London Knights 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
So what is the price Mailloux is paying?? A paltry $1600 fine in Sweden?? Coming back to Canada telling the NHL not to draft him, never opting out and still getting drafted?? Seeking couselling is a form of rehabilitation not exactly a penalty. So is the price he only pays is that fine?? If this happened to a daughter or sister would you have similar views?? Social media didn't tell him to do this. Logan decided to do this on his own. Yes people will move on but if you can't grasp the seriousness of what's happening in society we can't help you. Bergevin was part of the Blackhawks organization with the current scandal blowing up. The problem is now sports and many organizations only care about the wins and losses a moral compass is thrown out the window. This isn't about clutching pearls this is about whether or not you believe Logan has paid his price and got a just penalty. As of now being a 1st round pick I don't believe there's been any price paid.
The NHL has no option to opt out. They stated this after Logan made his statement. A player cannot remove himself from the draft.

Regarding Bergevin with the Hawks, that doesn't account for the other teams who said they were looking to take Logan ( reports are up to 12 other teams)

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
So what is the price Mailloux is paying?? A paltry $1600 fine in Sweden?? Coming back to Canada telling the NHL not to draft him, never opting out and still getting drafted?? Seeking couselling is a form of rehabilitation not exactly a penalty. So is the price he only pays is that fine?? If this happened to a daughter or sister would you have similar views?? Social media didn't tell him to do this. Logan decided to do this on his own. Yes people will move on but if you can't grasp the seriousness of what's happening in society we can't help you. Bergevin was part of the Blackhawks organization with the current scandal blowing up. The problem is now sports and many organizations only care about the wins and losses a moral compass is thrown out the window. This isn't about clutching pearls this is about whether or not you believe Logan has paid his price and got a just penalty. As of now being a 1st round pick I don't believe there's been any price paid.

There has been a price paid; the kid’s character has been trashed and his character will be questioned for life. Public humiliation and endless education pointing to how terrible a person he is, is about as harsh a penalty that can be handed a young offender. Getting drafted round 1 brought way more public scrutiny than round 7 would have.

Last edited:

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Go back to your own board Judge Judy! He paid the price the Swedish court deemed acceptable. No parole required so let it go ffs and move on! You are one self righteous sob

boknows

Oct 15, 2015
Ben's scouting report describes him as "hulking". He's now 200 lbs... You guys will remember how super skinny he was when he entered the O. Very athletic, skilled player who I spoke highly of since his first training camp. Happy for the kid.[//QUOTE]

Last edited:

Otto

Something for people to keep in mind in regards to Logan Mailloux.. for those saying he is not having any consequences or repercussions.... He was a minor when he committed the offence. He had to give permission for the story to be published and he granted that permission. To me that says he is owning up to it, also, by all accounts he has been suspended indefinitely by the Ontario Hockey League, on top of the penalty he received in Sweden he is experiencing consequences for his actions.

My hope is still that he does a ton of community service starting with talking at high schools and donating to women's causes, and does not report to Habs camp this fall.

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Something for people to keep in mind in regards to Logan Mailloux.. for those saying he is not having any consequences or repercussions.... He was a minor when he committed the offence. He had to give permission for the story to be published and he granted that permission. To me that says he is owning up to it, also, by all accounts he has been suspended indefinitely by the Ontario Hockey League, on top of the penalty he received in Sweden he is experiencing consequences for his actions.

My hope is still that he does a ton of community service starting with talking at high schools and donating to women's causes, and does not report to Habs camp this fall.

Wouldn't refusing to report to the Habs training camp introduce another different set of consequences ? If you were Bergevin, and stuck your neck out, the last thing you'd want is some 18 year-old kid making you look foolish. He's already taking enough heat from the Montreal fans for making this selection. Alienating someone who has tossed him a lifeline, probably isn't the best path forward...especially if that GM is vindicative in nature.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Here we go!

Gilmartin (SJS) - Stranges (A - DAL) - Evangelista (C - NSH)
Rolofs* - Gazizov (2022) - McCue (A - SJS)
Smith (2022) - Bujold (2022) - Crane (2022)
Sim (2022) - McGurn* - Barkey (2023)
Paris (2023)- Cowan (2023) - Kazbekov (2022)
Anselmini* -Chantler*-

Steklov* - Mailloux (MTL)
Keane(A)* - Roger(OTT)
Edward (2022) - Montgomery (CAR)
George (2022) -Bonk (2023)
Mackinnon* -Federkow*

Brochu*
Flores (2022)
Onuska*

The Knights have 17 OHL level forwards, 10 OHL Defencemen and 3 OHL goalies. We will likely trade 2/3 forwards 2 dmen and let perhaps trade one goalie.

Its too bad Rolofs, Brochu and Steklov didn't get drafted. They all had the potential to be for sure. As much as I don't think Keane is that great a dman he will likely be an assistant captain and top 4 D. The Knights brass seems to really like him.

I think we need to add a high skill OA forward, a 3rd line OA forward and depending on the Mailoux situation we might need and OA D. We for sure look like we are stacked for this year, next year and the year after. THE KNIGHTS ARE BACK BABY!

Otto

Wouldn't refusing to report to the Habs training camp introduce another different set of consequences ? If you were Bergevin, and stuck your neck out, the last thing you'd want is some 18 year-old kid making you look foolish. He's already taking enough heat from the Montreal fans for making this selection. Alienating someone who has tossed him a lifeline, probably isn't the best path forward...especially if that GM is vindicative in nature.
I would imagine if he didn't report to Habs camp there would be a discussion between Mailloux and Bergevin with the reason being that he's still working on his personal issues at the moment. Again, as it stands hes suspended indefinitely from the OHL, so it's not like he's going to see any action before camp. It's no different than taking a college player who is not ready to leave school.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Here we go!

Gilmartin (SJS) - Stranges (A - DAL) - Evangelista (C - NSH)
Rolofs* - Gazizov (2022) - McCue (A - SJS)
Smith (2022) - Bujold (2022) - Crane (2022)
Sim (2022) - McGurn* - Barkey (2023)
Paris (2023)- Cowan (2023) - Kazbekov (2022)
Anselmini* -Chantler*-

Steklov* - Mailloux (MTL)
Keane(A)* - Roger(OTT)
Edward (2022) - Montgomery (CAR)
George (2022) -Bonk (2023)
Mackinnon* -Federkow*

Brochu*
Flores (2022)
Onuska*

The Knights have 17 OHL level forwards, 10 OHL Defencemen and 3 OHL goalies. We will likely trade 2/3 forwards 2 dmen and let perhaps trade one goalie.

Its too bad Rolofs, Brochu and Steklov didn't get drafted. They all had the potential to be for sure. As much as I don't think Keane is that great a dman he will likely be an assistant captain and top 4 D. The Knights brass seems to really like him.

I think we need to add a high skill OA forward, a 3rd line OA forward and depending on the Mailoux situation we might need and OA D. We for sure look like we are stacked for this year, next year and the year after. THE KNIGHTS ARE BACK BABY!

I'd say Paris, Anselmini and Chantler likely all play Jr. B for the forwards, leaving Cowan and Kazbekov rotating in and out with probably Sim and Barkey. On D, probably Bonk and Federkow playing in Jr. B as well. For all of these players it's assuming they don't steal a spot in camp.

That still leaves them with 14F and 8D. If they add OAs, Cowan, Kazbekov and MacKinnon are all on the outside looking in.

But if they are going to trade younger guys, here's who I would explore trading:
Landon Sim. Young skilled forward who is going to be buried on the 4th line, likely in and out of the lineup.

Isaiah George. Big, young D with some potential. He's in his draft year and on paper is the 7th D (6 while Mailloux's presumably suspended). If they add even 1 OA D man he's the teams 8th D.

Connor Federkow. Probably not as valuable as the other 2, but is a 5'10 D man who plays like he's 6'5 and I'm sure there are a lot of teams who are willing to bite on that.

Reactions: LDN

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Go back to your own board Judge Judy! He paid the price the Swedish court deemed acceptable. No parole required so let it go ffs and move on! You are one self righteous sob

Self righteous? How?? He committed a sex crime 8 months ago. His agent in conjunction with Logan say don't draft me. Now it looks like complete lip service. I mean even the Knights didn't congratulate Logan Mailloux on being selected but they congratulated every other selection. If this had happened to your daughter would you say the same thing??

Otto

Self righteous? How?? He committed a sex crime 8 months ago. His agent in conjunction with Logan say don't draft me. Now it looks like complete lip service. I mean even the Knights didn't congratulate Logan Mailloux on being selected but they congratulated every other selection. If this had happened to your daughter would you say the same thing??
I mean....

Given the exact same situation I probably would have f**ked up and did the same thing .

imarriedawitch

Criticism ad nauseam is abuse.
Sep 22, 2013
London<>Las Vegas
I would imagine if he didn't report to Habs camp there would be a discussion between Mailloux and Bergevin with the reason being that he's still working on his personal issues at the moment. Again, as it stands hes suspended indefinitely from the OHL, so it's not like he's going to see any action before camp. It's no different than taking a college player who is not ready to leave school.

Agreed. With the work he has to do he shouldn't have time for rookie camp with the Habs. Besides the optics would be horrible if he was at pro camp while not yet reinstated by the OHL. I imagine Branch will require the kid to show his work before he's back in London.

Reactions: Otto

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Yes self righteous. I get the fact that Logan made a very serious and callous mistake without thinking of the ramifications to the victim and himself moving forward. He lacked mature thinking in trying to impress his new teammates. Not trying to sugar coat anything but he was in a new country and trying to be accepted! I can't say for sure that I might have made a similar one. I never had the chance to make it because I was never put in that situation. 17 years old, 3,000 miles from home on my own living in an apartment not with billets. That is one of the reasons I am willing to give the kid a second chance because he has admitted his mistake and has accepted full responsibility for it, apol0gized for it, pled guilty and paid what the Swedish deemed fair for a minor. Hopefully he gets better and does some community service and helps other kids from making the same mistake BUT he needs that chance ! That's why I say people like you that sit behind your keyboard and want this kid drawn and quartered are like I said self righteous. A mistake is only a mistake until it is corrected! It was a shitty thing to do and I am not happy he did it but it is over and done with and the ball is now in his court to make amends and grow from his mistake. By know means do I feel anything but pain for the victim in this and I really think there are 2 victims in this. I honestly believe if he would have thought more about it he wouldn't have done it but once you hit send there is no going back.

boknows

Oct 15, 2015
Ben's scouting report describes him as "hulking". He's now 200 lbs... You guys will remember how super skinny he was when he entered the O. Very athletic, skilled player who I spoke highly of since his first training camp. Happy for the kid.
He was 127 pounds when drafted and a smooth skater per reports. But then who wouldn't be a smooth skater at that weight. Looking forward to seeing him playing an increased role with the Knights.

Reactions: nelli27

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Of course Logan bears full responsibility for such a thoughtless and demeaning act. Must be quite challenging for a testosterone driven teen playing hockey in Sweden (well known for its beautiful women), to think with his head rather than other body parts. Hopefully he learns a valuable lesson. And, another lesson to be learned should something like this happen again, a cancelled season... Send the kid to England, not Sweden. :popcorn:

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Of course Logan bears full responsibility for such a thoughtless and demeaning act. Must be quite challenging for a testosterone driven teen playing hockey in Sweden (well known for its beautiful women), to think with his head rather than other body parts. Hopefully he learns a valuable lesson. And, another lesson to be learned should something like this happen again, a cancelled season... Send the kid to England, not Sweden. :popcorn:

As the late Robin Williams once said....or words to this effect :
The male brain needs a certain amount of blood supply to function properly. The penis has the same requirement. Unfortunately, men do not have sufficient blood supply for BOTH to function at the same time.

Reactions: Ward Cornell
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad