London Knights 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
All I can say is shame on Mailloux. A harsh punishment from the OHL is fine with me.

But he is still going to get drafted - you can circle back to this post on Saturday. Probably not by a Canadian team, and not in the first or second round like he would have been. But realistically, a smaller market American team will take on the risk, as they are less likely to experience significant backlash from fans because of the actions of a mid round draft pick. It won't be hard to frame this as a 17 year old kid, in a foreign country, on a new team, making a stupid mistake. I also think some NHL GMs are going to take the perspective that, while his actions are a very poor reflection of his overall character, it's not necessarily an indication that he is going to be uncoachable as a player, or a locker room cancer.

And once you're drafted, draft position no longer matters and you have every chance to make the NHL. So to the above posts saying that his playing career is over/he won't make the NHL cause of this...I really, really doubt that. If he doesn't make the NHL, it'll be because he wasn't good enough.

Well I was right about him being drafted...and not so much on the rest. Never did I think he would go ABOVE where he was projected.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
I thought Doug Stacey would be almost impossible to replace and it seems like Matt has all the qualifications and is a local boy. Welcome home and best of luck in your Knight’s career

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
Well... there's zero concern about signing free agents in Montreal

They moved on from Mailloux to sign Hoffman who was chased out of Ottawa because his girlfriend was bullying Karlsson's wife including comments made about losing their baby. Habs are on a roll this off-season. haha.

Reactions: TheCoach

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
They moved on from Mailloux to sign Hoffman who was chased out of Ottawa because his girlfriend was bullying Karlsson's wife including comments made about losing their baby. Habs are on a roll this off-season. haha.

Which no evidence was ever provided and that case hasn't been mentioned since.

Details, my guy.

Reactions: aresknights

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
I doubt they get asked about it at all. it would be a pretty big douchebaggery move to bring it up.

Don't overestimate the press in other OHL cities. Mailloux will be our new Ryan Merkley on the road - booed in every arena whenever he touches the puck. Whoever considers themselves a tough guy on other teams will want to take Logan on. As long as Logan doesn't instigate he can look after himself.
Ahh, it will be great to establish ourselves as the most hated franchise in the OHL again!

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Don't overestimate the press in other OHL cities. Mailloux will be our new Ryan Merkley on the road - booed in every arena whenever he touches the puck. Whoever considers themselves a tough guy on other teams will want to take Logan on. As long as Logan doesn't instigate he can look after himself.
Ahh, it will be great to establish ourselves as the most hated franchise in the OHL again!
I love it. Our team is big, bad, MEAN and GREEN. GO KNIGHTS GO

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I love it. Our team is big, bad, MEAN and GREEN. GO KNIGHTS GO
So very, very true and I enjoy it as well. The hatred is one thing but the way the Knights are in the players and even supporters of the competition amazes me. Some of the BS that comes out of otherwise logical posters (OK sometime logical) blows my mind.

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
Hmm establish again (?) maybe just confirm we are the most hated team in the OHL? They only hate on us because they can’t be us!
In all fairness you shouldn't be bragging about being the most hated team in the OHL when you are harboring sex offenders. The rest of the teams who earn their hatred by winning memorial cups can't compete with that sort of hate, you guys win hands down. Just waiting for the announcement of Bill Cosby for head of player development, should be coming from Mark Hunter shortly.

Reactions: Gibby and djscooter

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
In all fairness you shouldn't be bragging about being the most hated team in the OHL when you are harboring sex offenders. The rest of the teams who earn their hatred by winning memorial cups can't compete with that sort of hate, you guys win hands down. Just waiting for the announcement of Bill Cosby for head of player development, should be coming from Mark Hunter shortly.
So you are saying they were not the most hated as of 2 weeks ago? Who was?

Ohhhh you're a Spits fan... Happy St. Patricks Day? Former Windsor Spitfire Ben Johnson found guilty of sexual assault | Windsor Star

Last edited:
Reactions: sbpointer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad