London Knights 2022 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Too difficult to say before we see Testa in OHL action, but Testa performing at over PPG in Jr B as a freshly drafted player is very impressive.
Agreed also playing deep into the playoffs like he has means the competition is real yet he is still producing. All sounds good but you don’t know until he gets here these steps OHL to AHL to NHL are seriously big steps.

Reactions: three dog night

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
who will be better Testa or Barkey??

Better? Probly different styles.
I say Testa based on stuff n such lol, but hopefully both develop and play big roles.
I'd say Testa is ahead right now where Barkey was 1yr ago but that means squat til ya take that next step.
He is playing against olders players in POs and seems to be holding his own.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCoach

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Steklovs Instagram indicates he is done in London.

Looks like McGurn, Keane and Brochu

three dog night

May 3, 2014
St Catharines beat Hamilton 1 to 0 to win the Golden Horshoe Championship before 891 fans at the Jack. Hamilton again with an aggressive forecheck tonight frustrated the Galcns at time Testa was double team most of the night. Now off to the the Sutherland cup Round . Robin.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Thanks for the updates 3dognight. Appreciated.
Without seeing the games it still seems to be a big positive other teams are game planning and worried about the underage kid.

Reactions: LDN

three dog night

May 3, 2014
It now looks like the Falcons first game in the Sutherland Cup will be on the road Tuesday or Wednesday in Chatham they probably wanted a Friday home date to get more fans out.

Reactions: nelli27

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Steklovs Instagram indicates he is done in London.

Looks like McGurn, Keane and Brochu
I guess we can hope Brochu is back for an OA season but I’d be pretty positive someone will take a flyer on him and sign him after the NHL draft. Then he’ll be assigned to the pros.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Tuesday night for the Falcons in Chatham back home Friday with Chatham then Saturday in Cambridge home May 24 with Cambridge maybe the last game ever at the Jack depending how this round robin goes.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I guess we can hope Brochu is back for an OA season but I’d be pretty positive someone will take a flyer on him and sign him after the NHL draft. Then he’ll be assigned to the pros.
He will be back 100%

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Nothing in life is 100 %... except maybe death and taxes. Goalies with much less talent have moved on unexpectantly. London will plan for worst case scenario. They don't need a goalie conundrum to start the season like the Colts.

Exactly, most recent example is Jet Greaves (could have been an OA this year). He signed an AHL contract and then he signed an NHL contract in Feb 2022. Is Brochu better than Greaves?? I don’t know, but I would say Brochu was better than Greaves when he was 19.

Reactions: LDN

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Falcons draw fist blood beating Chatham 3 to 2 in overtime before 875 fans in Chatham Testa again checked closely.
It'll be good for his game in the long run. Learning on the job how to handle the attention from bigger, older, stronger players......It'll serve him well.
Glad he has this opportunity. Others have benefitted from the jrB PPs, post MM season runs as well. Gives the kids a glimpse of what's ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad