he needs is the right linemates and his offense will come back.

Reactions: JTRAIN1966

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Fancy numbers and chart dudes show us some graphs that show who is better THIS SEASON ROR or Toews.

Pls and thanks.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
2nd + B-Prospect (with retention)... If others offer the 1st or A-Prospect ,fine.

I don't see many rushing to offer such demands for someone as questionable....we got fooled once already on the injured Foligno, so hesitancy should be expected

Comparing Foligno to O'Rielly is like comparing a pineapple to a crowbar. The difference is so immense it's bizarre to conflate one to the other.

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
I think ROR pulls in a 1st but I hope it is not Carolina. I'd be a buyer at 2nd + B prospect. Same offer for Tarasenko which is more likely.

Carolina needs physical scoring more than a 2C upgrade. The health concerns and down season drop ROR's appeal for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad