London Knights 2022 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobHockey

Jul 9, 2015
I know someone called up and they were offered seats. They just wanted to put their name on the list this year.
Covid was a big factor for sure but Hunters now have lost that waiting list cushion and will need to do a better job of appeasing the STH. Wether thru on ice product, deals whatever or the slope may continue. They will still pack em in, I think, but 7000-8000 is way different than 9000 in the pocket books
Perhaps this may prompt the front office to strengthen their on ice product. More importantly I feel they have coasted on the fan experience for some time and have taken the STHs for granted.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Not any super interesting names most people I would expect
Yeah that roster isn't probably so good as it should be.
Halttunen would've been great add on that roster but i truly understand
that he's decided to start his draft season in HIFK.

HIFK has already played few pre-season games but Halttunen has missed them due to injury.
He got hurt in Hlinka Gretzky tournament's bronze game's 3rd period and has been sidelined since that.

Reactions: LDN

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
Unless the Hunters can pull a rabbit out of the hat, I think this is going to be a tough year offensively. Defense looks great though!

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
I don't want to sound pessimistic heading into the season, but I think there's a better chance that Kikuchi wins a game for the Jays than the Knights announce a major signing.
Hey, they're making negative progress. Progressed from a complete lack of secondary scoring, to a projected lack of primary scoring. When Dale states that Ben Bujold will be looked to for stepping up and providing goals, that is selling something I'm not willing to buy.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

BobHockey

Jul 9, 2015
I don't want to sound pessimistic heading into the season, but I think there's a better chance that Kikuchi wins a game for the Jays than the Knights announce a major signing.
It's hard to see at this point how this team will be a force. My guess is they will ride the defence and possibly the goaltending if Brochu returns until the trade deadline and then sell big time.

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
We will be sellers. Can't be good every year, have to be sellers once in a while. Which actually might help force Dale to play the youngsters

TF519

Jun 9, 2014
We will be sellers. Can't be good every year, have to be sellers once in a while. Which actually might help force Dale to play the youngsters
Which they should have done last year but stubbornly held onto Evangelista. OS, Guelph, and Kitchener are vastly superior at the moment.

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
What’s the going rate on mailloux?

Is he gonna come on the cheap due to ya know

Kristina Hazzard

Oct 5, 2021
Here is how i see it going down with Bryce getting dealt

LWCRWLDRDG
GilmartinMcGurnSimEdwardMaillouxBrochu
GazizovBarkeyCraneGeorgeKeaneFlores
McCueBujoldJohnstonMacKinnonBonkWillmore
CowanTestaParisLloyd
KazbekovNichollO'ReillyFederkow
Levin

Reactions: LDN and aresknights

TKFan29

Aug 28, 2018
Nice list. The player who people are forgetting about is our 4th rounder Zachary Bowen. He is a year older being a 2005 who had excellent #'s in Jr B last year. He's not yet signed but I fully expect him to be the starter by the end of the year, after the Knights move the OHL goaltender of the year at the deadline. He'll probably break camp as the #2 behind Brett Brochu.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Reactions: dirty12

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario

Question the article considering the exodus of season ticket holders, draining of the wait list, and HC case still looming large.
Exactly...what a crock of shite. If attendance is booming (or about to), there's no need to advertise it. If they want to generate hype for the upcoming season, announce major signings. Instead, they basically tell you hey, you won't want to miss this season because you'll be treated to sellout crowds. No mention of the actual product on the ice, and what there is to be excited about. What's next? Announcing new uniforms? Cheerleaders in the stands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad