London Knights 2022 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobHockey

Jul 9, 2015
Exactly...what a crock of shite. If attendance is booming (or about to), there's no need to advertise it. If they want to generate hype for the upcoming season, announce major signings. Instead, they basically tell you hey, you won't want to miss this season because you'll be treated to sellout crowds. No mention of the actual product on the ice, and what there is to be excited about. What's next? Announcing new uniforms? Cheerleaders in the stands?
Interesting the creation of "demand" is hyped right before tickets are available to non-STH. It follows a theme we have seen throughout the past two years in many facets of our lives - hype the low supply to drive demand. I hope we see some changes to the in game experience - music, the goal song, the 2nd intermission "competitions", the giveaways etc. It might be a tough year on the ice so would be welcome if the other parts of the game experience were freshened up; long overdue imo. And please, time to get rid of Sweet Caroline!

BobHockey

Jul 9, 2015
Wondering what are your thoughts of the change this year of having most evening games start at 7:00 not 7:30?

I personally like the change. I am retired so it's not a rush for me to get to a 7:00 start but was finding that by the time I was getting home from games starting at 7:30 it was past my bedtime!

Reactions: three dog night

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Wondering what are your thoughts of the change this year of having most evening games start at 7:00 not 7:30?

I personally like the change. I am retired so it's not a rush for me to get to a 7:00 start but was finding that by the time I was getting home from games starting at 7:30 it was past my bedtime!

Interesting. I hadn't even checked the schedule and really haven't used my season tic hardly at all the past 2/3 years outside POs. Doesn't bother me at all and probly better timing really but maybe a little rushed gor those working n wanting dinner or drinks pre game.
Maybe a thought was to increase in arena sales? I dunno.

Reactions: Fastpace

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
I fear that this would set us back. Aka no real competitive team since we would have no draft picks. No thanks, someone else can pay that price

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Gets kinda tiring. Cant dominate every season. Reload year.

Intriguing storyline with Dickinson. One more item for the haters to latch onto if it becomes reality.

Last edited:

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
Reload. Trade Brochu, McGurn, Mailloux and load up on the 05 and 06 kids

Build around Dickinson, Barkey, Testa, Cowan, Bonk
Hasn't been confirmed we are getting Dickinson. Wouldn't want to get him for the price either.
Maybe someone can confirm if the source is legit or not?

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Hasn't been confirmed we are getting Dickinson. Wouldn't want to get him for the price either.
Maybe someone can confirm if the source is legit or not?
That guy covers the Niagara Icedogs. It’s legit. Also, the rumoured price is only 2 seconds and 2 thirds… that’s absolutely nothing for a defected player.

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
That guy covers the Niagara Icedogs. It’s legit. Also, the rumoured price is only 2 seconds and 2 thirds… that’s absolutely nothing for a defected player.
Still wouldn't pay the price for him. Would rather pay that price for a proven player

TF519

Jun 9, 2014
Still wouldn't pay the price for him. Would rather pay that price for a proven player
Nolan Dann went for two seconds and a fifth with OA potential next year on the back of a 57 point season. That price would be outrageous for a top prospect who received Owen Power comparisons at U17 camp.

Reactions: sbpointer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad