Looking for a new center

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Sign barkov...and aho play aho-barkov-laine....profit.

Probably inpossible tho :/

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Try Roslovic between Laine/Ehlers or break them up......watching Little try to play between then is putting a square peg in a round hole or nails down the chalk board. Just don't use Laine/Little/Ehlers combo.....

Plus for the love of God, Laine work on your skating.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Sheifele doesn't know how to play with laine either he gave up after a week and went back with wheeler. Laine needs to get better at a lot of things . Copp is barely a 4th liner let alone a second line option. Neither is roslovic next year or petan ever.

Yes he does, they have always been PPG together. Laine has lot of works to do and he will get better, but won't ever success with player like Little. Somehow Copp was able to product more offense with Ehlers & Laine just in few games than Little did in last two years.

Bryan Little is a good 2 C. I wouldn't be surprised if he puts up more points then Stastny next year.

Could be, but doesn't fit with our material. We have Laine, Little, Scheifele & all of them has to play in different lines because Laine & Scheifele doesn't fit PoMo's agenda. Little is very expensive 3rd line option because our material doesn't allow anything else.

Reactions: Mony Vibescu

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Roslovic is plan A
Petan is plan B
Agree with this.

Last season the Jets were cruising towards a 110+ point season with Matt Hendricks at C.

Roslovic or Petan would be significant skill upgrades. I think Roslovic will be the first option, and think he'll be dynamite. Petan likely plays LW, though the Jets are very deep there.

Reactions: Jetsetter and GNP

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
Feels like we could have outbid STL's package of distant picks and meh roster/prospects for RoR.

Tage Thompson is probably the best piece in that package and is far from meh. Berglund is very good 2nd/3rd line center on a good contract.

The Jets equivalent of Thompson is Roslovic or Vesalainen.

The full Jets offer to match the St Louis one is probably something like Roslovic, Perreault, Armia, 2019 1st, 2020 2nd.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Little is sliding slightly out of his prime & he doesn't have any idea how to play with Patrik. We are fine if Copp is able to take Little's place in 2nd unit.

Good Gawd, no! I like Copp .... as a 4C or a checking LW. Not in the top 6.

Little is fine. We can hope Roslo develops as a C.

If and when those 2 don't pan out we will have a problem, but right now? No.

Reactions: Jets 31

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Sheifele doesn't know how to play with laine either he gave up after a week and went back with wheeler. Laine needs to get better at a lot of things . Copp is barely a 4th liner let alone a second line option. Neither is roslovic next year or petan ever.

You make it sound like we should be looking forward to a high lottery pick next year.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It's amazing how little faith people are willing to put in the young ones. Play Petan with skilled players, and they become better. He can't carry a line though. Likewise, Roslovic was over a point-per-game in the NHL last year. They deserve another chance, and I'm not talking about on the 4th Line with Tanev and Thorburn.

31 games, 14 pts. Your math is funny.

Lowered Expectations

Marner money
Feb 3, 2017
Roslo is the new C.
Frenchie - Scheif - Laine (puck retriever, playmaker/finisher and finisher)
Ehlers - Little - Wheeler (finisher, puck retriever, playmaker)
Connor - Roslo - Vesalainen (finisher, playmaker, finisher <- dunno about getting the puck thgough?)
Copp-Lowry-Tanev (forechecker, bonecrusher, tasmanian devil)

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016

I don't like him in top 6 either but if we have to choose line-mate for Laine between him & Little it's Copp all day all night. At this point it should be obvious for everyone that PoMo won't play Chef & Pate together.

Of course we can hope that Roslo develops but can we count on that? Does anyone seriously believe that Little would generate enough offense in 2nd line?

Our team was very close for winning Stanley Cup this year, if we don't hire good center we will take huge step-back and won't truly battle about SC next season.

angrymnky

May 31, 2011
Winnipeg
Sure hope someone makes up for losing a 50 pt reg season/15 pt playoffs player. The month before we got him we lost around four games out of 12, the next 19 games we lost 3.

Tdpjets

Dec 30, 2017
little is only good with two strong wingers, like ladd and wheeler back in their prime. schef is with wheeler now, we might have to phase out little if we cant find strong wingers for him to play with.

I would try little as 2c and move connor down to the 2nd line and bump ehlers up to the first line with wheeler and schef. Connor has more grit than ehlers, this way little can just focus on making passes to laine rather than mucking it up near the boards. A line of connor little and laine might not be dominant every shift, but with laine's deadly shot, as long as they score one goal a game it would be worth it.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Roslovic at C.

Also looks like Vesalainen has a shot at making the roster next season.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Who is plan C. Because those are both going to fail if its a 2C line with Laine and Ehlers. we need to end Ehlers and Laine. Forget about Little. Seperate those 2. And it solves a lot. Go with a 1/ 2A 2B..... better yet split up line 1 as well. You need to balance 3 lines in todays NHL. Loading up does not work anymore.
Connor Shief Laine
Ehlers Little Wheels
perrault lowry roslovic
dano copp tanev

maybe swap connor perrault

after trade dead line look for a better 3 c and move lowry to 4th and dano press box copp takes his spot

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
little is only good with two strong wingers, like ladd and wheeler back in their prime. schef is with wheeler now, we might have to phase out little if we cant find strong wingers for him to play with.

I would try little as 2c and move connor down to the 2nd line and bump ehlers up to the first line with wheeler and schef. Connor has more grit than ehlers, this way little can just focus on making passes to laine rather than mucking it up near the boards. A line of connor little and laine might not be dominant every shift, but with laine's deadly shot, as long as they score one goal a game it would be worth it.

Totally agreed with first part.

That sounds like good idea on paper, but it won't work. Connor isn't strong enough to win board battles himself, Laine has been pretty weak but hopefully improves for next season & Little doesn't offer anything at boards. It is very optimistic thought that Connor would turn Little to good set-up man for Laine. They have totally different vision about game and are always in wrong place & wrong time.

It would be more than enough if they would score goal per game, but ELL didn't score even 0,5 GPG last season.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
wait i just got a boner thought

ehlers shief wheeler
vese little laine
connr perro roslovic
copp lowry tanev

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
It's amazing how little faith people are willing to put in the young ones. Play Petan with skilled players, and they become better. He can't carry a line though. Likewise, Roslovic was over a point per game in the NHL last year. They deserve another chance, and I'm not talking about on the 4th Line with Tanev and Thorburn.

Very good and insightful post here by Corgis-- I have no doubt that Roslovic will be the answer--both short and long term--and the financials fit right.

This guy is fast--has soft hands, and can score, and is a great playmaker. People should be happy that Stastny went to Vegas. Roslovic should fill in that spot, and as the quoted post says-- he was over a point per game. I really like his style.

I can see Roslovic putting up a least 50 points, but likely around 60--"very good."

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015

No need to slot Andrew in top 6
We have sufficient Copp space :naughty:

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Having watched Roslovic dominate every time he was on the ice as a centre with the Moose I have no doubt that he will be the answer.

Reactions: Whileee

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
People still think Petan is relevant? My god... I hope Chevy and Maurice dont

TO has Andreas Johnsson pencilled in as replacing JVR's offense, and he's older than Petan.

I don't see him as the C option, but he or Dano are currently the options for RW unless Vesalainen starts with the Jets and Ehlers goes over to the right side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad