London Knights 2022 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slowpace

Jan 8, 2018
Kane is a big Knights booster?
How so?
Maybe I missed it but I've seen so many do so much more here. Continued community support, return every fall to work out/prep for season, move here.......
Always seemed like a thanks for the year n see ya kinda guy.
But I've been wrong before and will be again.
I probably used the wrong terminology. What I meant is that he always speaks very highly of his time here and the Hunters, the professional 'mini NHL' environment, that Knights graduates are NHL ready, etc.

And, yes I agree others have done and still do much more as far as community involvement, etc. (although most if not all are Canadians).

Reactions: zman77

cupcrazyman2

Jul 13, 2022
If he signs with Hawks he won't be at Michigan. And guess who he models his game after? Patrick Kane.
Lots of strong connections between Hawks and Knights. Not over til its over.

Blackhawks first-rounder Frank Nazar III told the Michigan Daily he’s been discussing with Wolverines coaches the chance to fill a gaping hole at centre in the NCAA squad’s forward ranks this fall. The Knights still hope the gifted scorer ends up at Budweiser Gardens by opening puck drop.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
What’s London’s projected roster looking like for opening night as it stands right now??

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London

This can’t be good for Michigan hockey…
I wonder if this was another factor in Hunter Brzustewicz decommitting back in June to sign with Kitchener. Mel was pretty confident he'd stay.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

This can’t be good for Michigan hockey…

Hasn't this been ongoing investigation for a while?

Brett Brochu suiting up for TC again. Toster looks like it took hit with the end end players either opting out or being told to not go in prep for pro camps

Honestly probly won't invest in watching til some changes are made up top

Last edited:

SteveCrow1

Aug 31, 2021

Blackhawks first-rounder Frank Nazar III told the Michigan Daily he’s been discussing with Wolverines coaches the chance to fill a gaping hole at centre in the NCAA squad’s forward ranks this fall. The Knights still hope the gifted scorer ends up at Budweiser Gardens by opening puck drop.
Michigan coach Mel Pearson just fired - this has to help London get Frank Nazar into camp

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Denver Barkey of the London Knights was named the most outstanding player of the gold medal game, while Oshawa Generals forward Calum Ritchie led the tournament in scoring. In net, Canada’s Scott Ratzlaff had the best performance ever by a Canadian goalie in the tournament with three or more games played, as far as goals-against average and save-percentage are concerned, says Brock Otten of McKeens Hockey (link). Otten adds that while most of the top Canadian prospects in the 2005 class held their standard, Ethan Gauthier, Colby Barlow, and Caden Price were able to elevate their game, and thus their standing as prospects (link).

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
Question. Is there still a waiting list for season tickets or did Covid wipe that out? Hearing some people have been offered tickets, never being on the waiting list before.

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
Question 2. Did the GOJHL sanction or punish Paul Duarte for the head hunting stunt he pulled last season with the Nationals or was it swept under the rug?

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
So no starts for Brett Brochu?? Seems weird that he was arguably the No. 1 goalie this past WJ’s but 8 months later and after winning OHL goalie of the year, he’s not getting a sniff of action.

Sucks but maybe it’s motivation for him

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
So no starts for Brett Brochu?? Seems weird that he was arguably the No. 1 goalie this past WJ’s but 8 months later and after winning OHL goalie of the year, he’s not getting a sniff of action.

.911 save % in the reg. season and .893 in the playoffs isn't going to get you any WJ starts lol

Garand: .925 in reg. season and .933 in the playoffs
Cossa: .913 in the reg. season and .919 in the playoffs

Yea, Brochu is definitely the 3rd goalie of those 3

dino200022

Garand is CHL goalie of the year so they will ride him for sure...Cossa will be the starting tendy for next year's XMAS team so he will get the odd start. I don't think this is much of a surprise to anyone, does it suck for Knights fan potentially. But this makes perfect sense to me.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Garand is CHL goalie of the year so they will ride him for sure...Cossa will be the starting tendy for next year's XMAS team so he will get the odd start. I don't think this is much of a surprise to anyone, does it suck for Knights fan potentially. But this makes perfect sense to me.

Cossa is an '02 (same as Garand and Brochu). This is the last year of eligibility for all of them.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Question. Is there still a waiting list for season tickets or did Covid wipe that out? Hearing some people have been offered tickets, never being on the waiting list before.
I know someone called up and they were offered seats. They just wanted to put their name on the list this year.
Covid was a big factor for sure but Hunters now have lost that waiting list cushion and will need to do a better job of appeasing the STH. Wether thru on ice product, deals whatever or the slope may continue. They will still pack em in, I think, but 7000-8000 is way different than 9000 in the pocket books

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad