London Knights 2022 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TF519

Jun 9, 2014
For everyone saying the Knights didn't have the depth to absorb injuries...yes they did...they traded it all away and got nothing in return to show for it

Ben Roger
Stuart Rolofs
Mattias Onuska
There’s also reasoning behind some of it.

Roger was over drafted by a mile and flailing as our top D. They knew Steklov and Mailloux were going to reappear.

Rolofs was buried on the depth chart but no discernible reason to his departure.

Brochu demanded the net and Onuska was the causality.

Reactions: jimbarrou

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014

Roger was over drafted by a mile and flailing as our top D. They knew Steklov and Mailloux were going to reappear.

Rolofs was buried on the depth chart but no discernible reason to his departure.

More like Onuska demanded more the the net and the hunters didn't have faith in him thus why he was shipped away to a rival contender.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I cant believe that the rangers got us out.. congrats to them, but we wasted Evangelista and Stranges. Thankfully Brochu is back next year...the Hunters will want to go for it next year. They need a big money year post covid.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
I cant believe that the rangers got us out.. congrats to them, but we wasted Evangelista and Stranges. Thankfully Brochu is back next year...the Hunters will want to go for it next year. They need a big money year post covid.
unless nazar comes over it will be a sell and try build around barkey and testa

jfacowns

Mar 15, 2019
I think they're probably doing okay money wise.

The D corps should be pretty good next year. I don't think we lose anybody to other leagues and we have no D OA this year.

There will most certainly be a huge OA crunch next year though.

Montgomery
Steklov
Keane
McGurn
Brochu

Too many there.

They may opt to move Steklov given he's an import and an OA next year, but he's really solid back there IMO. He could choose to go back and play overseas again if he wanted I suppose.

The only one I'd be looking to move as soon as I can would be Montgomery. It's like Justin Sefton all over again. Looked solid as a 17 YO and below average as a 19 YO.

In theory though:

Mailoux - Steklov
Keane-George
Edward-Bonk
McKinnon-Federkow
Lloyd

Can't keep all of them.

Reactions: LDN

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW

The D corps should be pretty good next year. I don't think we lose anybody to other leagues and we have no D OA this year.

Montgomery
Steklov
Keane
McGurn
Brochu

Too many there.

They may opt to move Steklov given he's an import and an OA next year, but he's really solid back there IMO. He could choose to go back and play overseas again if he wanted I suppose.

The only one I'd be looking to move as soon as I can would be Montgomery. It's like Justin Sefton all over again. Looked solid as a 17 YO and below average as a 19 YO.

In theory though:

Mailoux - Steklov
Keane-George
Edward-Bonk
McKinnon-Federkow
Lloyd

Can't keep all of them.
Trading Mackinnon and Federkow and getting a 17yo import defenceman would make sense to me. I'd also be looking to move Keane/Mailloux at the deadline to stock the cupboards with picks or get a premier 16 year old.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
After Evangalista and Stranges there was a drastic drop in skill level. When I used to watch the Marner, Dvorak, Tkachuk team warmup, everyone ( even the 3rd and 4th liners) had a certain crispness to the passes and were picking corners like nobody's business. This years team had none of that from what I saw. They were just firing pucks off the glass.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Pretty sure OA goalies still count. There was a rumour in the WHL they were considering not counting them. But nothing official and it's probably too late to change any rule.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
After Evangalista and Stranges there was a drastic drop in skill level. When I used to watch the Marner, Dvorak, Tkachuk team warmup, everyone ( even the 3rd and 4th liners) had a certain crispness to the passes and were picking corners like nobody's business. This years team had none of that from what I saw. They were just firing pucks off the glass.

It felt like that around the league this year. The lost year of development really hampered things.

Reactions: rangersblues

The point is the assets were there at the depth positions and we basically said "here we're bent over shove it in deep and while you're at it rob our house"

We got nothing in return to show for dealing 3 top level players. Who does that fall on? Surely not you and I

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
One the biggest off season changes I hope your team does is change the jersey. I miss the 2016 kit London had. These new ones remind me of subway. What's the fan reaction to them?

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
Brock Otten’s list of largest drops from the mid-season rankings till the final rankings.

Recognize any names on the list?

Biggest Fallers:
Vsevolod Gaidamak (from 121 to not ranked)
Colton Smith (from 129 to not ranked)
Stuart Rolofs (from 142 to not ranked)
Ruslan Gazizov (from 62 to 149)
Liam Arnsby (from 66 to 115)
Tucker Robertson (from 109 to 162)
Jackson Edward (from 75 to 123)
Jorian Donovan (from 39 to 81)
Spencer Sova (from 38 to 80)
Tyler Savard (from 183 to not ranked)
Brody Crane (from 188 to not ranked)
Matthew Poitras (from 23 to 45)

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
One the biggest off season changes I hope your team does is change the jersey. I miss the 2016 kit London had. These new ones remind me of subway. What's the fan reaction to them?

Bring back these beauties
images.jpeg
91ed49242b6a8084.jpg

Reactions: All the Answers

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
It felt like that around the league this year. The lost year of development really hampered things.
Sure then how can it be our excuse… why weren’t the Knights more skilled?

Brock Otten’s list of largest drops from the mid-season rankings till the final rankings.

Recognize any names on the list?

Biggest Fallers:
Vsevolod Gaidamak (from 121 to not ranked)
Colton Smith (from 129 to not ranked)
Stuart Rolofs (from 142 to not ranked)
Ruslan Gazizov (from 62 to 149)
Liam Arnsby (from 66 to 115)
Tucker Robertson (from 109 to 162)
Jackson Edward (from 75 to 123)
Jorian Donovan (from 39 to 81)
Spencer Sova (from 38 to 80)
Tyler Savard (from 183 to not ranked)
Brody Crane (from 188 to not ranked)
Matthew Poitras (from 23 to 45)
Now it’s anti Knights favour for the draft lol

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011

Montgomery
Steklov
Keane
McGurn
Brochu

Too many there.

In theory though:

Mailoux - Steklov
Keane-George
Edward-Bonk
McKinnon-Federkow
Lloyd

Can't keep all of them.
If Brochu returns (which he likely will) then the 3 OAs will be Brochu, McGurn and Keane.

Monty will likely be dealt to get more playing minutes and Steklov will turn pro overseas I suspect.

I think you will see our import spot be a D as well. Biggest question mark will be Mailloux and his health.

Mailloux - Keane
Edward - Bonk
McKinnon-Import D
Extras: Federkow, McKinnon, Lloyd

my 2 cents

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Not fair to compare this year to the Marner, Dvorak, Tkachuk team that had depth beyond a fans wildest dreams. It was an enbarrassment of riches.

Last edited:

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
If Brochu returns (which he likely will) then the 3 OAs will be Brochu, McGurn and Keane.

Monty will likely be dealt to get more playing minutes and Steklov will turn pro overseas I suspect.

I think you will see our import spot be a D as well. Biggest question mark will be Mailloux and his health.

Mailloux - Keane
Edward - Bonk
McKinnon-Import D
Extras: Federkow, McKinnon, Lloyd

my 2 cents
Where is George?

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Biggest mystery to me, is how does Ben Bejold warrant as many minutes ice time in the 7th and deciding game, given his scoring prowess ? That, if anything, speaks to the scoring depth that was prevalent on this edition of the Knights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad